Trackman Newsletter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lift,

What do you think would happen, does happen, when a swing gets posted on this forum? It doesn't matter if it's a tour winner or a top am, the swing is deconstructed by someone who couldn't be less qualified to do so. Nothing is ever discussed other than how poor that swing is, and how many micro moves it's missing. Swings that can give many folks 6 a side are crapped on because they don't look like the love child of Bubba and Gainey.

No one really serious about tournament golf is interested in dealing with the noise. I'm all for posting LM data and 3D data as those are the cold hard facts about the swing - what the body is doing, what the club is doing, and most importantly, what the ball is doing. If we want to really talk about good swings and bad swings, lets start with kinematic sequences and launch numbers.

Lift,

What do you think would happen, does happen, when a swing gets posted on this forum? It doesn't matter if it's a tour winner or a top am, the swing is deconstructed by someone who couldn't be less qualified to do so. Nothing is ever discussed other than how poor that swing is, and how many micro moves it's missing. Swings that can give many folks 6 a side are crapped on because they don't look like the love child of Bubba and Gainey.

No one really serious about tournament golf is interested in dealing with the noise. I'm all for posting LM data and 3D data as those are the cold hard facts about the swing - what the body is doing, what the club is doing, and most importantly, what the ball is doing. If we want to really talk about good swings and bad swings, lets start with kinematic sequences and launch numbers.

Great point. What the hell was I thinking? No logic whatsoever. I must have been out of my mind. Thanks for setting me straight! :)

Has anyone ever witnessed a tour player ask for a public Internet lesson? Beginners make sense. Otherwise, poster beware.

There's a reason stars don't allow the poparazzi in their house. Some things are person. Protect your mind!

Who is Jeffy? Why would anyone be afraid to post there swing? Its a forum. Its just talk. Here is mine. Feel free to kill it.

Ryan, here is my quick armchair verdict on your swing: Stack & Tilt Plus.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_54f7CVU08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You get your hips and shoulders substantially ahead of the ball at impact. Plus, you lower your body into the ground during the downswing, which I imagine creates a lot more power. Reminds me of my swing in a lot of ways. Seems like a very effective way to consistently hit fairways and greens.

Who is Jeffy? Why would anyone be afraid to post there swing? Its a forum. Its just talk. Here is mine. Feel free to kill it.

No one. It's not about being afraid, it's more about why.

Hey, is this your K-Vest video? I'd much rather talk about this.

No this is not my swing. Have to watch out for this kid. Toughest mental player to come up since tiger IMO. Without a mishap early in round one last week at lacosta he would have been in the mix. But he is a fighter.

Yes very poweful and effective. However the putter is not so friendly. Lots of interest lately in hip rotational speeds. My Peak hip speed rarely reaches 400 and i swing driver around 120 mph and can hit 125-130 if wanted. As you can see i have used zenolink. I also have amm/kvest. I teach full time and have experimented with many swings. This has been the most consistent over the last couple years. I enjoy tinkering and dont mind rebuilding just for the fun of it. This was the swing i grew up with long before S&T came about. Many top teachers changed it.

The swing is a means to an end. If you are posting good scores, then why care to see the swing? It must work well enough, right? Nobody has ever been beaten by someone with a strange looking move? Those are the guys to watch out for. The ones who don't give a rat's ass how it looks and only care about putting circles around their score numbers.

The amateur Internet pros will never understand the post above. This game is about execution under pressure. What can one do under pressure? You don't get the answer by hitting balls on the range all day long (which they don't even do) or hoping a micro move will change everything.

Last edited:

Erik_K

New
The amateur Internet pros will never understand the post above. This game is about execution under pressure. What can one do under pressure? You don't get the answer by hitting balls on the range all day long.

If, 5-6 years ago, I decided to work on developing a FUNCTIONAL swing instead of one that looks "nice" on video, I'd be in the single digits by now. Damon Lucas warned me as much many moons ago...I should have paid more attention.

It's possible to have a smooth as silk looking swing and not break 100 with any regularity.

Alas, we are obsessed with pretty looking spreads of swing sequences, lag, huge divots, and who doesn't want to know how far the Tour Pro's drive went after he tees off?

If you start this game after 21 years of age you should search for a functional swing IMO. You won't have the time or bio mechanical awareness to swing like the pros.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
The amateur Internet pros will never understand the post above. This game is about execution under pressure. What can one do under pressure? You don't get the answer by hitting balls on the range all day long (which they don't even do) or hoping a micro move will change everything.

The Internet is wearing me out. I've never seen so many thirty something Internet stars with all these these certifications and book knowledge.

Good swing. Don't list to people on the internet about swing changes unless you've had a lesson from such person in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.