Kevin Shields - PGA National Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your wife make you rake the bunker after that 1st one on 18? :)

I know it didn't turn out "right", but that was some fun viewing for the rest of us. Not every year you get to perform your part time job on national TV in prime time. You did yourself, your club, your students, your coach, and all of us here very proud.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Did your wife make you rake the bunker after that 1st one on 18? :)

I know it didn't turn out "right", but that was some fun viewing for the rest of us. Not every year you get to perform your part time job on national TV in prime time. You did yourself, your club, your students, your coach, and all of us here very proud.

She was not equipped to perform the task of raking.

I know it's kinda funny, I was glued to the computer watching the leaderboard and my wife says "Did your forum internet buddy guy make it?" It's like how do explain your routing for a guy you never met face to face, I just shrugged her off.

dbl

New
In the midnight 2hour show, GC showed KS' play on 18 at about the 19 minute mark with his third shot on 18 from the bunker (long shot) and his remaining shots, and an interview after the commercial. At the 1 hour mark, they showed the first play off hole, and KS teed off 2nd to last. Quiet hips it seems. Then they showed his 2nd shot from right side - like a fairway wood cut from near a tree. Then another sand shot and putt attempt.

I echo all the other regard and commendation for an tremendous showing.

Kevin,
Thanks for letting so many of us live vicariously through you over the past couple of days or so. Great job out there, even with a slag of a putter.
Couple of quick questions:

We'll get the fan favourite out of the way first:
1. "Do you know what nemesis means...?"

Then...
2. Were you 100% aware of what you needed to do coming down the stretch?
3. What were your swing keys for the week?
4. You mentioned that you had a bitch of a right to right shot going under the gun. Did you manage to keep a lid on it as the heat rose?
5. How many shots do you think your putter cost you for the week?
Cheers...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Kevin is a good putter.

The strokes at 17 & 18 in regulation was TOUR.

We just need to get that putter to fit him a bit better and have him watch the stroke on 18 all day to old-school sybervison music.

Or maybe old school hip hop.

Kevin is a good putter.

We just need to get that putter to fit him a bit better and have him watch the stroke on 18 all day to old-school sybervison music.

LAWD, I watched Al Geiberger on Sybervision for HOURS on end. Soothes the soul. :)

Kevin,

Didn't get a chance to say Good Job before this before 'cuz I was flying yesterday and very busy today. (BManz was trying to kill me in the NOLA heat and humidity today.)

Echoing the thoughts and voices of others --- Simply - You're damn good. I've truly enjoyed watching you at several events over the past 2-3 years. Keep up the good work. Have faith in your game and what you're working on.

Kevin is a good putter.

No better thang than a lil Suger Hill Gang.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Kevin,
Thanks for letting so many of us live vicariously through you over the past couple of days or so. Great job out there, even with a slag of a putter.
Couple of quick questions:

We'll get the fan favourite out of the way first:
1. "Do you know what nemesis means...?"

Then...
2. Were you 100% aware of what you needed to do coming down the stretch?
3. What were your swing keys for the week?
4. You mentioned that you had a bitch of a right to right shot going under the gun. Did you manage to keep a lid on it as the heat rose?
5. How many shots do you think your putter cost you for the week?
Cheers...

Yes
Keep the face on top of the hands and square to the target at impact
Hit it twice...which is all that I need to fear it
At least 10

Just finished re-watching some Kevin footage from the qualifier. Kevin is a pretty good-looking guy. Got that Lee Janzen walk going on. Hold on....I'm just saying.:D

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Just finished re-watching some Kevin footage from the qualifier. Kevin is a pretty good-looking guy. Got that Lee Janzen walk going on. Hold on....I'm just saying.:D

If you think I'm good looking, you should see Lindsey Newman. Smoldering eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.