Harmon "teaches" pitching to a handle-dragger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would like to see Bryan do an updated short game video. My lessons with Kevin have helped immensely but there are still times I feel stuck in between my old handle dragging self and where I want to be.

Just booked an hour with Kevin on Friday on this very subject after seeing this thread thankful to a cancellation. Of course, the p*ss-poor chipping/pitching of the last 2 weeks had no influence. :rolleyes: Jeez, I stink at the moment in this part of the game.

Interesting what Butch is doing there. He throws in the requisite " no not that way" after one of the successful shots to give the illusion of "I'm really watching what you're doing; you cant fool me by doing it the old way". When in fact none of them were the way he described. Is there anybody out there who hasn't done that? How many first swings are that different anyway?

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
The problem i had with the "lesson" was butch was taking away the reward as Brian would say, just kept talking to him. I probably would have started by putting my hands in a spot where i wanted his hands to STOP. Give him something visual of "hey hands don't go farther than here."

The problem i had with the "lesson" was butch was taking away the reward as Brian would say, just kept talking to him. I probably would have started by putting my hands in a spot where i wanted his hands to STOP. Give him something visual of "hey hands don't go farther than here."

I agree Jim. Butch was giving feedback like the student was doing it like he wanted, but was clearly not. I guess the shots were reacting how he wanted, but I thought he needed to go hands on at least with the student's run away hands.

The student in the video might just need to feel
what it's like in his hands to have the bottom
of the grip catch up and pass the top of the grip. Then put that sensation on the ball.

Yes, I agree, but that would have taken actual effort. I've seen guys along the highway picking up trash that look like they are having more fun than Butchy in that lesson.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
He will need a bunch of luck that chip/pitch motion won't get it done at most regular courses much less tour ones. He definitely needs to learn the mid sole pitch.

Hm, what if he'd used another of his pupils who IS a pretty nifty pitching handle dragging Lefty? "Hands more forward. Yeah, that's it." ... heebeejeebees indeed...why do gurus always use a model you look nothing like? I guess he's gotta find some way to justify the G per hour. Blech.

dbl

New
Hey Billy, saw you on the SC Team Golf show Sunday. Glad to see you on the telly. :)

Nice work describing the spin axis.

Hey Billy, saw you on the SC Team Golf show Sunday. Glad to see you on the telly. :)

Nice work describing the spin axis.
lol. they keep pointing those cameras in my direction. i gave a clinic yesterday to about 12 people and all 12 were ignorant of spin axis. amazing how pervasive mis-information is.

How many of US, yes that's you and me, were ignorant of this not too long ago. And you know what, only users of a LM really need to know about it IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.