Clearing my hips

Status
Not open for further replies.

footwedge

You don't think nobody ever really successfully copied it because it didn't *look* as cool as someone like, say, Snead? Doesn't everyone secretly want to look like Snead when they swing a club? I mean it sure as hell looks a lot better than addressing the ball like a urinal.

Ouch! That's just plain nasty, but funny.

ej20

New
If Dariusz was smart he could say... that just proves how great he was. C' mon EJ, your making it too easy for Dariusz. ..lol.
Not trying to piss Dariusz off but it's true in my opinion.

Due to Hogan's reputation as a ballstriker,there are countless numbers of golfers who try to copy his action.How many have tried to copy Nicklauses?The ratio is probably 100000 to 1.

How many of those countless numbers who study Hogan with a microscope ever even get remotely close to his swing.I can count the number on one hand or less.

Hogan's swing MIGHT be "biokintetically" superior for ballstriking but it's "biokinetically" difficult to perform.How's that for a theory?lol

footwedge

Not trying to piss Dariusz off but it's true in my opinion.

Due to Hogan's reputation as a ballstriker,there are countless numbers of golfers who try to copy his action.How many have tried to copy Nicklauses?The ratio is probably 100000 to 1.

How many of those countless numbers who study Hogan with a microscope ever even get remotely close to his swing.I can count the number on one hand or less.

Hogan's swing MIGHT be "biokintetically" superior for ballstriking but it's "biokinetically" difficult to perform.How's that for a theory?lol

Your not trying? loved to see when you are trying. I like your theory, when's the book coming out.:) E book would be nice, in your case EJ book.:D Count me in for a few copies.

ej20

New
Your not trying? loved to see when you are trying. I like your theory, when's the book coming out.:) E book would be nice, in your case EJ book.:D Count me in for a few copies.

I'm working on it but it might be another 28 years before I am satisfied enough with it to publish it.lol

The fact is there is no one way to do it.There is no perfect swing,only perfect swings.

Here is video by Malcom Gladwell which I think has more relevance to golf than his other video about bombsights posted in another thread.

That one-iron to the 72nd hole at the 1967 US Open may have been the best "full shot" ever. It was uphill, 238 yards, into a slight wind, with a crappy MacGregor Tourney ball, at a time when his average drive was 275 yards.

And it was his THIRD shot on the hole. Won by 4 though with 65 on Sunday. Only he and Palmer broke par. That was the first year I ever saw Jack play live. Couldn't believe he hit long irons that high. The 4th hole par 3 I thought he popped it up in the water. It landed 8 feet from the hole. Hit the ball with "the kick of a mule" Herb Wind said once...

Not true. Deane Beman followed Nicklaus and Hogan during the final 36 at Cherry Hills in the 1960 US Open and said that Hogan was captivated by the 20 year-old Nicklaus. Beman said he never saw Hogan pay the slightest attention to another player until that day, and that the expression on Hogan's face said that he was watching something truly special. He was right, of course.
Hogan hit the first 34 greens in regulation that Saturday before dumping his wedge in the pond on 17. He then threw up on 18. Some say, I guess you could look this up, that around 4 PM that afternoon Hogan, Nicklaus, and Palmer were tied for the lead. Or real close to it. " I played with a kid today who if he had a brain, should have won this thing by 10 shots". Pretty close to those words.

natep

New
Hogan hit the first 34 greens in regulation that Saturday before dumping his wedge in the pond on 17. He then threw up on 18. Some say, I guess you could look this up, that around 4 PM that afternoon Hogan, Nicklaus, and Palmer were tied for the lead. Or real close to it. " I played with a kid today who if he had a brain, should have won this thing by 10 shots". Pretty close to those words.

Hogan spun his wedge off the green into the water....Nicklaus responded to Hogan's comment with "If I would've putted for Hogan, he would've won by 10." I saw a great HBO documentary on this Open a few years back, I've tried to find a copy of it for sale and I've never been able to find one. It was excellent.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
"...people don't know what they want..."

A totally brilliant man, and a totally brilliant talk.

"...the understanding of variability..."

100++

jeffy

Banned

There is another version that goes like this: Hogan says afterwards that he played with a kid who "if he had me thinking for him, would have won by 10 shots". When told this, young Jack is supposed to have said "well, if Hogan had me putting for him, he'd have won by ten shots".

Hogan spun his wedge off the green into the water....Nicklaus responded to Hogan's comment with "If I would've putted for Hogan, he would've won by 10." I saw a great HBO documentary on this Open a few years back, I've tried to find a copy of it for sale and I've never been able to find one. It was excellent.

Curt Sampson wrote a book about it. "Endless summer" it's a great read.

Status
Not open for further replies.