"I'll tumble for ya"

Status
Not open for further replies.
that Floyd video...it's hard to find a more vertical hand path than that....he HAS to make his hand path vertical since it's so near the plane line at the top.

I think it's hard to see tumble in swings, even if there is a lot of it. In fact in a lot of good swings it LOOKS like they're trying to avoid it.

But you can feel it like it's been magnified a thousand times. Ya dig?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I think it's hard to see tumble in swings, even if there is a lot of it. In fact in a lot of good swings it LOOKS like they're trying to avoid it.

But you can feel it like it's been magnified a thousand times. Ya dig?

Not just disagreeing but it's actually very easy to see if you know what you're looking at.

Yep, that's when I see it as well. But it's not as pronounced as the feeling you get when you do it IMO.

The Russian judge gives it a 6.5. Points deducted for running the handle down the fairway. He could beat my butt red so who am I to say?

Running the handle down the fairway? You mean like a handle drag? Hmm, I don't see anything like that. There's a face on view on you tube too. Looks like he's going as normal as the best of them to me!

I know you and Lindsey likes your laid off swings, so I thought this presents a good opportunity to show what I thought was a more across the line way to get it done. Obviously Miller Barber isn't exactly real close to the center of the spectrum. I'm certainly not at home trying to copy that move. That being said, I find his move easier to emulate then Raymond Floyd's. I personally really need to feel the club laying down, and I have trouble doing that starting from a laid off or even a more neutral backswing. I need to feel the reverse tumble, in order to know when to tumble.

Anyways, you guys never show much love to across the liners. Here's one of my favorites, and certainly a better example then Miller Barber:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
No, not dragging it. I should have said just going down he target line too much thru impact. I don't care where it lays off, just that it does.

B
Running the handle down the fairway? You mean like a handle drag? Hmm, I don't see anything like that. There's a face on view on you tube too. Looks like he's going as normal as the best of them to me!

I know you and Lindsey likes your laid off swings, so I thought this presents a good opportunity to show what I thought was a more across the line way to get it done. Obviously Miller Barber isn't exactly real close to the center of the spectrum. I'm certainly not at home trying to copy that move. That being said, I find his move easier to emulate then Raymond Floyd's. I personally really need to feel the club laying down, and I have trouble doing that starting from a laid off or even a more neutral backswing. I need to feel the reverse tumble, in order to know when to tumble.

Anyways, you guys never show much love to across the liners. Here's one of my favorites, and certainly a better example then Miller Barber:

Indeed, a much better example than Miller.

Last edited:
You like to feel laying it down in transition...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T3WH0zsCCW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if i got to do it all over again, it would be the summer of 1962, the first time i ever hit a golf ball, and i would say teach me THAT swing

Status
Not open for further replies.