Sergio Garcia & The Tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be like asking Stevie Wonder to pick out your outfit but.....

It's not that confusing, unless I'm wrong, then it's confusing.;)

If you have a more outward hand path, where the clubhead is more or less inside the hands coming into impact you'll need to down arch the wrist or hold the twistaway to turn the sweetspot off the plane towards the ball. If you have a more verticle hand path, where the clubhead will be more outside the hands coming into impact, the downarch may not be needed(if you tumble correctly teeter totter style).

I can't comprehend much more than that, so I hope I'm somewhat correct and it helps you guys out a bit.

This thread is EPIC.

What happens if you aim everything a bit left and use your normal golf course swing?

thats what I was doing with this move, straight pull and then some hook on a few.

The move (sure feels like a tumble move described in this thread) closes the face from its open-flipped position that is customary. Contact was very very good, compressed.

If you have a more outward hand path, where the clubhead is more or less inside the hands coming into impact you'll need to down arch the wrist or hold the twistaway to turn the sweetspot off the plane towards the ball. If you have a more verticle hand path, where the clubhead will be more outside the hands coming into impact, the downarch may not be needed(if you tumble correctly teeter totter style).

I can't comprehend much more than that, so I hope I'm somewhat correct and it helps you guys out a bit.

This thread is EPIC.

I like the way you described it, I guess if someone demonstrated the different moves it would be clearer to me.

I do think there is some merit because if you are underplane and get the hosel lagging something needs to get the sweetspot to turn down.

footwedge

thats what I was doing with this move, straight pull and then some hook on a few.

The move (sure feels like a tumble move described in this thread) closes the face from its open-flipped position that is customary. Contact was very very good, compressed.

Trackman.

ej20

New
I wouldn't be doing the tumble unless you understand it very well and you can relate feel with real.If you try to tumble you are going to come way OTT.Garcia doesn't tumble until very late in the downswing.In fact,I think he tries to do the opposite of tumbling.He is doing the utmost to lay the club off and the tumble just happens instinctively because that is only way you can hit the ball from a laid off position.

Garcia has a downward hand path to start his downswing but he maintains the laid off position almost until he releases the club.Downward hand path does not always equal tumble.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

This thread is EPIC.

You dont need to understand much more than this.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I wouldn't be doing the tumble unless you understand it very well and you can relate feel with real.If you try to tumble you are going to come way OTT.Garcia doesn't tumble until very late in the downswing.In fact,I think he tries to do the opposite of tumbling.He is doing the utmost to lay the club off and the tumble just happens instinctively because that is only way you can hit the ball from a laid off position.

Garcia has a downward hand path to start his downswing but he maintains the laid off position almost until he releases the club.Downward hand path does not always equal tumble.

It does if you dont want to miss the ball

It does if you dont want to miss the ball

Great. Thx everyone.

I tried tumbling the wedges with great success. I usually don't hit very crisp wedges so this was nice. I moved to the 7 iron and it was gone. Couldn't get the same tumble action. It's a shame b/c it was so effortless with the wedges.
I guess down-arching it is??? :confused:

Great. Thx everyone.

I tried tumbling the wedges with great success. I usually don't hit very crisp wedges so this was nice. I moved to the 7 iron and it was gone. Couldn't get the same tumble action. It's a shame b/c it was so effortless with the wedges.
I guess down-arching it is??? :confused:

The tendency can be to get a bit horizontal with the hand path as you move from the shorter clubs down to the driver. Do not give up! Keep after it. Keep your left shoulder lower and back turned longer in the transition. Keep those hands from moving out in the transition.

oldpro

New
The tendency can be to get a bit horizontal with the hand path as you move from the shorter clubs down to the driver. Do not give up! Keep after it. Keep your left shoulder lower and back turned longer in the transition. Keep those hands from moving out in the transition.

You one smart cookie there Lindsey.

Does "keeping the left shoulder and back and turned longer in transition" equate to NOT tilting too early in the downswing? Is early tilt a death move for BPS???

I like! Tumble is great for those who need it, but I suspect not very many club golfers really swing it like Serge..

Status
Not open for further replies.