"You'll hit it worse for awhile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Manzella said:
Bolt said:
Does it just take longer for them to get their players to do it their way instead of modifying their method for the individual?

It takes WAY TOO LONG to teach someone a method.

But, every now and then, the right player comes along, and makes a teacher look good.

That's the problem.

Lets say a golfer is a great putter and a short hitter, but a bit crooked as well. They are good enough to keep their card, but that's about it.

This golfer's main technical issue is that they over lean their torso to the right on the backswing, and have a poor, unstable lower body through impact.

A teacher comes along with a pattern that features no right lean on the backswing, very little lower body action, and poor power production.

The student improves their accuracy because they don't get below plane with the "over lean," and hit is more solid with the quiet lower body.

The fact they don't gain power means little, because they were a short hitter before.

He will improve a lot, and the teacher will be able to say, "See, this pattern is great!!!"

Based on the true story of a "Happy" player on The PGA Tour??

Nope....this is incorrect. I worked with Haney himself and one of his top instructors for years.

I got the same lesson taught in slightly different ways since 1989. In all of those years and in all of those lessons, a major swing flaw was ignored because it wasn't part of the "Haney Method".

I don't know who you are....but you are a clueless little troll and I suspect Brian and his staff have forgotten more about the golf swing than you will ever know.

Next time, you might consider that you shouldn't piss on your host's carpet. It's a good way to get your nose rubbed in the mess you leave.

We know tilthatday was joking now but I have to tell you...this is one of the funniest, best responses I've ever seen. It is funny because it is so good.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.