Kevin Shields - PGA National Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished re-watching some Kevin footage from the qualifier. Kevin is a pretty good-looking guy. Got that Lee Janzen walk going on. Hold on....I'm just saying.:D

Teacher, player, student, and... stand up comedian???

220px-Richhall1a.jpg
11142.jpg

Just sayin' :p:D

dbl

New
Sorry Kevin, the 2 hour midnight showing I've got doesn't have the putt. Just your third on 18 and each shot thereafter. I could post those if you want, or perhaps the full shots (there are two) - the playoff. The drive on 1 looked good except for where the ball wound up.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Trust me, the same guy that kept Nick Price's 62 putt at Augusta from going in, had to work twice as hard to keep Kevin's putt on 17 out.

Must of a had a good reason....

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
A few thoughts:

(1) Sorry, Kevin. I see nightmares in your future.

(2) I believe this putt broke back to Kevin's left at the hole, hence the lip out.

(3) My inner nerd would like to hear Damon or Geoff Mangum or someone else explain what happened here from a physics standpoint.

Last edited:

natep

New
Thanks for posting it, somehow I missed that putt when I was watching live.

Looked dead center the whole way to me, just like the putt on 18.

Two great putts with his tournament life on the line. It takes a lot of guts to pull that off, I wouldve crumbled.

That looked like a 3' putt that rolled 30. Must've been a brutal shelf cause no one they showed got it up and over off with the tee shot.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
That looked like a 3' putt that rolled 30. Must've been a brutal shelf cause no one they showed got it up and over off with the tee shot.

Lot of up and over putts out there. Over that green was dead, would've gone an extra 40-50 yards had I flown the green. Even landing back there it had nothing to stop it from going long.

This story James Achenbach: Rick Vershure shows off honesty, integrity
create some discussion on the wishon site Wishon Golf Technology • View topic - First DQ I've heard from the Groove Rule
about how impossible it is too (as a non sponsored pga pro) to play with conforming grooves.

Being evil as always I could not resist thinking what would happing if this testing would have been done after this tournement and what would have been the consequences to the end-result list.....yes I known....evil :p

Status
Not open for further replies.