Golf Channel Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAP

New
I tried to watch a few of them but got bored pretty quickly. Brian better go full out to catch their attention with something. After looking at 3 of them I got the sense that unless you do something a little outrageous you may not get noticed at all.

Oof. There is some boring stuff in some of those clips. In fact... most of those clips.

The one about the myths is going well until she gives detailed instruction on how to break a golf club. To use internet parlance, WTF!

Umm, I SWEAR I had no idea

Brian, I had not seen your Soft Draw pattern video until tonight. In it you said EXACTLY the same things I said in my Golf Channel video.

On my grandfathers grave I did NOT get any of my TGC information from your soft draw video, though people could easily get that impression if they have seen both videos.

I guess if two people independently come to the exact same conclusions then maybe there's something to it. :D

BTW, also would like to mention that my backswing video in 2006 I talked about applying force halfway back in the golf swing and then letting momentum finish the backswing. So yes, someone else was thinking of it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. ;)

greenfree

Banned
Brian, I had not seen your Soft Draw pattern video until tonight. In it you said EXACTLY the same things I said in my Golf Channel video.

On my grandfathers grave I did NOT get any of my TGC information from your soft draw video, though people could easily get that impression if they have seen both videos.

I guess if two people independently come to the exact same conclusions then maybe there's something to it. :D

BTW, also would like to mention that my backswing video in 2006 I talked about applying force halfway back in the golf swing and then letting momentum finish the backswing. So yes, someone else was thinking of it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. ;)

Shawn Clement also.

Now if they are judging to get the finalist by thumbs up "Like It" then Clements has a nice lead because he submitted his video early on. Brian how is your video coming along so we can start voting on it and get you ahead of Clements?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Well...

Umm, I swear I had no idea.

Ummm, I swear, I couldn't care less.

You see folks, I give all my information away.

I don't cry like little school girls and say "He stole my stuff." Like some folks. :rolleyes:

Steve, I didn't watch the whole video, I watched the first couple of minutes. I am very sure you could easily come up with the whole soft draw pattern on your own. Or, from reading this forum before I shot the video. Either way, it is in the public domain.

My feeling is simple, I'll give everyone ALL OF MY STUFF, and I'll explain it better than them, be more entertaining doing it, and out teach 'em with it.

Why doesn't all these other methodology do the same.

($9.99 or $19.99 counts as free in teacher land—trust me)

Now one thing that DOES piss me off are folks who rip me, then rip me off, then continue to rip me.

Credit where credit is due.

I agree that you do give good information and that's why most of us are here. I happily credit those who I learn from not only because it lends credibility to what I say but because they deserve it. You and I have disagreed on many things and in the past I did so vehemently, but now I support your efforts. This is why I said if I were to be so lucky as to get the job I would bring you on frequently. I would still be stuck in the old BFL's if it weren't for your perseverance.

i don't know how to interpret the fact that 44 instructors have sent videos in to the GC.....44 of 30,000 PGA members and apprentices...

44 of the 1,000,000 know-it-alls at every golf course and driving range...

seems really, really low

i don't know how to interpret the fact that 44 instructors have sent videos in to the GC.....44 of 30,000 PGA members and apprentices...

44 of the 1,000,000 know-it-alls at every golf course and driving range...

seems really, really low

I don't see one from you.

I'll throw out a few reasons why only a relative few have chosen to take the first step.

1. Lack of any real ambition.

2. Fear of the unknown.

3. They have no public speaking ability (particularly on video ).

4. They don't have the ability to make a video.

5. Fear of failure. They know that they actually are not qualified.

Now for those that have none of the above problems and might be absolutely wonderful.

1. Entrepeneurial Teacher is used to running his own show. Wants nothing to do with
conforming to party line or answering to what the Golf Channel wants.

2. This will involve a significant amount of travel time away from existing endeavors and
family.

3. Knows that his/her ideas will sometimes be in direct conflict with what Breed said that
week. Suspects he will be encouraged to not be a wave maker.

4. Doubts the selection process is anything different from the normal, who you know routine.

5. Already has a nice gig. Why mess up a good thing? Leadbetter, McLean, Haney not applying.

With your swing...I would at least be playing sectional events and trying to get to the Club Pro Championship.

It truly amazes me that you don't.

thanks for the compliment - my club pro duties plus my desire to spend time with my wife and kids take precedence....and i'm not trying to insinuate that i would have tournament success if i committed to playing - it would be fun to try though

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I know...got a wife 4 kids and don't get to play as much tournament golf as I would like. I played 3 this year...club championship this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.