left arm rotation on backswing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m not spinning my spine.. I'm rotating my shoulders around the spine, just like a teeter-totter. When someone pushes on one side, the other side acts. The right shoulder goes DOWN PLANE while the left shoulder moves along the plane as well. The arms will seek out the plane which the shoulder rotate on.. making a shoulders on plane swing the most beneficial. So the SHOULDERS now become essencial to the plane of the SWING. And their movement is very critical to make the swing remain on plane.

corky, it is quite clear your only intention is to be an antagonist to this discussion. Why have not Holenone or Brian decided to refute what is being claimed as the center of the swing? Why have they not joined you in the dismissal of my observations? Probably because there is no reason to. Rarely will they post something to agree with someone, but rather to correct... and in this case they have chosen not to. Why do you suppose that is?

He's talking to you. He's reinforcing what Denny said. And that was for you to get over the fact that the left shoulder could move and still be the swing center. He said Denny was dead on and that it didn't matter that the left shoulder moved, the ball was only on the clubface for 4/1,000th of a second.

And for you to stop confusing pivot center with swing center. And hopefully dispell your notion that you could have a powerful, efficient swing by making a quarter turn with your shoulders.

He only said the first half, but, If I have to translate for you, then you get my two cents.

Sorry, your argument just wasn't that compelling. I think I'll go now, I have to do some of your Tommy Bolt drills. LOL!

powerdraw I get this message pushing the link:

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

quote:Originally posted by ThomGN

An error has occurred.

Thank you.

here we go...could you try it again see if it works now? it does from here...

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by Powerdraw

quote:Originally posted by ThomGN

An error has occurred.

Thank you.

here we go...could you try it again see if it works now? it does from here...

Still get the error message.

quote:Originally posted by corky05

Sorry, your argument just wasn't that compelling. I think I'll go now, I have to do some of your Tommy Bolt drills. LOL!

You just couldn't look at 1-L and come to the conclusion that for once I might be right.

And who the heck is Tommy Bolt?

It was a joke, Ringer! Tommy Bolt was famous for throwing clubs. Club throwing drill? Actually, I don't think you are advocating throwing clubs the same way Tommy threw them, usually his ended up at the bottom of the lake.

EdZ

New
Static picture representing something that is not a golf swing, nor the center of mass or force vetors involved in making a swing.
Nor the body positions of a swing.
Nor the backswing arc.

A good picture of a left arm only motion however - zero pivot, center of mass at the left shoulder.

You still on that rant,Ed? Yawn!

quote:Originally posted by denny.

I have heard 5 of the 50 C.D. recordings of Homer Kelley teaching class's (the MOST valuable C.D.s on the planet).Chuck works here in Mesa Az.(We have 3 A.I.s here).
Yoda asked Homer if we should concentrate on a stationary left shoulder ------------Since this was the second time Yoda asked the same question-- Homer said forcefully "FORGETABOUTIT" " I see no value of monitoring the left shoulder".
Holenone correct me if I error.
Another time someone in the class asked about the problem of a moving center i.e." The left shoulder"--- Homer said " In 4/10,000 of a second that the club is on the ball that it ddn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.