BOMBSHELL: New Research from the Manzella Labs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpro

New
I have no idea what some of the posts above are talking about.

These are the facts:

1. Folks talked about "flat spots" forever. My 1988 Teaching Summit reference shows I know this to be the case.

2. Good players talked about hitting the back of the ball with a square face to hit it straight for 99 years. TGM folks told them they had it wrong. I was one of them. Not anymore. The D-Plane proves this part of the puzzle to be correct.

3. TGM talks about "hinge action" — the clubface acting like a swinging door, and attic door, or a pitched roof hatch. The answer is "None of the Above."

4. Every decent player who doesn't do something really crazy down by the ball does the "dent in the hula hoop."

5. Through the ball—a few inches before and a couple after—EVERYONE WHO CAN HOT A SHOT has very little clubface motion.

What it is, is this:

The clubhead gets on a mini-curve with very little open clubface, and then the club gets nearly on a straight line with a square face, and it pretty much looks like a putt from there.

The following swing is a 9-hanidcapper. I have plenty of these, and I will post a few of them up in the next 24 hours. I have Kevin Shields, David Toms, Lindsay Gahm, and others.

Here is the 9 handicapper:

The swing was a "zero path" (+/= 0.8° from 0.0) and "zero face" (+/= 0.8° from 0.0) and a very slightly heel strike.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16245294?portrait=0" width="640" height="160" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That's exactly what I stated in my post #88 before I got shot down LOL
This is exactly why Kaymer can't hit a draw and shouldn't have tried ... in trying to hit a draw he changed his swing plane and now catches the inside portion of the ball, BYE BYE straight shot, his ultimate strong suite.

Brian, you are on the right track...PERIOD nice going.

The OldPro knows

2. Good players talked about hitting the back of the ball with a square face to hit it straight for 99 years. TGM folks told them they had it wrong. I was one of them. Not anymore. The D-Plane proves this part of the puzzle to be correct.

Could someone explain this statement for me?

the back of the ball, not the "inside aft"

dbl

New
Brian:2. Good players talked about hitting the back of the ball with a square face to hit it straight for 99 years. TGM folks told them they had it wrong. I was one of them. Not anymore. The D-Plane proves this part of the puzzle to be correct.

Could someone explain this statement for me?

Notice Brian (and the 99 year wisdom) only mention face and where to impact. Those statements do not reference the plane line, which for irons (and a downward strike) would be to the left, so that the path of the force is straight.

This is what I expected all along. Everyone who is any good at golf does it already (flat spot, straight spot) right?

bcoak

New
Weird thought/Image. If you think of the swing "circle" created with something somewhat flexible like a tube and that tube is resting on the ground (to support it) you would get a long flat spot where it rests on the ground.

lia41985

The clubhead gets on a mini-curve with very little open clubface, and then the club gets nearly on a straight line with a square face, and it pretty much looks like a putt from there.
Is that compatible with what James Leitz wrote here?:
Although none of my videos show the clubface rotating. My D-plane model does have an adjustable clubface alignment. Also, my 3D research does show that clubface rotation is between 2100 and 2400 degrees per second at impact, and the upper torso is rotating about 400 to 600 degrees per second. So the clubface closure rate does not match the torso closing rate. The club head is rotating closed much faster than the upper torso. Based on 3D research completed by Titleist, none of the players tested swing the clubface perpendicular to the path at all times. This measurement was made on 34 of the top 100 PGA TOUR players. Also, there are different successful rotation rates among top PGA TOUR players. So it is the consistency of one’s rate that returns the clubface square at impact and that determines one’s success or lack thereof.

I have no idea what some of the posts above are talking about.

These are the facts:

1. Folks talked about "flat spots" forever. My 1988 Teaching Summit reference shows I know this to be the case.

3. TGM talks about "hinge action" — the clubface acting like a swinging door, and attic door, or a pitched roof hatch. The answer is "None of the Above."

4. Every decent player who doesn't do something really crazy down by the ball does the "dent in the hula hoop."

5. Through the ball—a few inches before and a couple after—EVERYONE WHO CAN HOT A SHOT has very little clubface motion.

What it is, is this:

The following swing is a 9-hanidcapper. I have plenty of these, and I will post a few of them up in the next 24 hours. I have Kevin Shields, David Toms, Lindsay Gahm, and others.

Here is the 9 handicapper:

The swing was a "zero path" (+/= 0.8° from 0.0) and "zero face" (+/= 0.8° from 0.0) and a very slightly heel strike.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16245294?portrait=0" width="640" height="160" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Ok, but I'm still confused. I'm assuming the camera is 90 degrees, ie, straight down. If the camera was rotated toward the golfer so that it was looking down the plane (let's call it 60 degrees with a middle iron), wouldn't there appear to be a bigger dent in the hula-hoop? And, visa versa, if you rotated the camera away from the golfer, to 150 degrees (perpendicular to the plane) wouldn't there appear to be little or no dent in the hoola-hoop?

Can someone clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.