For all those that share Brian's "50 lb. goal" in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lite Beer has 5 grams Carbs and 100 calories a Can and is about 5% Alcohol the rest is Water...... I Don't have a Weight Problem... I am Never Hungary and Eat like a King...... I've been on Atkins for 8 Years.... Pre 2000 I was on the Food Pyramid..... I weighed 250# and drank a case(24 Cans) of Coors Lite a Day.... You would Never Know it if you didn't Smell the Beer...... After the First Year of Atkins Still drinking a Case of Lite Coors a Day I went down to 210# and Stayed There..... 1 1/2 Years Ago I Quit the Beer for the Hell of it and went real fast down to 190#s and Stayed There.... As far as the Brain Mass Goes I suggest that You Stay Off the Booze......:D

5g carbs x 4 calories = 20 calories
~11.4 g alcohol x 7 calories = 80 calories
The alcohol is the majority of the calories, its not the carbs. If you drank a case of alcohol per day you for sure have had a loss in brain mass. The good news is that it is partially reversible if you abstain from alcohol.

alcohol-brain.jpg

Bronco Billy

Yikes......

5g carbs x 4 calories = 20 calories
~11.4 g alcohol x 7 calories = 80 calories
The alcohol is the majority of the calories, its not the carbs. If you drank a case of alcohol per day you for sure have had a loss in brain mass. The good news is that it is partially reversible if you abstain from alcohol.

alcohol-brain.jpg

Scary Ain't It...........:eek:

One week of zero carbing! And Im still here! No constipation!:)

Future why do I feel so great? Am I high off of ketones?

I wonder if this guy ever finished his research:

http://www.moodfoods.com/fasting-mood.html

I stopped vegging because I didn't feel healthy, not because I didn't have will power. My current experiment takes way more will power. If I ever veg again I would eat a high fat mostly nut and berry diet... No grains, no starches, no soy, no morning star, no bs.

Bronco Billy

Kite High.......

I stopped vegging because I didn't feel healthy, not because I didn't have will power. My current experiment takes way more will power. If I ever veg again I would eat a high fat mostly nut and berry diet... No grains, no starches, no soy, no morning star, no bs.

You will always feel Good on this Diet..... If I start Gaining I Go back to Induction(close to 0 Carb) and get Higher than a Kite.....:D I take Fiber Choice 4 to 6 Tablets a day They Taste like Candy.... Really Good... Also take 2 B150s and 2 C 1000s per Day....

Why does this 0 Carb Diet require So Much Will Power for You? Hungar or What?

Ketone bodies not ketones, lol

were you healthy as a vegetarian? as opposed to feeling healthy I mean

bronco its good to hear that you are taking supplements, especially the fiber

Why does this 0 Carb Diet require So Much Will Power for You? Hungar or What?

I am satisfied, but spend a lot of time on the go, and the only food that seems available is high carb garbage. I haven't had the desire to stray, but I've had hundreds of opportunities.

Ketone bodies!!!

Vegetarianism is not the ideal diet or the original diet of modern hominids.

No animal flesh = no evolution of modern man. Figure that one out!

It takes more than foraging like an ape to nourish a 1350cc brain. We spend a greater percentage of our energy intake on feeding our brains, and please don't respond with any info on the brains preferred source of fuel. My nutrition textbook was sold back to the bookstore years ago;) The evolution of ancient hominids into Homo sapiens is due to dietary changes as well as many other factors. Your whole garbage idea that we are supposed to be vegetarians since we don't have shearing teeth like other meat eaters is beyond illogical! We don't have shearing teeth because we have HANDS! Hands that can make tools, tools that can kill prey. Our teeth do not have the same characteristics as past bipedal herbivores. We do not have the large grinding teeth of primitive hominids like the Australopithecus that was a small brained raw vegetation forager. Later Hominids all evolved smaller teeth do to the ability to cook food (raw food diets are idiotic!) and the dependency on an animal flesh diet. There is evidence that suggests that as soon as hominids began eating an animal flesh diet, their brains increased in size while their teeth decreased in size because of not needing to grind raw vegetation. You asked me why would i want to eat a diet that is designed for people with a brain disorder. I ask why do you want to eat a diet designed for a 400cc brain ape?

The biggest threat to meat eaters isn't heart disease, but the lack of organically fed animals, and the leaning out of meat to appease the low fat crowd. I had to beg my grocer for meat with FAT still on it. Dammit I'm trying to eat high fat, not high protein. All of the wimpy wimps are so fearful of FAT. I wonder if there is a correlation between a Low Fat diet and low testosterone.

Last edited:

Bronco Billy

Planters Peanuts.....

I am satisfied, but spend a lot of time on the go, and the only food that seems available is high carb garbage. I haven't had the desire to stray, but I've had hundreds of opportunities.

