My Swing in high speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my Casio EX-FH20 out to the range today to take some video of my swing.

Face On
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRkf2FAFEr0[/media]

Down The Line
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumPN-gFabQ[/media]

The down the line video has a couple of skips, not sure why.

ej20

New
Finally got my Casio EX-FH20 out to the range today to take some video of my swing.

Face On
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRkf2FAFEr0[/media]

Down The Line
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumPN-gFabQ[/media]

The down the line video has a couple of skips, not sure why.

Looking good Ringer.Perhaps a tad underplane release.

I get the same problem with my FC150.Not always but occasionally.Annoying.I find it less likely to skip when I choose normal quality instead of high quality.Try using a faster SD card,something like a class 10.

Looking good Ringer.Perhaps a tad underplane release.

I get the same problem with my FC150.Not always but occasionally.Annoying.I find it less likely to skip when I choose normal quality instead of high quality.Try using a faster SD card,something like a class 10.

Thank you for the suggestions ej. I'll look into the SD card upgrade.

Odd how it happened with the one shot but not the face on.

S

SteveT

Good looking swing ... but have you posted your driver swing on the forum? Thanks.

May the torque be with you

Any force that causes an object to rotate around an axis.

Mr Bishop

Do you mean to sustain the force that keeps the shaft twisted away from you or the force that could rotate the whole upper arm flying triangular wedge?

Probably something else, I guess?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Nice. I very much like the lower body movement in the transition from face on. Agree with ej20, working under it a little late, could cause some problems. The downarch happens a touch late. Looks solid though.

Last edited:
Mr Bishop

Do you mean to sustain the force that keeps the shaft twisted away from you or the force that could rotate the whole upper arm flying triangular wedge?

Probably something else, I guess?

Well based on the symposium and lots of other things I've been reading plus some intuitive guidance I realize that the golf swing is a sequence of torques we call the kinetic link/chain/sequence. It starts by rotating the right leg in a twist fashion to get the right knee into good position over the inside of the right foot (for those who don't already have their right knee inside).

Then once that happens the right leg pushes the right hip forward and torques it around your left hip. That "bump and turn" of the left hip stretches the left lat muscle (and to a small degree the right lat muscle with the right hip) which allows for greater pull of the lat muscles. That pull of the lat muscles torques the shoulders around and simultaneously pulls the elbows downward toward your rib cage for both arms.

The left tricep muscle resists against the clubs inertia while the left lat does the work of pulling the whole left arm. The right arm has a slightly different move where depending on the position of the right elbow the right tricep either assists with the left arm pull (pitch elbow) or it pushes (punch elbow). In both cases you are applying torque to the club through the top side of the shaft to swing around the left wrist joint.

It is this final torque that is important to us. Each successive torque requires that it be activated at or slightly before the peak speed of the previous torque. The one rotating the shaft around our left wrist must be started soon enough so that we can apply maximum speed at impact, but not so soon that we run out of torque before we get there.

An attempt to sustain the lag can result in someone reaching their peak speed too late and thus wasting all of that energy they built up. If they apply the torque too soon then they don't have any left by the time they reach the ball and then the only torque being applied to the swing at impact will be whatever the shoulders provide.

dlam

New
I have to agree with Steve.
Thinking about torque rather than lag helps me to keep the built up force in my swing transferred to the clubhead-ball at impact.
When I think about lag only I forget the rotational force.
I think lag is more important for heavy spinning punchlike pitch shots with little/no torque.

ringer, by torque do you mean lag? just kidding.

great swing. happy to see someone who talks the talk and walks the walk.

what part of your game needs the most improvement relatively speaking?

ringer, by torque do you mean lag? just kidding.

great swing. happy to see someone who talks the talk and walks the walk.

what part of your game needs the most improvement relatively speaking?

Practice around the greens. My touch is gone. I have great mechanics in both my putting and chipping strokes, I just have a tough time reading greens accurately and gaging distances with my chip shots. I have many rounds where I hit 16 greens in regulation and shoot a 74 with 1 or no birdies. I'll even hit it within 30 feet of the hole all day and still miss every birdie putt but a few inches here or there.

If I had the time to spend just working on reading greens I'd probably would have been at Q-school this year or already on tour.

Practice around the greens. My touch is gone. I have great mechanics in both my putting and chipping strokes, I just have a tough time reading greens accurately and gaging distances with my chip shots. I have many rounds where I hit 16 greens in regulation and shoot a 74 with 1 or no birdies. I'll even hit it within 30 feet of the hole all day and still miss every birdie putt but a few inches here or there.

If I had the time to spend just working on reading greens I'd probably would have been at Q-school this year or already on tour.

good point. sounds like the "problem" of every good player.

i don't know about you, but often by the 4th day of a tournament (1 practice but 3 days of play), my older one will get used to the green,,,the contours, its response from landing from chips. often, it is too late:)

Last edited:
S

SteveT

Well based on the symposium and lots of other things I've been reading plus some intuitive guidance I realize that the golf swing is a sequence of torques we call the kinetic link/chain/sequence.

It is this final torque that is important to us. Each successive torque requires that it be activated at or slightly before the peak speed of the previous torque. The one rotating the shaft around our left wrist must be started soon enough so that we can apply maximum speed at impact, but not so soon that we run out of torque before we get there.

An attempt to sustain the lag can result in someone reaching their peak speed too late and thus wasting all of that energy they built up. If they apply the torque too soon then they don't have any left by the time they reach the ball and then the only torque being applied to the swing at impact will be whatever the shoulders provide.

Ringer ... these statements are fraught with misconceptions because you are thinking in terms of applied torque rather than the flow of kinetic energy from one body segment to another which would involve segmental velocities and angular momentum. Also your reference to muscles applying torque may be misleading since you don't attribute the muscles to stabilizing the body against the golfswing forces.

I don't want to belittle you, but you are using scientific terms intuitively for your own purpose which is subjectively okay, but to then offer it as a personal interpretation is problematic. Just saying ....:)

Last edited:
Ringer ... these statements are fraught with misconceptions because you are thinking in terms of applied torque rather than the flow of kinetic energy from one body segment to another which would involve segmental velocities and angular momentum. Also your reference to muscles applying torque may be misleading since you don't attribute the muscles to stabilizing the body against the golfswing forces.

I don't want to belittle you, but you are using scientific terms intuitively for your own purpose which is subjectively okay, but to then offer it as a personal interpretation is problematic. Just saying ....:)

Ok so how you would you put it?

Here we go, video of my driver down the line.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KJ_mOp0d0[/media]

I forgot the memory card at home so I only had enough space on the camera for the down the line view.

Looks good to me Steve.

You like to play a draw I assume?

How'd that driver shot fly? Camera angle?

Just asking...I really do presume you are pretty on top of things.

Thought it was interesting to talk to you in SD. You seem quicker to learn and integrate specific things than I am I think. Or maybe I am just dopey!! :):D

Liked your idea about distracting a player with something before an event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.