Hogan's inspiring Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardon

I was checking the Vardon Trophy record. Hogan won three and probably would have had more except for the war. His last was in 48. As a side observation a list of great names and several surprises including the absence of Jack Nicklaus.

jeffy

Banned
I was checking the Vardon Trophy record. Hogan won three and probably would have had more except for the war. His last was in 48. As a side observation a list of great names and several surprises including the absence of Jack Nicklaus.

Jack never played enough rounds to qualify for the Vardon trophy. Despite limiting his schedule to majors and tougher tour events, he always had the lowest stroke average in the '70's, as I recall.

jeffy

Banned
I've been chatting the past few days with an ex-tour pro (multiple winner) who learned Hogan's PRE-ACCIDENT swing from Bolt. Said that there was so much upper-body torque that it eventually injured him. Hogan had shoulder injuries as well in the late '40's. Power Golf is right.

It puts about the same amount of torque on the upper body as virtually any good swing. Very likely you'll have some degree of repetitive stress injury with any power swing if you hit as many balls as Hogan did.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hogan's swings.

Someone finally asked me which one I LIKED better.

The Power Golf swing is more dynamic, and hit better shots on the range.

I prefer the '55 swing as far as what I TEACH most golfers.

Really though, the BEST THING ABOUT BOTH is how he doesn't swing too far to the right, and how he does it.

Less F.A.T.S. in the '55 swing as well. Better grip. ;)

How's that Jeffy?

Really though, the BEST THING ABOUT BOTH is how he doesn't swing too far to the right, and how he does it.

Less F.A.T.S. in the '55 swing as well. Better grip. ;)

Brian, how does Hogan stop himself from swinging too far right?

But surely this is a matter of perspective. So I can just as well ask how he stopped himself from swinging too far left (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.