TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site provides direct, free access to one of the top teachers in the game, recognized as such by his peers, not the internet masses. And despite the opportunity to learn more about the game, the majority of the posts since the site was redone is either an attempt to argue with Brian about his research and conclusions or harp on Tiger Woods being ruined by Chris Como. In the ten years I have visited this site, my game has improved significantly, although a lot of that is from two personal lessons with Brian. I like how he does not back away from the argument, but it seems like there is nothing to actually learn on this site anymore. Brian spends a ton of time defending things he does not need to defend. JohnMerrick has every right to espouse his opinions, but he has not identified one single thing Como has taught that is wrong or has ruined Tiger. No info at all, just opinion designed to make the point he wants to make. This site used to be a great place to learn the golf swing, I do not know why Brian does this anymore, he is too good for these type of discussions. We are wasting his time on a lot of this crap.

I think its because we dont see what they are working on, the only thing we see is the high finishes and block/slice drives, shank chips etc. He has some good rounds but he is Tiger woods. He could get good rounds with a pool stick left handed. If you are the instructor of Tiger and his short game goes to a 20 capper level and your blocking your drives 100 yards right, it comes with the territory. Im glad hes turned his short game around to some extent

Brian instead of continuing to reply to "johnmerrick" who is obviously just causing trouble (probably from Jeffy's forum) why don't you answer the above question? Do you think Tiger over rotates his left forearm? And if he does what could this possibly cause?

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks with Richard Franklin!

Been really wondering why some individuals make sure to actively attack Brian and find time to keep on doing it.

What's the beef with these guys, Brian bolting out of TGM?

grus

New
Brian thanks for the updates and the info you provided about tigers swing. IMO, his swing is starting to look really good and I wouldn't be surprised if he contented this week. Chris is doing an excellent job and should see the fruits of his labor really soon.

Brian were you surprised Notah Begay said that this is Tiger's ship and he's going to do what he's going to do what he wants to do and so it's unfair to put much of the responsibility on Chris Como?

EVERY TOUR PLAYER is the "captain of the ship" if the money is in the bank.

Sure, I guess my point was similar to what I've made earlier in this thread, how much of Tiger's golf swing is actually based on Chris's ideas? The way he uses his body to maximize GRFs, mechanics through impact to create a 3D flatspot maybe, but the way his arms and clubshaft are working just looks like a return to Hank Haney's swing with a bit of a better grip and not as laid off.

Sure, I guess my point was similar to what I've made earlier in this thread, how much of Tiger's golf swing is actually based on Chris's ideas? The way he uses his body to maximize GRFs, mechanics through impact to create a 3D flatspot maybe, but the way his arms and clubshaft are working just looks like a return to Hank Haney's swing with a bit of a better grip and not as laid off.
What's the better grip and why is it better?

well, well ,well, tiger woods tied for 110th right now.... yeah como is safe no worries there.

there is no way como at this point is telling tiger anything new he must just be repeating himself.

so tiger has to ask himself keep como or let him go? i say let him go get another guy to put the icing on the cake.

does anybody believe tiger couldn't have gotten this far without chris como.

maybe tiger should keep him on as a consultant for real this time. but as a full time coach....forget it.

Tiger is on the right track. We seem to forget the fact that he spends more time with his kids who aren't living with him. Almost all of his co-PGA Tour players, especially the highly ranked practices everyday and go home to their kids. Despite this "handicap" of Tiger, he gets some really good rounds (Quicken Loans). And then there's the new pattern. IMO Foley is really bad. That's SnT with a mix of lots of manipulation to satisfy equipment numbers. That's really bad. That makes you develop bad handsy manipulation habits.

And then there's wear and tear...age and surgeries, mental stress from scandals, divorce, away from young kids, and crabs...Tiger is actually doing pretty good in my book considering all these...

Last edited:

ZAP

New
well, well ,well, tiger woods tied for 110th right now.... yeah como is safe no worries there.

there is no way como at this point is telling tiger anything new he must just be repeating himself.

so tiger has to ask himself keep como or let him go? i say let him go get another guy to put the icing on the cake.

does anybody believe tiger couldn't have gotten this far without chris como.

maybe tiger should keep him on as a consultant for real this time. but as a full time coach....forget it.

Maybe he will call me........but I doubt it.

Tiger is on the right track. We seem to forget the fact that he spends more time with his kids who aren't living with him. Almost all of his co-PGA Tour players, especially the highly ranked practices everyday and go home to their kids. Despite this "handicap" of Tiger, he gets some really good rounds (Quicken Loans). And then there's the new pattern. IMO Foley is really bad. That's SnT with a mix of lots of manipulation to satisfy equipment numbers. That's really bad. That makes you develop bad handsy manipulation habits.

And then there's wear and tear...age and surgeries, mental stress from scandals, divorce, away from young kids, and crabs...Tiger is actually doing pretty good in my book considering all these...

tiger is on the right track. the question is who put him on that track? como? i doubt it. tiger put himself on the right track.como can't help tiger anymore. tiger needs to refine his swing a little more and i think a fresh pair of eyes will do that for him so he can compete next year. you can't honestly believe como 8-9 months into working with tiger is telling tiger something new? lol.

after the pga como is gone.

Foley isn't bad, just didn't work with tiger for some reason. Look at hunter and Justin, some of best swings on tour

Btw saw a iron swing on range in slow mo from pga, it looked spectacular lines wise. Dipped a little much but it was a spot on swing

He's just trying to be too long off the tee which is throwing him off, back surgery older, can't do that. Como is safe for awhile, tiger needs to learn he can't try to smash it 300 plus

Last edited:
Yup, wear and tear. We seem to forget that golf is a huge chunk mental aspect. Tiger has lots of that affected. Starting with his father's passing away (RIP)...

say what you want about butch and steve williams - i love neither- but they would get in tiger's face and tell him somethings he may not want to hear. that's what tiger needs.who is filling that void? como?
joe? notay? i think not. brian said no one talks about how much tiger and como get along.... tiger doesn't need a buddy he needs a coach that will get in his face and say dial it down with the drive and see what happens.

como is gone.

say what you want about butch and steve williams - i love neither- but they would get in tiger's face and tell him somethings he may not want to hear. that's what tiger needs.who is filling that void? como?
joe? notay? i think not. brian said no one talks about how much tiger and como get along.... tiger doesn't need a buddy he needs a coach that will get in his face and say dial it down with the drive and see what happens.

como is gone.
Who do you think should teach him?

Status
Not open for further replies.