US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it was this guy

Avo7USuCMAER6Vu.jpg
I think that's Ben Crane.

Dariusz J.

Hey, Dariusz,
Is driving a ball 25 feet off line and losing your ball in a tree penal enough?
What a shame for Westwood. You just know he's gonna lose this by one:(

Well, I did not like it at all. He was off the fairway but it was too penal. It is a rare case, I think, although I remember Langer playing a shot from the tree near the green somewhere.

Cheers

ZAP

New
Trees hanging near the line of play that eat golf balls just sets this sort of thing up to happen. If I am Westwood I am finding one of those trees and cutting it down.....SLOWLY. With a friggin axe.

I don't mind a lot of bogeys at a US Open, but I'd also like to see some birdies. I didn't like #15 on Sat, and #18 on Sunday. They give you a wedge and then put the pin where you can't go at it. #18 pin on Sat, gave up some birdies. It would have been a lot more exciting, if they put it there on Sunday. The balls burying in that left hand bunker on #18 isn't needed. Give the players a chance to hit a great bunker shot.

Webb Simpson had four birdies on the last 13 holes, better than 25%. Birdies were there, you just had to hit the ball in play off the tee to have a chance at a birdie. We've gotten use to seeing birdies from out of the rough every week, wasn't going to happen at Olympia.

Personally I like seeing straight drivers get rewarded.

Bunker on 18 on Saturday wasn't the problem, why were tour pros missing wedges that badly from 100 yards out, normally they hit that in their sleep. I think the US open pressure on a sunday had more of an impact than the course setup.

Webb Simpson is obviously a very good player, but I'd like him a lot more if his follow-through didn't look like my grandpa lifting his ass off the couch to fart.

Well, I did not like it at all. He was off the fairway but it was too penal. It is a rare case, I think, although I remember Langer playing a shot from the tree near the green somewhere.

Cheers

The trees to the right of #5 are only in play if you hit a poor shot, or get greedy (attempt to hit over them). The punishment is proportional to the "miss".

Dariusz J.

The trees to the right of #5 are only in play if you hit a poor shot, or get greedy (attempt to hit over them). The punishment is proportional to the "miss".

Aha. Thanks for correcting me. Therefore, we know that Westwood rather deserved what happened to him on this hole. I thought this was a smaller miss.

Cheers

dbl

New
Here's the 5th and tree line. the 5th was listed at 498, not sure of Saturday length, but if LW played driver, then the ball would be headed pretty far down
30ayst0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.