Hinge Action, Rate of Closure, and what you SHOULD do with the clubface (p9 pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
Well,Furyk leaked oil badly in the final round ballstriking wise.His swing completely broked down by the 16th as he duck hooked his tee shot ala 25 handicapper into the trees.Continued to strike it badly to finish his round so it wasn't just one poor swing.

Not what you would expect from a guy who is supposed to have the best biomechanics on tour according to some people.

brianid

I am going to say this as plain as I can.

You have NO IDEA what I teach in a lesson.

You must think I am telling everyone to go from bent to arched through impact.

That is silliness.

I have given over 100 lessons the last three days in Union Square and have told exactly NOBIDY to do it.

But as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow morning, I'll have some HANDLE DRAGGER come to see me in New Orleans in two that will need to be taught EXACTLY THAT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW"????????????????????????

I am 100% sure.

Why is this?

Really?

Exactly.

Geez....

Double exactly.

The funny part is I can teach circles around all of the dogma-villians.

I actually got you the first time around...so no need to double talk...lol

To teach people to straighten if they're not doing it already (like in the future 2 students you will have) and let them do it (like in the 100 out of 100 students you had) is IMO not good...

Let me ask you this, what if they have a terrific shoulder pivot that makes the clubhead trace on a straighter path and they are truly letting their L wrist roll a lot and they are NOT completely straightening their R wrist, nor intentionally...in contrast they are keeping it bent...and they have a weak grip, with slightly weaker R hand...

Based on what you said, YOU WILL TRY TO TEACH THEM TO STRAIGHTEN IT? Let me tell you this, I KNOW YOU KNOW LOTS ABOUT BODY ACTIONS and its EFFECTS ON THE CLUBFACE, but I'm at a loss why your are for the straightening R wrist...REALLY...TRUTHFULLY...if you can tell us the details more, I'm up for it...I am not claiming to be a guru of your caliber..but I'm certainly a student of the game that really likes to learn...

THE MORE THE R HAND IS ABOVE THE L HAND, the MORE THE R WRIST WILL "LOOK" STRAIGHT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE L WRIST BENDS OR TWISTS...and that ain't even considered by those scientists let alone the 8D equipment...lol

And Dariusz...please spare me the self-accolades...you don't know anything about micro-stuff...lol...and the macro ain't worth a lick without the micros...lets just stick to arguing without the self-serving self-worth imaginations...lol

In short, as I've said before...these stuff are only for those that can't do the BODY or PIVOT actions right on.

brianid

I always go back to this video. But this guy had no idea what he was doing.

Yeah...explains his pulls as his stock shots...great great player though...one of the best...explains also why his hips are so darn open and into so much extension, he's not using the body...lol

natep

New
Yeah...explains his pulls as his stock shots...great great player though...one of the best...explains also why his hips are so darn open and into so much extension, he's not using the body...lol

Lol. Its funny how you'll criticize Sneads advice as bad and causing pulls, but you'll hang on to every word of a 15 handicap hacker like HK.

Dariusz J.

I'm sure, believe me.

OK, I will try to. Ultimately, you're the instructor.

Well,Furyk leaked oil badly in the final round ballstriking wise.His swing completely broked down by the 16th as he duck hooked his tee shot ala 25 handicapper into the trees.Continued to strike it badly to finish his round so it wasn't just one poor swing.

Not what you would expect from a guy who is supposed to have the best biomechanics on tour according to some people.

ROFL. Furyk's downswing is the best biomechanically if one believes in issues I do. He lost the tournament as I see today but he's the only player who did not make a worse score than a bogey (or maybe one of the very few). He was the only one he did not play over par the first 3 days. Do not see the stats but probably in the very top of FIR and GIR. I was watching till the 6th hole of the final flight yesterday and fell asleep but he should have made a bird on the 4th or 5th that would have boosted his confidence and we do not know how it would have ended. If he's like 25 hcapper others should be around 36 index, especially the one according to some he's the best in the history of golf, ROFL.

And Dariusz...please spare me the self-accolades...you don't know anything about micro-stuff...lol...and the macro ain't worth a lick without the micros...lets just stick to arguing without the self-serving self-worth imaginations...lol

Accolades are actually a semi-joke as you should judge on my tone and speaking about myself in 3rd personna, ROFL.
Macro stuff is not as important as micro but without macro you can stick your micro you know where.

Cheers

Last edited:

brianid

Lol. Its funny how you'll criticize Sneads advice as bad and causing pulls, but you'll hang on to every word of a 15 handicap hacker like HK.

HK...is the best in dissecting the swing...you guys here including BM and Dariusz would not have discovered their things without it..accept that..

But IMO, Mac has brought it to another level that people including me wish they knew...it's complete...and not just researching and guessing until now...lol

And I would prefer HK and Mac over your non-15-handicap golf guru...lol

brianid

OK, I will try to. Ultimately, you're the instructor.

ROFL. Furyk's downswing is the best biomechanically if one believes in issues I do. He lost the tournament as I see today but he's the only player who did not make a worse score than a bogey (or maybe one of the very few). He was the only one he did not play over par the first 3 days. Do not see the stats but probably in the very top of FIR and GIR. I was watching till the 6th hole of the final flight yesterday and fell asleep but he should have made a bird on the 4th or 5th that would have boosted his confidence and we do not know how it would have ended. If he's like 25 hcapper others should be around 36 index, especially the one according to some he's the best in the history of golf, ROFL.