Ketone bodies!!!

Vegetarianism is not the ideal diet or the original diet of modern hominids.

It takes more than foraging like an ape to nourish a 1350cc brain. We spend a greater percentage of our energy intake on feeding our brains, and please don't respond with any info on the brains preferred source of fuel. My nutrition textbook was sold back to the bookstore years ago;) The evolution of ancient hominids into Homo sapiens is due to dietary changes as well as many other factors. Your whole garbage idea that we are supposed to be vegetarians since we don't have shearing teeth like other meat eaters is beyond illogical! We don't have shearing teeth because we have HANDS! Hands that can make tools, tools that can kill prey. Our teeth do not have the same characteristics as past bipedal herbivores. We do not have the large grinding teeth of primitive hominids like the Australopithecus that was a small brained raw vegetation forager. Later Hominids all evolved smaller teeth do to the ability to cook food (raw food diets are idiotic!) and the dependency on an animal flesh diet. There is evidence that suggests that as soon as hominids began eating an animal flesh diet, their brains increased in size while their teeth decreased in size because of not needing to grind raw vegetation. You asked me why would i want to eat a diet that is designed for people with a brain disorder. I ask why do you want to eat a diet designed for a 400cc brain ape?

The biggest threat to meat eaters isn't heart disease, but the lack of organically feed animals, and the leaning out of meat to appease the low fat crowd. I had to beg my grocer for meat with FAT still on it. Dammit I'm trying to eat high fat, not high protein. All of the wimpy wimps are so fearful of FAT. I wonder if there is a correlation between a Low Fat diet and low testosterone.

Buy One Ounce bags of Peanuts at Sams.... 3# for $8.... Easy Carry and Great for Snacks on the Road..... Most of the World eats Different than You so it will Take some Time to Figure out your Meal Schedule... But You eventually Will...... You are Eating the Best Possible Way that Exists for Human Beings....You Must Stay with This Diet or Betray Yourself and Your Destiny..... Have a Great Day with Your New Found Information......:)

Its not that hard to figure out.
It takes more than foraging like an ape to nourish a 1350cc brain.
No it doesn't. All essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients, etc can be easily obtained from a plant food only diet.
We spend a greater percentage of our energy intake on feeding our brains, and please don't respond with any info on the brains preferred source of fuel. My nutrition textbook was sold back to the bookstore years ago;)
You don't want to hear this because its the truth? Do you not accept that the brain prefers glucose as its energy source?
The evolution of ancient hominids into Homo sapiens is due to dietary changes as well as many other factors. Your whole garbage idea that we are supposed to be vegetarians since we don't have shearing teeth like other meat eaters is beyond illogical! We don't have shearing teeth because we have HANDS! Hands that can make tools, tools that can kill prey. Our teeth do not have the same characteristics as past bipedal herbivores. We do not have the large grinding teeth of primitive hominids like the Australopithecus that was a small brained raw vegetation forager.
You don't have molars for grinding? I know I use them all the time...Some people grind them so much it causes dental problems.
Later Hominids all evolved smaller teeth do to the ability to cook food (raw food diets are idiotic!) and the dependency on an animal flesh diet. There is evidence that suggests that as soon as hominids began eating an animal flesh diet, their brains increased in size while their teeth decreased in size because of not needing to grind raw vegetation. You asked me why would i want to eat a diet that is designed for people with a brain disorder. I ask why do you want to eat a diet designed for a 400cc brain ape?
It makes perfect sense that the increase in brain size coincided with the increase in consumption of animal products. In a world where food was scarce(as compared to today), the high density of calories found in animal fat was a way to increase the total number of calories taken in while miniziming the work needed to get food. They could kill an animal and save the meat(and fat) for later. No argument there. Does this mean that a diet based around animal products is the ideal human diet? No. Our ancestors had very short life expectancies(compared to now). They didn't live long enough for diseases like cancer and heart disease to be a major factor. Modern humans don't have to hunt/forage/grow their own food, so we have the ability to literally consume anything we want for our diet. Why constrict ourselves to the diet that our ancestors ate because they had to?
The biggest threat to meat eaters isn't heart disease, but the lack of organically fed animals, and the leaning out of meat to appease the low fat crowd. I had to beg my grocer for meat with FAT still on it. Dammit I'm trying to eat high fat, not high protein.
This makes absolutely no sense. All of the hormones, etc that are given to farm animals are to fatten them up more, not to make them lean. Grain fed animals are much fatter than animals that are grass fed.

All of the wimpy wimps are so fearful of FAT. I wonder if there is a correlation between a Low Fat diet and low testosterone.
Actually quite the opposite.

