BOMBSHELL: New Research from the Manzella Labs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a guy with a more upright plane have a longer "flat spot" as Jack Nicklaus said in his book?

As for causes and effects I would guess a guy with a big weight shift would have a bigger flat spot than a guy who leans left on the whole swing. I would say any independent movement from the body versus the arms and club would have an effect on the size of the flat spot.

transfer

Transferring balance and axis from the rear leg to the front leg results in a flat spot...time it so that it occurs in the impact zone.

My guess

I would think that increasing axis tilt (moving the centre (yeah, I spelled "centre" that way...) point between the hips towards the target) on the downswing would have something to do with it.

I'm thinking about a large move like Tiger's squat, and the release of his shoulders' centre point upwards while his club is moving downwards...this would seem to help create a flat spot.

Just a couple pre-breakfast ideas. This will be a very interesting thread. It always seem too simple and convenient that the swing arc would be a circle - there are too many moving parts. I am eagerly looking forward to all this info to be out.

By the way, Brian, are many guys still donating money towards your house-rebuild fund for all this great, free information?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Credit Where Credit is Due.

Robert Grober TOLD ME this "flat/straight" shot could exist back at the first MIT Summit.

So has Mandrin.

I just think I have figured out a lot of the how.

I can't wait for more info! Thanks again for pushing the envelope on research, and providing more for us than "pop" instruction.

Will a video be coming soon?

Just a guess...

"How" must have to DO with pivot.

A fairly shot in the dark, ballpark, general, surely not specific enough answer:

Pivot opening enough while tilting so the armswing is swinging left enough while releasing.

Could you post a ultra slow motion video showing the flat spot, or a series of pictures from a camera with a high shutter speed, I don't doubt the idea of a long flat spot, when I make a slow motion swing it always seems to be very striaght through impact.

Last edited:

greenfree

Banned
Less jump up, longer run through, smoother pivot/less twisting. Left knee buckle. Wide, narrow, wide/Extend, pull in , extend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.