Who are you rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, guys, I'm not saying Bubba is just as good as Nicklaus was. I'm saying that his game is effective in a way that is similar to Nicklaus's.

The standard here is not Nicklaus. It's Furyk. I'm saying that Bubba probably would have made more money than Furyk back in the 1950's and 1960's.

Dariusz J.

Nothing is more fun that debating Dariusz (just don't tell him that grandparents are from Germany) :)

What the hell are you talking about ? Leave my family alone or you'll regret.

If it is so fun to debate me why are you doing it for the first time ? Usually, those who debate with me almost always meritorically lose. It's my hot blood mixed with % that switches my f'n brain off.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Sorry, Dariusz, typo. I was saying my grandparents are from Germany. Lame joke.

So what ? Quoting Menelaus -- we had battles won and lost and we fought well. There were times that there were so many German dead corpses that people had not time enough to bury them and Polish dogs did it (that's why the place is called Psie Pole = Hundsfeld) and there were times Poles were like beaten dogs in camps as 'untermensch'.
Anyhow, I prefer enemies over false friends since I know that the only one thing I need is to kick their butts and not expect treasons.

Cheers

The Poles are a tough people, no question about it! They're also fun people. A huge chunk of my family is from the Chicago area, so they've got a lot of Polish friends.

Dariusz J.

By the way, Dariusz, I hope you don't regard me as an enemy.

I've met all sorts of shitheads on golf fora (I was one of them surely often ROFL) but never ever would treat another golfer as an enemy. It is a game and we're sometimes hotblooded.
But I don't envy a real enemy who's helpless in my big arms.

Cheers

BTW, Furyk should learn how to putt better. He loses matches on greens.

Alright, unfortunately, Tiger and Rory will not meet each other in the finals this year.

So who are you rooting for now?

Personally, in the semi-finals, I'm hoping to see Bubba vs. Kuchar and Poulter vs. Mahan........

Hooray, Bubba, Kuchar, Poulter and Mahan are all still alive! Compelling stuff......

And, a SNAP HOOK hybrid shot to blow a USGA Open Championship. :p

The setup of the 16th hole on Sunday was incredibly awkward. Considering the circumstances, not surprising that Furyk overcooked one.

I don't think anyone disputes that Furyk's ballstriking is amazingly consistent, typically even under pressure.

Also, I imagine Furyk is a lot more comfortable hitting it straight than trying to intentionally hook it.

Last edited:
Welcome from the dead. Yes, you're fuckin right, to route for favourites. How can I welcome you ? A better player than myself -- sure. A guy with a better knowledge in golf ? -- sure. A better wanker than myself ? -- should I answer that, or not ?

Are you a fucking pocket weapon of manzella forum? have you seen ...

does not matter.

I am too weak to fight weirdos of your golfing world.

I am OUT.

Whoa!!!! "D" a bit sensitive today eh?? I was just yanking your chain a bit. I guess that peace pipe PM we had wasn't as sincere as I thought it was. Anyway, even the most accurate players can be inaccurate at times too amigo.

The setup of the 16th hole on Sunday was incredibly awkward. Considering the circumstances, not surprising that Furyk overcooked one.

Excuses, excuses!! They moved the tees up quite a bit, that's all and no one else hit a snap hook off that tee that day.

Hope Bubba wins because he shapes the ball as well as anyone. Great ball striker with great distance. :)

I know I am biased here as he is a good friend, but the Stats would show Furyk was an exceptional putter from 1995 to about 2008. He has qualified for every Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup team except one since 1997. And he has always been on the short side. That does not happen to a person who needs to putt better. Bottom line, over his career he is a world class elite putter. However he is 43 now and it is not what it once was. I am rooting for Poulter and Bubba as they are just more enjoyable to watch.

His putting does not need to be better, just faster. If it was, then perhaps, he may not have been put on the clock prior to the infamous snap hook...

Dariusz J.

Whoa!!!! "D" a bit sensitive today eh?? I was just yanking your chain a bit. I guess that peace pipe PM we had wasn't as sincere as I thought it was. Anyway, even the most accurate players can be inaccurate at times too amigo.

Yes, I was sensitive -- especially because I gave you my hand with sincere heart through the PM you mention and you still chose to provoke me with your bad will. Never mind, I edited my last post because it was too brutal anyhow.

Cheers

you still chose to provoke me with your bad will.

Bad will?? It's called a sense of humor D. No bad feelings at all.

Do you really think Hogan hit the ball good all the time?

And Kevin is right, you need to get out and see these long hitters up close.

They hit it really good bro. They're not as wild as you make them out to be.

Everybody misses fairways all the time. Ben Hogan did too!

Status
Not open for further replies.