Accolades are actually a semi-joke as you should judge on my tone and speaking about myself in 3rd personna, ROFL.
Macro stuff is not as important as micro but without macro you can stick your micro you know where.

Cheers

Oops...sorry about that Dariusz...it really sounds like you believe it despite the poor results...lol

Dariusz J.

HK...is the best in dissecting the swing...you guys here including BM and Dariusz would not have discovered their things without it..accept that..

But IMO, Mac has brought it to another level that people including me wish they knew...it's complete...and not just researching and guessing until now...lol

Well, I was to negate the first sentence, but after deeper thinking I must admit I have benefitted with Kelley's work. Moreover, I still use his nomenclature. So yes, in my case you're right.
As regards Mac and his work -- I wish I cannot learn more since as I heard he worked on eliminating rubbish from the book and introduced some anatomy know-how into it that was on almost zero level. Noone surely cannot say his work is a complete work though. There are many fields of discoveries on unknown level of depth not examined at all until now and I doubt they will be examined in the next decades in spite of geometric progress of human's knowledge.

Oops...sorry about that Dariusz...it really sounds like you believe it despite the poor results...lol

What poor results ? Mine ? Mine are very good considering:
- I started playing golf when I was almost 40 years old;
- I do not possess a body of sportsman any more and have a lot of issues;
- I have not sacrificed any single hour for training since almost 3 years according to my experiment.

And you ? Who the heck are you ? Show me your swing and tell me your US HCP index first and then I'll tell you if playing with you on my home course is not a waste of my time ROFL.

brianid

Well, I was to negate the first sentence, but after deeper thinking I must admit I have benefitted with Kelley's work. Moreover, I still use his nomenclature. So yes, in my case you're right.
As regards Mac and his work -- I wish I cannot learn more since as I heard he worked on eliminating rubbish from the book and introduced some anatomy know-how into it that was on almost zero level. Noone surely cannot say his work is a complete work though. There are many fields of discoveries on unknown level of depth not examined at all until now and I doubt they will be examined in the next decades in spite of geometric progress of human's knowledge.

What poor results ? Mine ? Mine are very good considering:
- I started playing golf when I was almost 40 years old;
- I do not possess a body of sportsman any more and have a lot of issues;
- I have not sacrificed any single hour for training since almost 3 years according to my experiment.

And you ? Who the heck are you ? Show me your swing and tell me your US HCP index first and then I'll tell you if playing with you on my home course is not a waste of my time ROFL.

I meant poor results as in results of your biokinetic research stuff...IMO its poor...but what the heck do I know...I'm a bogey player in a US open...lol...would score higher if on TV...lol

ej20

New
Cheers
I never said Furyk was a 25 handicapper.I said his duck hook on the 16th was like a 25 handicapper to emphasize a point,that's how bad the shot was.It rattled him so much that he couldn't hit a decent shot from that point on.You just don't expect a player of this caliber at the top of his form to start hitting those kinds of shots.I would have been impressed if he came back from that duck hook but he couldn't fix his swing.He also pulled a simple wedge on the 18th into a bunker.Best downswing biomechanically?Maybe but not today under pressure.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Why would anybody care about a screename who won't say who he is, whether he can play or or teach, wears out the agonizingly arrogant LOL buttons and clings to TGM? Just let him keep pivoting and keeping his right wrist bent. He will fight this regardless of any other info put in front of him.

I can just see him at his computer...."Oh, these little people, they're straightening their right wrists on purpose. Hahahahaha...Homer knew so much more."

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

I meant poor results as in results of your biokinetic research stuff...IMO its poor...but what the heck do I know...I'm a bogey player in a US open...lol...would score higher if on TV...lol

You're entitled to have your own opinion, even if you just have it without being able to present any logical arguments.

I never said Furyk was a 25 handicapper.I said his duck hook on the 16th was like a 25 handicapper to emphasize a point,that's how bad the shot was.It rattled him so much that he couldn't hit a decent shot from that point on.You just don't expect a player of this caliber at the top of his form to start hitting those kinds of shots.I would have been impressed if he came back from that duck hook but he couldn't fix his swing.He also pulled a simple wedge on the 18th into a bunker.Best downswing biomechanically?Maybe but not today under pressure.

OK. I ended watching yesterday even before first nine of the leader flight ended and did not see his shot at #16 but it seems he did not score worse than a bogey; #17 scored par and #18 a bogey. Nothing tragic, no doubles or triples. Besides maybe he was tired, maybe too involved, who knows. Even Hogan made huge mistakes at the end of some tournaments. He's another time on the top of the leaderboard and probably he's the best on the average of all golfers during the previous US Opens which is quite an achievment.

Cheers

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Dariusz, you know we love you and respect your opinion but here is why some of your message gets lost on some people. If Bubba Watson finished the way Furyk did you would blast him for not being a true ball striker and a hack. You twist things so much to fit what you like I think it may turn people off a bit. Just my opinion.

Dariusz J.

Dariusz, you know we love you and respect your opinion but here is why some of your message gets lost on some people. If Bubba Watson finished the way Furyk did you would blast him for not being a true ball striker and a hack. You twist things so much to fit what you like I think it may turn people off a bit. Just my opinion.

Moment, moment. I guess there is a huge difference between a SUDDEN AND INCIDENTAL MISTAKE commited by someone like Furyk who's one of the most (if not the most) accurate and repeatable player on tour and ONE OF MANY MISTAKES commited by someone like Watson. Nothing is twisted here.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.