Austin Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Sh8t. I can't believe I just read this whole post. I don't see what all the hype about Mike is. The REAL star is his brother Stone Cold Steve.

How many major tournaments did he win? He sounds like a great athlete who could bang the ball well on a driving range. This has become my biggest question about golf websites. Why are we so attracted to golfers like Moe Norman and Mike Austin when neither won any major tournament? Not a criticism mind you, a question. I know they both had reasons why they did not compete on tour... But practically speaking why not try to swing like Hale Irwin, who won three US opens, Or Jack Nicklaus for that matter? Golfers love unicorns.

greenfree

Banned
How many major tournaments did he win? He sounds like a great athlete who could bang the ball well on a driving range. This has become my biggest question about golf websites. Why are we so attracted to golfers like Moe Norman and Mike Austin when neither won any major tournament? Not a criticism mind you, a question. I know they both had reasons why they did not compete on tour... But practically speaking why not try to swing like Hale Irwin, who won three US opens, Or Jack Nicklaus for that matter? Golfers love unicorns.

The answer is simple, people like to hit the ball solid every time and they can't accept mistakes ,they play golfswing while trying to play golf.

Playing tournament golf for a score is not the same as trying to perfect your swing, doing the latter while playing for score is usually a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.