A controversial subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by Turfspanker

Not what I said.
Ed, you have read the book, you know what I am saying.

Spanker

;) touche` Spanker

Corky - I'm happy you think you have proven something. Good for you!

You keep insisting I must be wrong, assuming that my view is somehow not scientific, or that I am 'hiding', now that's interesting. What have I 'hidden' behind? Why is my 'science' incorrect?

Your inability, or unwillingness, to understand my position does not make my view incorrect, but I see that you assume that it does. Your inability to defend YOUR position with anything other than "I'm right and your wrong", while amusing, doesn't mean you have defended your view.

As for your example of setup with a driver you only further provide evidence that you haven't understood me.

Look at the pictures of Tiger.

Do you agree that is a good swing?

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by armourall

Ed,

How, in your opinion, does 2-K need to be reworded to make it correct?

A good question. I appreciate that Homer was very intentional in his choices of wording throughout the book. I think it is fair to say you understand the gist of my perspective. I will need to think on the exact wording I would use.

I would certainly alter the pictures label of the handle, although there may be value in adding an additional picture because it IS important that both the current and revised views are understood, and the differences between them (as the 'generation' of force and the 'force itself')

No, Ed! Your position is incorrect because what you say is happening is inconsistant with what really is happening. The pictures don't lie. I havn't anything to defend. The onus is on you. The established idea prevails until you can dissuade us. You've only reinforced why Homer was correct. You are your own worst enemy. You dig the hole deeper and deeper. "tempest venturi" ball socket in the sternum!

(Ed Quote)
Your inability, or unwillingness, to understand my position does not make my view incorrect, but I see that you assume that it does. Your inability to defend YOUR position with anything other than "I'm right and your wrong", while amusing, doesn't mean you have defended your view.(End Quote)

bcoak

New
"because it IS important that both the current and revised views are understood,"

Ed, no it's not because the revised view (YOUR view) has not been accepted. You are stating it like it is a fact that your view is correct and needs to be incorporated.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by corky05

Using the pictures provided it was impossible to reconcile the quote below , however it supported the norm.
(ed quote)
Lag ceases to exist in my view, at both arms straight. That is lag 'pressure'. You must maintain lag until that point in a good swing. At impact the 'whip' motion is IN THE HANDS (see Hogan p 102, and the pic I posted of him). You must 'straighten the rope' at both arms straight. Send the FORCE to both arms straight. Both arms straight is ALWAYS in front of the ball, it is always at 90 degrees to the shoulder line. The angle of the shoulder line can and will vary based on ball position, club length and desired impact hand location.(End quote)

I'm glad you agree, it does support the norm -it also EXPLAINS WHY both arms straight is so critical, why center vs forward ball position alters axis tilt and right wrist bend the way it does, why you can hit AND swing and answers the question of 'where' you are driving down plane - to both arms straight, and WHY that is where it is.

Perhaps you have missed the several times I have said that nothing in my view is in disagreement with the impact positions of TGM? That it EXPLAINS WHY they are what they are, more fully, than the current view.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by bcoak

"because it IS important that both the current and revised views are understood,"

Ed, no it's not because the revised view (YOUR view) has not been accepted. You are stating it like it is a fact that your view is correct and needs to be incorporated.

I was responding to a question about how I would alter it. You disagree that it needs to be altered. OK.

EdZ

New

No, Ed! Your position is incorrect because what you say is happening is inconsistant with what really is happening. The pictures don't lie. I havn't anything to defend. The onus is on you. The established idea prevails until you can dissuade us. You've only reinforced why Homer was correct. You are your own worst enemy. You dig the hole deeper and deeper. "tempest venturi" ball socket in the sternum!

(Ed Quote)
Your inability, or unwillingness, to understand my position does not make my view incorrect, but I see that you assume that it does. Your inability to defend YOUR position with anything other than "I'm right and your wrong", while amusing, doesn't mean you have defended your view.(End Quote)

Fine Corky - you win. You must be correct. Have a cookie.

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

quote:Originally posted by njmp2

Ed, people who understand your feeble position CAN disagree with it. Why do you always insist people that disagree fail to understand it. Is that how you live on Mount Olympus with the other misundertstood and infallible gods? Time for a reality check Edward

And yet you continue to attack ME with comments like this, rather than defend your position.

I happen to agree with Mr. Kelly, Yoda and others. I understand and see your position and it is close to laughable. The fact you can not seem to get past the fact that you are wrong is pathetic. A long armed ape couldn't have a fixed circle as you discribe.

EdZ

New

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Ed, people who understand your feeble position CAN disagree with it. Why do you always insist people that disagree fail to understand it. Is that how you live on Mount Olympus with the other misundertstood and infallible gods? Time for a reality check Edward

And yet you continue to attack ME with comments like this, rather than defend your position.

I happen to agree with Mr. Kelly, Yoda and others. I understand and see your position and it is close to laughable. The fact you can not seem to get past the fact that you are wrong is pathetic. A long armed ape couldn't have a fixed circle as you discribe.

you seem stuck in the assumption that my swing/impact position is somehow different than that of Homer in APPEARANCE.

Again, what I describe EXPLAINS MORE fully what Homer presented.

EdZ

New
njmp - answer this question:

Why, and how is axis tilt relative to ball position and right wrist bend?

njmp2, His idea doesn't explain more fully. His idea is flawed and doesn't do want he thinks it does. The pics proved that! He is ambiguous and inaccurate. I don't even respond to him anymore, because every topic on the forum has him in the same role as nay sayer. Unfortunately he opens up a can of worms and the original poster never gets the help he is looking for. Its very rude and its quickly become a nuisance.
He wants so much to be like the handful of guys on here that we admire and he thinks by challenging them it might elevate his status. Its backfired terribly. Its exposed how he is unable to articulate his thoughts and how poor his command of physics and science really is.
I talked to quite a few posters last night via e-mail. They are fed up. He has already addressed me this morning in a post. But, I'll not interact with him. It was good talking to you the other night and don't forget our $50 Nassau. LOL!

EdZ

New
I'm sorry you fail to understand Corky. That doesn't give you the right to attack me, or my reputation here, or anywhere else. You are entitled to your opinion, but it is just that.

My last question to you corky - the same one I posed to njmp. And the same one I have asked since the begining, which has not been answered. Lynn/Brian, I would like to know your answers to that question, specifically the 'why'.

You're the one that failed! The onus was on you. And you were unable to articulate , as usual.
I thought I made it clear, I have no desire to interact with you. You conceded your point was invalid yesterday and now that you've had a good nights sleep you're ready to reengage. You are a joke!
No Thank You, Don Quixote!

EdZ

New
A nice example of both arms straight. This is the 'in line' position of the revised 2K I am taking about. If the clubhead were to pass the 'center line' before this point, I would consider that throw away.

Corky - are you unable to answer my question?

bcoak, Throw away has an effect on the performance of your shot, right? It does pass the center line before this point. Just not on a half wedge. Don Quixote's model isn't universal. It doesn't apply from Driver to SW. Its not an axiom or you would see it on page 183 of Nov. Golf Digest and you would see it on the cover of that same edition.
Don is saying, throw away can be a post separation phenomena. Impossible! You can't effect the ball once its separated from the face of the club. Impossible!

Dear, Mr. Quixote

You're the one that failed! The onus was on you. And you were unable to articulate , as usual.
I thought I made it clear, I have no desire to interact with you. You conceded your point was invalid yesterday and now that you've had a good nights sleep you're ready to reengage. You are a joke!
No Thank You, Don Quixote!

Hope you feel better? Love, Corky

Status
Not open for further replies.