"Eating meat diminishes sexual performance and masculinity. The male hormone testosterone that determines sexual development and interest has been found to be 13 % higher in vegans (a strict plant diet – no animal products of any kind) than in meat-eaters.18 Meat-eaters are likely to become impotent because of damage caused to the artery system that supplies their penis with the blood that causes an erection.19 Erectile dysfunction is more often seen in men with elevated cholesterol levels20 and high levels of LDL “bad” cholesterol21– both conditions related to habitual meat-eating.

The greatest threat to a man’s virility is from the high levels of environmental chemicals concentrated in modern meats of all kinds. These chemicals interfere with the actions of testosterone. Decreased ejaculate volume, low sperm count, shortened sperm life, poor sperm motility, genetic damage, and infertility result from eating meat with estrogen-like environmental chemicals.22 These chemicals in the meat, eaten by his mother, influence the development of the male fetus, increasing the risk that the baby boy will be born with a smaller penis and testicles, as well as deformity of the penis (hypospadia) and an undescended testicle (cryptorchism). Estimates are 89% to 99% of the chemical intake into our body is from our food, and most of this is from foods high on the food chain – meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.23,24"

from http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/030700pumeatinthehumandiet.htm

Last edited:

Bronco Billy

Zero Carb UpDate....

I thought this thread was locked because it hasn't been on the front page. I owe future a reply, but I'm too lazy.

Are You still on the Zero Carb Diet?..... Did You Lose any Weight?..... Are You Ever Hungary?..... Do You Feel Better Over All on Zero Carbs than Not on It?..... Are You Going to Stay on Zero Carbs?.... Are You Less Horny on Zero Carbs?... Thanks :)

Are You still on the Zero Carb Diet?..... Did You Lose any Weight?..... Are You Ever Hungary?..... Do You Feel Better Over All on Zero Carbs than Not on It?..... Are You Going to Stay on Zero Carbs?.... Are You Less Horny on Zero Carbs?... Thanks :)

Obviously he is...he doesn't even have the energy to type...:)

I'm still trucking along, feeling great, and super horny! So odd that you would mention the H-word! Any explanation for the ultra H-ness? I feel more virile than ever.

I've starting interval/circuit training with a mix of Olympic Lifts and short bursts of anaerobic 'pay-dirtness' on my elliptical:

5 reps of power cleans from the high hang position - then - 60 seconds of all out madness on the elliptical - 30 second break - REPEAT.

Bronco Billy

Rabbits.....

I'm still trucking along, feeling great, and super horny! So odd that you would mention the H-word! Any explanation for the ultra H-ness? I feel more virile than ever.

I've starting interval/circuit training with a mix of Olympic Lifts and short bursts of anaerobic 'pay-dirtness' on my elliptical:

5 reps of power cleans from the high hang position - then - 60 seconds of all out madness on the elliptical - 30 second break - REPEAT.

Stay Off the ScrewDrivers.... The OJ will Kill You..... Future/Past says Grazen Makes Them **** Like Rabbits..... :eek: He's Got Internet Proof Too....

"Grazen"

do you mean grazing? Your unneccesary bolding, capitalization, and terrible(despite being corrected repeatedly) spelling are truly the entertainment of this thread. Keep on posting(or Posten, as you might say.

I'm going off zero carb next week, and will add green leafy vegetables to the mix. I have not had any negative side-effects... not even the nasty C-word... less frequent, yes, but not the nasty C-word. I'm contemplating going for another 4 weeks because I've figured out what, when, and how to eat. My energy level is perfectly balanced and not peaky. My concentration has also improved...

Medium rare beef + leafy vegetable = ideal

0 sugar and 0 grain.

Last edited:
I have not had any negative side-effects... not even the nasty C-word... less frequent, yes, but not the nasty C-word.

less frequent...lol..you've only been on it what a month? don't you see how less frequent turns into constipation after a while? Atkins diet=no fiber=constipation its not really that complicated. Atkins himself said that 70% of his patients on his diet were constipated.

less frequent...lol..you've only been on it what a month? don't you see how less frequent turns into constipation after a while? Atkins diet=no fiber=constipation its not really that complicated. Atkins himself said that 70% of his patients on his diet were constipated.

I've done low fiber-low carb for several months without constipation. You act as if there is not a remedy! According to you, I should be groggy and ready to pass out by now! Stop with all the fear. By less frequent, I mean 3 times a week. Before zero carb I was eating a very high fiber diet, and was an everyday man. My energy level is just crazy! I'm putting myself through grueling sets of Olympic lifts and elliptical sprints, I've started to play soccer again (4 hour matches with friends), and I'm involved in a friendly softball rivalry with some neighborhood folks. GO GO GO... Then there's work.

MEH I'm adding leafy green veggies next month.

3 times a week? it is unreal that you think it is healthy to have bowel movements less than once every two days.

I think the real unanswered question is how has Brian done so far this year with his weight loss goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.