From the ground up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

Remember our discussion of Nicklaus in the "Clearing hips thread"?? 36 consecutive fairways and greens in a major? Or who led the tour in GIRs most of this season? A self-taught lefty with a flying front leg. Or who won the 1973 US Open at Oakmont with a spectacular 63 where he hit all 18 greens/fringes? Find a highlight video of the event a watch how much Miller's left foot dances around. Or some video of Snead when he let out the shaft, or pre-2008 Tiger. All "floated" the front leg..

Because these mentioned by you were exceptional players. If you focus on accuracy players, you won't ever see Ray/Sadlowski Syndrome.

I wouldn't call that "posting" on the front leg; I'd call it whipping the front leg from internal rotation to external rotation. Where I've seen the term used by those that advocate "posting", it means pressing the weight into the front leg so the body can rotate around it. We don't see that in the players I consider "elites".

Jeffy, have you seen a golfer that never posted lead heel before impact ? Again, understand that the only one possibility one can "jump of the shoes" is utilizing ground forces from the strongest anatomical point which the under-ankle joint area is. Noone of them could produce their results without posting the leg for God's sake ! They lift their lead heels approaching impact because a. they moved their heel to much targetwise for their joints abilities and b. because of the sequentiality of the motion - feet are already much post-impact when clubhead touches the ball; feet's impact is when clubhead is before entering the impact zone.

BUT, if those players had been taught to keep the left foot GLUED TO THE GROUND (something I witness well-meaning fathers tell their hapless off-spring all the time at the driving range) they don't do it which then INTERFERES with the optimal biophysics, presumably.

This is entering a conscious area which is an antithesis of my studies and, therefore, I screw such. BTW, be serious - who thinks about glueing or detaching the heel in a blink of an eye action ?

Cheers

Dariusz...Please explain how the following can happen....Ernest Jones, the Chislehurst professional, who had had a leg shot off in France in March, had played round the Royal Norwich links (standing on one leg for each shot)...Left Leg... in 83, and a little later, playing with David Ayton, he (still on one leg) had holed out the Clacton course a long course in 72. It was at once clear to
the writer that Ernest Jones at all events must have thoroughly acquired the art of obtaining his results with the minimum exertion,

jeffy

Banned
Because these mentioned by you were exceptional players. If you focus on accuracy players, you won't ever see Ray/Sadlowski Syndrome.

If by "accuracy players", you mean "short", damn right. If I have Miller, Nicklaus, Bubba, Snead as models, why would I ever look at, let alone emulate, Scott Verplank or Charlie Wi???

Jeffy, have you seen a golfer that never posted lead heel before impact ? Again, understand that the only one possibility one can "jump of the shoes" is utilizing ground forces from the strongest anatomical point which the under-ankle joint area is. Noone of them could produce their results without posting the leg for God's sake ! They lift their lead heels approaching impact because a. they moved their heel to much targetwise for their joints abilities and b. because of the sequentiality of the motion - feet are already much post-impact when clubhead touches the ball; feet's impact is when clubhead is before entering the impact zone.

You are simply using the term "post" differently then me. I've already explained what I mean, not going to repeat myself.

This is entering a conscious area which is an antithesis of my studies and, therefore, I screw such. BTW, be serious - who thinks about glueing or detaching the heel in a blink of an eye action ?

Cheers

Where have you been? "Quiet feet" has been the rage for years!! Golf Channel's Mike Breed has a device to teach "quiet feet".

Screenshot2011-11-05at72550PM.jpg

Here's a video where he uses a shoe box. Can you imagine what would happen to that shoe box with Bubba???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IV8Gryx2MXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's an epidemic, and totally misguided. BAWK!!

Dariusz J.

Dariusz...Please explain how the following can happen....Ernest Jones, the Chislehurst professional, who had had a leg shot off in France in March, had played round the Royal Norwich links (standing on one leg for each shot)...Left Leg... in 83, and a little later, playing with David Ayton, he (still on one leg) had holed out the Clacton course a long course in 72. It was at once clear to
the writer that Ernest Jones at all events must have thoroughly acquired the art of obtaining his results with the minimum exertion,

Having only one leg (as well as one arm) is a completely different biophysical scenario. As Hogan said, no matter how people may differ anatomically, the mechanics are the same, assuming no physical deformity. Having no rear leg (or rear arm) is a physical deformity that I do not want to deal with.

