NSA 2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slice for more then 14 years. 4 pro’s did not solve it, most of them just told me to slow down my swing. With this slice I got to hcp 16.5 but those days are gone :( Today I can’t even break 110 :eek:

Will start to watch the NSA tonight and will keep you updated about my progress.

This is my current swing with iron 7

Average/Consistancy

AOA -4.5/1.7
PATH -5.0/2.2
VSP 62.1/2.5
HSP -7.5/1.9
DYN 20.5/4.0
FACE -0.3/3.5
SMASH 1.30/0.06
SIDE 2.7/14.8 (meters)

Oopss...need to watch it again I think

arg..... watch the video. Most talk is about open clubface and how to solve that. Somehow I have the feeling it only talks very shortly about how to get from ouside-in to inside or less outside. It's more like a "you need to hit inside and down"

After the first try my path is between -10 and -15 and the face angle between 0.5 and 10.0. Side is now something like 40 meters or more to the right right :eek:

The main purpose of the video is to take away the reason for swinging too outside-in, which is the open clubface. However, you can fix your clubface and still have a path that is too far left.

The backswing pivot and downswing pivot sections of the video will help move your path more right.

Can you post a video?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
arg..... watch the video. Most talk is about open clubface and how to solve that. Somehow I have the feeling it only talks very shortly about how to get from ouside-in to inside or less outside. It's more like a "you need to hit inside and down"

After the first try my path is between -10 and -15 and the face angle between 0.5 and 10.0. Side is now something like 40 meters or more to the right right :eek:

You are trying to solve the problem BACKWARDS which is why you have probably never solved it.

You can't fix an out/in path by swinging in/out WITHOUT fixing the face first, if you do this you will push and shank the ball.

2 Things:

1. What Jim said. The whole revolutionary GENIUS of NSA is that it teaches you to fix the clubface, and until you do that, you will never get anywhere worry about path.

2. I think I understand how incredible a tool trackman is. And I mean this with all due respect, but I think the numbers should be used by folks like GTE instructors to help fix people. It just doesn't seem productive for me that someone who can't break 100 knows all his trackman numbers.

You are trying to solve the problem BACKWARDS which is why you have probably never solved it.

You can't fix an out/in path by swinging in/out WITHOUT fixing the face first, if you do this you will push and shank the ball.

Jim ,thanks. I think I understand :eek: Solve the face and the path might follow......

So could it be that at some time when the face is solved (less open) I might start seeing some pulls due to the outside-in, and that will become less and less until both are "normal" again?

Oke, will start to try some more and harder :)

Jim ,thanks. I think I understand :eek: Solve the face and the path might follow......

So could it be that at some time when the face is solved (less open) I might start seeing some pulls due to the outside-in, and that will become less and less until both are "normal" again?

Oke, will start to try some more and harder :)

I have been working alot on face control for about the past year and a few of the things I have needed to pay a lot of attention to are:

1. The grip. Make absolutely sure it is done properly and has the club face in same orientation every time you take your grip. Also check the club face orientation after you hit shots to check if it has changed some time during your swing--difficult to know what causes any changes, though.

2. Twistaway in the backswing and in the downswing--especially paying attention to the transition twistaway.

3. The correct swivel. Just like Brian demonstrates in NSA to the wedding ring up position. Also pay attention to the left elbow in the follow through--finish so you can look at the inside of your left elbow.

Hope this helps.

I have been working alot on face control for about the past year and a few of the things I have needed to pay a lot of attention to are:

1. The grip. Make absolutely sure it is done properly and has the club face in same orientation every time you take your grip. Also check the club face orientation after you hit shots to check if it has changed some time during your swing--difficult to know what causes any changes, though.

Yes, It's hard to return to a BM neutral grip. I have a strong left and very strong right hand.... neutral feels really weird.

2. Twistaway in the backswing and in the downswing--especially paying attention to the transition twistaway.

Changing grip is hard but that is nothing compared in trying to do a twistaway :D

3. The correct swivel. Just like Brian demonstrates in NSA to the wedding ring up position. Also pay attention to the left elbow in the follow through--finish so you can look at the inside of your left elbow.

Well............ trying to swivel correct but grip and twistaway leaves no room in my "head" to also include the correct swivel :D

Hope this helps.

appreciated your posting!

Once you get the grip down--need to work on it every day--doing the twistaway all the way throughout your swing will make the correct swivel and wedding ring up simpler. It all goes together, I was just trying to highlight some things to focus on. No secrets it will take some work.

Had another go at it today, rather fustrating... 80% topped, 10% shanked.... and those very few that where hit... high...higher...highest. I believe the Dyn loft was around 30D

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Really?

I am not saying I don't believe you, but I have read this whole thread closely a few times, and it just doesn't sound right.

You are either making all of this up, or something is REALLY getting lost in the translation.

I will be happy to have send you The Soft Draw Pattern so you can try it out.

If you...can't grip it at least semi-neutral

...can't fo weeding ring up

...can't find the long sections about axis tilt, arm release, and shallowing out the downswing

You either need a new computer, an interpreter, or Soft Draw.

I'd be happy to take care of that—let me know.

I am not saying I don't believe you, but I have read this whole thread closely a few times, and it just doesn't sound right.

You are either making all of this up, or something is REALLY getting lost in the translation.

Believe me, it real. For me it's hard to learn new movements, takes forever.

I will be happy to have send you The Soft Draw Pattern so you can try it out.

If you...can't grip it at least semi-neutral

...can't fo weeding ring up

...can't find the long sections about axis tilt, arm release, and shallowing out the downswing

You either need a new computer, an interpreter, or Soft Draw.

I'd be happy to take care of that—let me know.

Let me try a bit more. I might be able to post a video. If you think that the SD pattern video would be better just let me know. More then happy to buy it

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The deal.

If I flew to France, and right off of the plane there you were. I fox your path—TrackMan verified—in 1o balls or less.

Without saying one single word about it.

You have to allow the clubface to turn toward the target through the ball. Elbow and arm FULLY rotated.

Do the drill in my short tip at the end of my Golf Channel video so that my "one last point" is good as well—slightly to the right of the target.

FLEW TO FRANCE???

If you flew to France, got off the plane and used trackman to fix his hand path

AND did't first take LISA out for a fine dining dinner

YOU would have more to worry about then his hand path

oh btw great video for golf channel

hj

If I flew to France, and right off of the plane there you were. I fox your path—TrackMan verified—in 1o balls or less.

Without saying one single word about it.

The guest room is waiting :D but...... I would not book a flight back te same day. :eek: you might be suprised how hard it will be fixing me.

Just tried it again.... top and shank land all the way... dyn loft 32 degree.

Tested my old cam, had some problems with the autofocus/zoom but read somewhere that tapping it on the base plate could solve that..............and it did! So will shoot some video tomorrow both "stock swing" and "NSA swing"

Status
Not open for further replies.