All you picture looking golf swing THEORISTS...come in to my office...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^LOL...that's why I only pay attention to what the instructors here say with regards to the golf swing. No offense to the rest of you. ;)

Last edited:
I honestly can't tell the difference unless I have more information about what happened further in the thru swing. I would love to know the Trackman changes in attack angle, club path, dynamic loft and spin loft. Would be very interesting.

S

SteveT

More like swimming....

And you have a clue!

Imagine some guy who isn't even a pro thinking he can look at HAND PICKED/SPOON FED pics of golfers and GUESS any real important stuff.

NUMSKULL!!!!

HEY... The game is tilted ... show us the kinematics and I'll give you the kinetics ... pics are deceiving and you know it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I honestly can't tell the difference unless I have more information about what happened further in the thru swing. I would love to know the Trackman changes in attack angle, club path, dynamic loft and spin loft. Would be very interesting.

Really?

You mean you can't tell LOOKING AT FRIGGIN' PICTURES TAKEN WITH A DAMN CASIO CAMERA???

Really?

really?

REALLY really??

YA sure?

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

S

SteveT

Pictorially there are no significant differences, other than the loss of the glove.

What about the change from a weak grip to a stronger grip... or is that just an illusion??

Looks like you worked at having him use less of his body rotating in the finish. More hands arms to line up the club instead (in top photo). Also the second photo in the top has less of an open club face than the bottom does meaning he doesn't have to use his gamma as much in the release. Making him more accurate.

Close?

Last edited:
Just looks like less swivel. Right hand is much more under the shaft post impact and the face looks much more square.

S

SteveT

Well, he looks like his spine may be more erect... but without a DTL view can't really confirm that.

S

SteveT

Should everyone allow their right wrist to go from bent to arch in the release phase? Should everyone go "completely normal" through impact? Should everyone slow their body down on the downswing and allow the arms to close the gap?

Ah.......no.

Just like not everyone should "zero out" and not everyone should aim left to do it. The customized golf swing is alive and well, and that includes the release phase of the swing.

?????!!!!!!!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Should everyone allow their right wrist to go from bent to arch in the release phase? Should everyone go "completely normal" through impact? Should everyone slow their body down on the downswing and allow the arms to close the gap?

Ah.......no.

Just like not everyone should "zero out" and not everyone should aim left to do it. The customized golf swing is alive and well, and that includes the release phase of the swing.

?????!!!!!!!

Please guess, and don't quote me back to myself.

I'll guess: Hands more ahead in picture 3 without the glove. That implies more handle dragging. I'll guess he's hitting a 7 iron. A little more cup in the left hand at impact in picture 4 with the glove. What you worked on? No clue. So many variables. I can't tell attack angle with a picture or the naked eye and would need to see more or Trackman numbers. (I'm not a pro!!!!).

Brian -

How about some Trackman numbers just to tease us???

66er

New
Ulnar deviation when gripping......going normal......? I have no clue, but your point is definitely made, the pics are identical.

S

SteveT

Hmmmm ... lots of good guesses. Wonder what the final answer will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.