If by "accuracy players", you mean "short", damn right. If I have Miller, Nicklaus, Bubba, Snead as models, why would I ever look at, let alone emulate, Scott Verplank or Charlie Wi???

ROFL...Verplank, Wi ? Who do you mention ? Who is Bubba ? Let me answer this way - did you see Hogan, Moe, Knudson, Trevino, Boros, DeVicenzo, etc. doing what Ray was doing ?

Where have you been? "Quiet feet" has been the rage for years!! Golf Channel's Mike Breed has a device to teach "quiet feet".

Screenshot2011-11-05at72550PM.jpg

Here's a video where he uses a shoe box. Can you imagine what would happen to that shoe box with Bubba???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IV8Gryx2MXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's an epidemic, and totally misguided. BAWK!!

Do not bring childish arguments. The idea of having quiet feet by a conscious action is same stupidity as have them active by a conscious action. Swing motion should be a cascade of unintentional movements.

Cheers

Seymour Dunn - Never confuse something that happens in your swing (all those support mechanisms, when you're focusing on a true swinging motion) with something you have to "do," or try to do.

If you try to throw a ball a long way do you think about active hips or quiet hands or what have you or do you just let it rip (and still throw it short...) ?

I've already said it but I think the average handicappers problem is focusing on the ball and trying to "do" something mid-swing (aka HIT AT BALL OR AIMING POINT) rather than just completing their swing. There's not really a whole lot you can actually "do" in a fifth of a second.

Pretty amazing that a thread about whether a golfer uses ground forces can get to 10+ pages. Especially when the original poster is the poster-boy for one who uses NO ground forces. Perhaps one of the most un-dynamic swings on the net..... but he at least admits it. ("My swing sucks" I believe were the words Jeffy used).

FFS Brian..... threads like this only add to the confusion. I'm certain you now have golfers questioning whether they should try and grip the ground at all as you start loading opinions from guys who for all I know probably can't break an egg!

This site is becoming more like a cross-referenced yellow book adventure than my first 2 years of trying to read that thing. This stuff surely can't be that complex!!!!!

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
After all this TALK and very little EXPLANATION....

I am going to TELL YOU EXACTLY what you need to do with your body.

1. Find a way to turn your back to the target. Anyway you need to.

2. Keep your back turned to the target as long as long practically can, while your weight falls back toward the target.

3. Be as bent over your waist as you ever are in the swing when you add some ummph to the club between when your left arm is level and the club is parallel for the last time pre-impact.

4. Recruit every fiber of your body to completely lose all of the forward bend you had, as you unwind some, and shift your center of gravity forward, assisting your arms to pull the club inward.

2. Keep your back turned to the target as long as long practically can, while your weight falls back toward the target.

3. Be as bent over your waist as you ever are in the swing when you add some ummph to the club between when your left arm is level and the club is parallel for the last time pre-impact.

4. Recruit every fiber of your body to completely lose all of the forward bend you had, as you unwind some, and shift your center of gravity forward, assisting your arms to pull the club inward.

I am with robohank. Confusion mounts, the centre cannot hold.

I'm waiting for the video and ignoring the rest.

Yes. From the ground up. Ground reaction forces are very real. You push down ground pushes back. You jump while shooting a three pointer basketball for a reason.

The IDEA of this thread is to show you folks how dumb you all are for listening to me.

Brian,.. Not having met you and not being able to decipher your Sense of Humor from these posts, Am I to suppose that you are telling those of us who would REALLY Wish to learn the Golf Swing...That it is All just a Ruse on your part, This Whole Golf Swing Teaching Thing?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Brian,.. Not having met you and not being able to decipher your Sense of Humor from these posts, Am I to suppose that you are telling those of us who would REALLY Wish to learn the Golf Swing...That it is All just a Ruse on your part, This Whole Golf Swing Teaching Thing?

Not at all....that others are starting threads trying to show everyone how smart they are and how dumb people are for listening to Brian.

TeeAce

+1

Keeping your spine angle has made so many misunderstandings and faults to peoples swings. It's good observation from dtl- view, but a anatomically... terrible.

B. Manzella ain't no joke

Status
Not open for further replies.