My battle with "Over the Top"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi here is a video from me today, as you can see im really forcing to get a sqaure clubface as its been getting closed, then im doing the stupid, horrible, ugly thing of coming over the top, if you can get rid of that for me ill send you £40/$80 on friday guaranteed.
my legs seem really unstable. there turning to much.
anyhow, heres a link to the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSj0bCKNeu8im sorry its off a camera but anything you can help with will be great, ill dig my video camera out on saturday and get a video properly from different postions.

thanks

use the search function there is a link there for all the articles but the best would be to buy never slice again video. its a draw pattern and it explains all the reasons why people have clubface issues which you most likely do since your right hand flew off the grip

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Medi, just one man's opinion, but I don't think ther is one quick fix here. Maybe Brian or Mke Finney (who diagnosed you well) would disagree. I think you need as many NSA influences on your swing as possible. Completely blow up your pattern and get your tilts and clubface and transition on the draw side of the Manzella matrix. Hopefully Brian will chime in.

So difficult without watching on V1 or any other swing analysis software but for me i see too much tension in the set up. As Brian has said previously look at the ball through your eyes not down your nose. You have your chin so much off your chest that for me this is only creating tension. Do not see an OTT but again could be down to the shutter speed. Post a face on when you get chance.

hi here is a video from me today, as you can see im really forcing to get a sqaure clubface as its been getting closed, then im doing the stupid, horrible, ugly thing of coming over the top, if you can get rid of that for me ill send you £40/$80 on friday guaranteed.
my legs seem really unstable. there turning to much.
anyhow, heres a link to the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSj0bCKNeu8im sorry its off a camera but anything you can help with will be great, ill dig my video camera out on saturday and get a video properly from different postions.

thanks

haven't read thread, and haven't watched video, but this wil stop you coming OTT.

1. take a 7 iron

2. tee ball up as if it was a driver

3. try to hit the ball full on the upswing

you cant do this if you come OTT. it might not be great for everything, but you WILL stop coming over the top of it

pecky...where do i place the ball in my stance, how will i know if i have come over the top of it?

fairly forward in your stance.
its more of a feeling . trying to hit the ball upwards will feel totally different to what you've been doing. you might not actually hit up on it, but the feeling should help stop the OTT move.
but remember, this is only if you just cannot physically stop coming over the top of it
you shouldn't really try it otherwise

you want to try and sort of overhaul your swing. looks like you got club face problems, and you compensate with path and plane.

you asked how to stop coming over the top.

i dont know whether you fixed this problem or not but you clubface is very open at the top. try a bit of twistaway u seem to be open at address as well.

still not fixed the problems, my right shoulder all the time just wants to be thrown outwards at the start of the swing. even if i try and work it downplane it doesnt work.

tank

New
Instead of trying to work the right shoulder down, maybe try working the left shoulder up and back (throw the drunk of your shoulder as per Brian's NSA2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.