Kevin Shields teeing it up on the Nationwide Tour today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAP

New
Funny but I never and I mean never watch Nationwide coverage at all. The past few days I have searched through the TV listing to figure out when it is on. Then while I am watching it I am constantly watching the scroll of scores on the screen.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Had a 10 footer on 18 to beat Rocco (and it was the first time I thought of it!:) ). Had a great time. Dont know if the body could handle this every week. Im not used to this much golf!!

I will say these guys are strong. You have to hit it very straight to play this course and some of the scores have been impressive. If you look at each individual card, you'll see way more doubles and triples then usual. That's the nature of this place. Balls can hit in the fairway and still be out of bounds. Wild track. Hopefully there's one more good round in me but regardless of what happens, I've already had a great time.

Hopefully there's one more good round in me but regardless of what happens, I've already had a great time.

Great attitude Kevin ! That's all you can do is enjoy yourself and give it your best shot. The rest is out of your control

Again...great play Kevin. I was hoping you would get some camera time playing with Rocco.

Good luck tomorrow.

edit: I also thought it was funny that on the scoreboard you're the only player without a flag. It's like you're a man without a country.

You have beaten a lot of really good players head to head. I want to hear no more talk of not being able to play for a living. :)

+1 Whether or not he wants to deal with the hassle of the travel and time away from the family is one thing, but the game is definitely there, which is something when you consider that these guys play way more golf on a regular basis than he does.

That is awesome playing, Kevin. Great job, man!

Kevin, since you got to play with Rocco the last two days, would really like to hear your thoughts about his golf swing. Congrats on a great week!

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Kevin, since you got to play with Rocco the last two days, would really like to hear your thoughts about his golf swing. Congrats on a great week!

My thoughts are that he knows everything about HIS swing, never hit a really bad shot in 36 holes. Its very clear how he took Tiger 90 holes. If he could putt he would have won ALOT more out there.

Everything moved right to left, distance control was impeccable. I easily hit the same amount of high quality shots but his misses are barely even misses where i had 7 penalty shots for the tournament. He made 2 birdies, no bogies today. Very monontonous golf, fun to watch. Perfect for the US Open and its no wonder he loves that event.

Excellent showing Kevin, you played well.

Anything else that you could share about your experience would be appreciated.

My thoughts are that he knows everything about HIS swing, never hit a really bad shot in 36 holes. Its very clear how he took Tiger 90 holes. If he could putt he would have won ALOT more out there.

Everything moved right to left, distance control was impeccable. I easily hit the same amount of high quality shots but his misses are barely even misses where i had 7 penalty shots for the tournament. He made 2 birdies, no bogies today. Very monontonous golf, fun to watch. Perfect for the US Open and its no wonder he loves that event.

This reinforces what my teacher in high school used to say. We can ALL hit good shots just like the best in the world but it's the number of good shots and the quality of our misses that separates good am's or teachers from the guys who make a living playing.

Great playing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.