jimmy mclean on perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpro

New
ROFL...Onward and upward...I like ol' 3Jack and have read his blog many times. A good guy. Speaking as a player who has won a few and now teach I always felt the "feel isn't real" comment by a teacher was a smartazz way of dodging the real issue which is THEY just didn't get their freaking point communicated properly.

You cannot teach mechanics without teaching a feel, but the problems is that what one person recognizes a feel another may not. All of the changes happen in the melon and that can be a strange place to create a change. The best players can imagine and visualize, that is why we still use cameras, for those who cannot do both.

footwedge

You cannot teach mechanics without teaching a feel, but the problems is that what one person recognizes a feel another may not. All of the changes happen in the melon and that can be a strange place to create a change. The best players can imagine and visualize, that is why we still use cameras, for those who cannot do both.

I agree! That melon thing, is it a watermelon or a honey dew? LOL.

Last edited:

footwedge

I like Richie he usually has some interesting stories in his posts, but man, he knows a lot of people, who know a lot of people, who know more people, that know.... just kidding Richie.

oldpro

New
Well, if you are going to teach really good players it's best to understand what makes each one individually tick...if not you will ultimately fail.
It isn't hard to pick out the losers and winners in teachers these days.

I like Richie he usually has some interesting stories in his posts, but man, he knows a lot of people, who know a lot of people, who know more people, that know.... just kidding Richie.

Look at it from my point of view.

I do report stories using anonymous sources, which is what any professional reporter does (or at least should do). I can't think of a story where I had to use anonymous sources that I didn't at least use 3 different sources (validates the story...and again, something professional reporters should do as well).

So if I just give away what pros I've talked to...then it gives away that they are my sources. Or even worse, pros that I've talked to..but haven't actually used them as a source in my story...not get looked at as being an anonymous source.

'5 Lessons' is filled with 'feel ain't real' stuff in there. Hogan talks about 'turning the hips to start the downswing'...the guy had a ton of forward lateral movement in the downswing.

'Golf My Way' is filled with 'feel ain't real' stuff.

So is 'A Swing For Life.'

Nobody is saying that you don't need to find what makes each one tick.

3JACK

footwedge

Look at it from my point of view.

I do report stories using anonymous sources, which is what any professional reporter does (or at least should do). I can't think of a story where I had to use anonymous sources that I didn't at least use 3 different sources (validates the story...and again, something professional reporters should do as well).

So if I just give away what pros I've talked to...then it gives away that they are my sources. Or even worse, pros that I've talked to..but haven't actually used them as a source in my story...not get looked at as being an anonymous source.

'5 Lessons' is filled with 'feel ain't real' stuff in there. Hogan talks about 'turning the hips to start the downswing'...the guy had a ton of forward lateral movement in the downswing.

'Golf My Way' is filled with 'feel ain't real' stuff.

So is 'A Swing For Life.'

Nobody is saying that you don't need to find what makes each one tick.

3JACK

I like reading your posts I find them interesting and I know you know that I know that you know( I think that's 4 sources,LOL) that Hogan did things that don't match (look wise) what he said in 5 lessons so the question for Hogan fans that want to copy him is, do you do what he said to do or what he actually does in his swing? How do you get a feel from a book?

Canteloupe melon.

A coconut has hair though, which is funny. Is it a nut? Don't know. Truly fitting, if so. :D Rhyme crime.

Haven't read all this, but it seems interesting. "Feel not always real" may be truthful.

Last edited:

oldpro

New
Canteloupe melon.

A coconut has hair though, which is funny. Is it a nut? Don't know. Truly fitting, if so. :D Rhyme crime.

Haven't read all this, but it seems interesting. "Feel not always real" may be truthful.

HeHeHE Coulda saved myself a lot of typing had I been smart enough to say exactly that which is the actual truth.

So a book about physics would be best written so that a 5th grader could understand, because it would sell better. That makes no sense at all.

Who cares about relevancy to the mass market, does that make the information better?

I am sure Copernicus' books were all very well received by the people of the time.

The beauty is that they teach physics to children but no child could read the golfing machine.

A books true measure is how many people it touches not if a small few get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.