Danny Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he the next super star of golf?
Youngest winner on the Europen Tour winner of the Johnny Walker classic.
Well done danny.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Next.

I have often thought of starting a junior development program.

It would be for Junior Golfers who had talent, but not enough money or access to become the "next Tiger," or as good as they could be.

As far as challenging Tiger, that golfer would have the ability to blow it by Tiger's tee ball.

Be fearless, and have a superior short game.

What would they look like?

Like an in-control Long-Driver with a maximum whip-like aggressive swing.

They would play the courses very aggressively, trying to make plenty off birdies.

Among dozens of other things.

When I saw Danny Lee's swing about a year ago after someone on this forum asked me about his swing, and I YouTubed him, I thought to myself...

Whoa, that's it!

Brian that's a really good idea. You could start the Brian Manzella Jr. Golf academy school, and form it like those tennis schools where the kids live on site. Overaggressive parents would love the idea.

How about aim for Tigers distance, but with 70% accuracy, killer short games, and deadly putting skills. Start the kids off with a long putter using a side saddle motion with binocular vision.

I'll ship my niece to you.

I watched Danny Lee in last two days of US Amateur at Pinehurst last year. Very long hitter and impressive. His golf coach was in the past his mom, who taught golf at driving ranges...looks like she did did a pretty good job.

Rory McIlroy also hits the ball a very long way (he was outhitting everyone he played with in the Dubai event he won).

Now we just need to see if either has or develops a short game in the same league with Tiger and can go on putting streaks where they make almost every putt inside 8 feet for a 4-day tournament.

Last edited:
oh god... I was wondering how long it was going to be, before self found an avatar worthy of his one and only...;)

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Kids are inundated with Character Ed, to the point where kids don't even listen anymore, the First Tee is just an extension of that, as they teach them little about golf.

Find a good jr. teacher and go from there.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
It's time.

Danny Lee's swing is a PURE MA pattern.

Tom Bartlett and I have studied every golf swing worth studying. Including Mike Austin.

Tom and I played in an exhibition with Art Sellinger in 1987, and he is one of the longest of all-time.

I saw John Daly live and way up close in 1989 in the PGA Tour School as he was pared with David Toms and I was teaching & caddying for DT as well back then. Trust me, Daly got shorter on Tour.

But, Tom Bartlett and I got to watch Jamie Sadlowski at the PGA Demo day, as well as seeing the current world-record holder in another booth.

All I can say is this:

Mike Austin vs. Jamie Sadlowski?

No contest.

Jamie would win easy.

We should be studying this kid's swing.

He is Mike Finney's size.

I was out at the Johnnie Walker yesterday watching Danny Lee.

Unbelievable how composed he was and was attacking all the way, no holding back or playing safe. His ballflight was long and dead straight all day.

The Vines is tough if you hit it off the fairway (as evidenced by a couple of players like Norman and Westwood taking 9's on par 5's which are reachable in 2). Lee was just putting it in the middle of the fairway all day.

oh god... I was wondering how long it was going to be, before self found an avatar worthy of his one and only...;)

More LO-CHO

lorena-ochoa9.jpg

Guitar Hero

All I can say is this:

Mike Austin vs. Jamie Sadlowski?

No contest.

Jamie would win easy.

Come on get real. You must be joking with that option.

You never witnessed the power Mike had and how long he could hit it. I did and worked with Mike from 1981 to 1996. I have seen him hit many 1 iron shots in clinics at age 71 over 325 yards and drives as long as 380.

I don’t know why you are so negative when it comes to Mike’s swing. Mike was one of the best at long driving ever and does have a 515 yard drive in a tournament on record. When Jamie beats that record than he will have hit it longer. Jamie is long but he will never hit it 515.

September 25, 1974, at the U.S. National Seniors Open Championship in Las Vegas. Goosed by his playing partner, 1950 PGA champion Chandler Harper, to "really let one go," Austin, then sixty-four, unleashed all hell on the ball, sending it 515 yards before it finally came to rest—sixty-five yards beyond the flagstick on the par-four fifth hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.