well thats it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, pecky.... You just got the chance of a lifetime! I hope that you take this chance and use it to the full, and appreciate what Brian is about to give you. What I would give to be in your shoes kid...

I would say I am allot like you peck. I'm young, and I have been playing for a long time, I LOVE golf with all of my heart... does that sound funny? yeah, because it is, why do I love a "game"? I dont know, but I understand the meaning of "for the love of the game" about as well as anyone on this planet. Golf is almost like a friend to me, as in, if I lost it, It would hurt about as bad as losing a friend.

I'm somewhat blessed (my whole family are actually pretty naturally talented golfers), in the way of, without ever really taking a lesson, just studding golf on my own (and mostly using bad information before finding this website) I have been able to become a respectable single digit handicapper ranging from 7 to 9 over the past 3 years. However my passion is the same as yours, I want to be able to make golf my profession, how great would it be, to do something you love, and make money at it? Thats something 99 percent of this world doesn't get a chance to do. However I cant do that, I'm 21, in a relationship that is closer to marriage than not, and I have other obligations that really wont let me throw myself into trying to become a really great golfer that can make money at this sport. If I had a chance like your getting right now, earlier in my life, I would have taken it, ran with it and never looked back. I would give anything to go back in time to about 16 years old, and worked with Brian... I guarantee, Anthony Kim wouldn't have anything on me right now, I'm confident of that.

Brian must really see something in you.
Take this chance, run with it, have fun, and I wish you the absolute best man.

-Micah-

thanks very much mate. this an absolutely amazing thing that brian is doing for me

vandal

New
OK, this is cheesy, but it may be relevant.

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

It's a silly line from a sci-fi movie (Star Wars) but it can mean different things. It can mean stop talking about it and get to work. Or it can mean, perhaps, that in trying we are thinking about what we want to do, which can get in the way of the doing.

When we are doing there is not much purposeful thought that can cloud our actions. There comes a time in golf when you must trust yourself and your swing and just do it without over analyzing it.

Yoda was all about the Zen. Clear your thoughts. React.

OK, this is cheesy, but it may be relevant.

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

It's a silly line from a sci-fi movie (Star Wars) but it can mean different things. It can mean stop talking about it and get to work. Or it can mean, perhaps, that in trying we are thinking about what we want to do, which can get in the way of the doing.

When we are doing there is not much purposeful thought that can cloud our actions. There comes a time in golf when you must trust yourself and your swing and just do it without over analyzing it.

Yoda was all about the Zen. Clear your thoughts. React.

Hi Vandal,

Actually I think you'll find it means there is no such thing as trying (to do your best), You siimply do your best, or you don't....
After every action (on hindsight) you can always turn around and say "I did my best" or (in reality) "I could have done better"....but you can't turn around and say, "I tried to do my best"...doesn't fit, does it?....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.