Debate: Path or Clubface to Fix a Slice —now with Manzella MIT project data on page 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
so if someones numbers are let's say -6 degrees face and -8 path. What is their ball flight and what would you fix first? Also, what will the new numbers be (roundabout) following the first change you make. Assume driver in this example.

What is the amount of down/up and what was the VSP? Without knowing that -6 face and -8 path doesn't mean as much.

if you want to see me teach live, you can come to the next GTE, which will be announced soon.

I'm watching all of Brian's videos now. I'll try to make sure I have at least a moderate understanding of all of your ideas before I comment further. Jim, you could just take an average -1 degree and 48 degree Vsp.

dbl

New
Originally Posted by dbl
The summary line as I read it is a net change, not an absolute.
Nope the less open(change) numbers are even higher. One is 18.

Are you talking about golfer AK? I don't see anyone else with an 18 degree anything.

For AK, he started ouside-in 3.93 degrees path with an open face of 6.67 degrees.
3 minutes later he had closed his face to 1.65 degrees closed and the path was now in to out 10 degrees. Sure maybe he was hooking it, but hey in 3 more minutes I bet that could have been toned down. :)

Originally Posted by dbl
The summary line as I read it is a net change, not an absolute.

Are you talking about golfer AK? I don't see anyone else with an 18 degree anything.

For AK, he started ouside-in 3.93 degrees path with an open face of 6.67 degrees.
3 minutes later he had closed his face to 1.65 degrees closed and the path was now in to out 10 degrees. Sure maybe he was hooking it, but hey in 3 more minutes I bet that could have been toned down. :)

Agree - is there any comparable trackman data of such rapid changes in path and face for other swing tips or training aids?? None that I have seen so far although it might be a good way of weeding out training aids...see how they impact trackman data....something objective to put on their infomercials....;)

I know have recently started a thread about mapping 3 key trackman measurments (AoA, Face angle and HSP) in 3D visual space which may not be to everyones taste ...but the voyage which those players took after a 3 minute lesson is like a hyperspace journey across the trackman universe!!

3 mins is the starting point...that is what william seems to be struggling to accept...

Carnac.jpg

The answer is....

I think I just need to see the immediate change in swingplane and I will be convinced.

Ed.jpg

And the question is....

What will a method man say when given professional guidance, presented with several experts' findings, and real world proof?

I watched Brian's essential d-plane video.(40 min) It's all coming together, I learned more from that video than I have in nearly every golf book I've read. Brian was pretty accurate in his assessment of me having an overly simplified understand of ball flight laws. You've got a great teaching style as well, sorry for the stupidity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.