Status
Not open for further replies.
hey frans

you don't have to wait for the golf channel

i do believe if you pay the flight and his time , and a place to stay

of course Lisa travels with him

i think if you agreed to that. the "who dat" man will be on his way

what say you Brian

Just tried it again.... top and shank land all the way... dyn loft 32 degree.

I bet you are tumbling the club head out away from you too much when you are doing the twistaway on the downswing. Do the NSA swivel of the hands with the arms and right shoulder still working down(just rotating the clubface with your left hand).

Yes, that is really the swing that got me to 16.5

Old cam so maybe you don't like the quality. If it good enough let me know I. It's my "stock swing" with an iron 7 DTL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bMPPjxl5pjM?fs=1&hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bMPPjxl5pjM?fs=1&hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have the trackman data for those three shots.

greenfree

Banned
Club whipped inside then lifted to the top, then over the top coming down, very steep . Not to mention the overswing and really fast tempo.

I don't know if you swing that fast or it's the camera, but i bet you don't take long to play 18. The backswing needs work, that's plenty to start with. The instructors can give you some guidance on what to work on. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Club whipped inside then lifted to the top, then over the top coming down, very steep . Not to mention the overswing and really fast tempo.

ahh.... so it's not too bad then :D

I don't know if you swing that fast or it's the camera

those three :
club speed 98 / 96 / 96 mph
AOA -3.1 / -3.0 / -2.8
FACE -1.5 / -3.2 / -1.3
PATH -6.8 / -3.9 / -7.1
DYN LOFT 24.7 / 20.1 / 23.4
HSP -8.6 / -5.0 / -8.1
SMASH 1.32 / 1.36 / 1.33
SIDE 3.3R / 9.1 L / 4.6R meters

i bet you don't take long to play 18.

euhh...... If the timing is off I will have biggest slice you ever seen and I'll spend the 5 minutes in the woods trying to find the ball :eek:

greenfree

Banned
I still think i'd like to play 18 with you even if a few times it's a ball hunt, i include myself in that. It still would be a fairly quick 18, and i like your sense of humor.

Since you have been doing the twistaway moves - how different does your swing feel?

My guess is that it doesn't feel that different from your normal swing...if you were really doing something different it would feel difficult and odd and you would not be able to swing at 1000 mph (kph if you will) with a 7 iron!!!

Take a pitching wedge - do some half swings and slowly so that you are conscious of all the twistaway moves and sustain them on both backswing and downswing (really overdo it if you need to just to feel how weird it is to do something different) ...if you really twistaway and retain your current path then you will smother some hooks left...that will at least show you that you closed the face.

Then you have to learn to alter you path....stop the video after transition...see how your hands would have smashed Hogan's pain of glass on every shot....that hand path is the way that your crazy open clubface requires to get the ball into some kind of fairway....maybe not the fairway you intended but at least somone's fairway....

So then you learn to leave the hands at the top a little....don't smash the glass...and you still hold the twistaway...then you get your rewards...

Take advice with a pinch of salt from this well meaning englishman ;) I am keen amateur not some pro! but I have done my share of twistaway so I know how it feels!

Shame we have no Frenchman in the Ryder Cup this year - I liked Thomas Levet and the young french guys are even better. Good luck!

Since you have been doing the twistaway moves - how different does your swing feel?

My guess is that it doesn't feel that different from your normal swing...if you were really doing something different it would feel difficult and odd and you would not be able to swing at 1000 mph (kph if you will) with a 7 iron!!!

it does not feel different, but shanks and tops all the way. Speed is down with more then 20 mph. Main issue with the twist away is that I can't do it with the left hand and need support for it with the right hand. That creates major issues because currently my right hand is only active during the take away and not during the downswing.

Together with the neutral grip and the twistaway I will have a painfull left hand thumb after 4 swings, somehow something (right hand ???) creates some heavy force on the left thumb.

Take a pitching wedge - do some half swings and slowly so that you are conscious of all the twistaway moves and sustain them on both backswing and downswing (really overdo it if you need to just to feel how weird it is to do something different) ...if you really twistaway and retain your current path then you will smother some hooks left...that will at least show you that you closed the face.

Then you have to learn to alter you path....stop the video after transition...see how your hands would have smashed Hogan's pain of glass on every shot....that hand path is the way that your crazy open clubface requires to get the ball into some kind of fairway....maybe not the fairway you intended but at least somone's fairway....

So then you learn to leave the hands at the top a little....don't smash the glass...and you still hold the twistaway...then you get your rewards...

Thanks for the idea, will try the twistaway with the PW

Do it as slow as you need for it to feel weird - only then will you have made the change.

Use your right hand and forearm to apply the twistaway....don't try to initiate it with the left.

Feel the twistaway all through the downswing ...with the right hand and forearm doing the twisting away.

keep doing it!

greenfree

Banned
Fix the takeaway/ backswing. Start there. Club is way inside and behind you, it forces that d.s.

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
1) setup is bad, not enough waist bend at all
2) overswing in the backswing
3) right shoulder actually appears UNDER plane in the video even though club is coming in obviously over the top

NSA is really what you need to employ...i just don't think you are doing everything in the video. IF you did your setup would look different for one.

Old cam so maybe you don't like the quality. If it good enough let me know I. It's my "stock swing" with an iron 7 DTL

I have the trackman data for those three shots.

I had most of the same problem(s) you are having. It can be fixed by especially following Jim's advice and NSA.

You have Trackman at your house? Nice set up.

Last edited:
1) setup is bad, not enough waist bend at all

Big thank you! Just tried that together with the NSA and it solved the shanks, the tops and the trouble with the left thumb.

NSA is really what you need to employ...i just don't think you are doing everything in the video. IF you did your setup would look different for one.

The video was just my stock swing so no NSA at all.

Problem that i'm facing (with some more waist bend) is that when applying the twistaway the path gets more outside (-15) and either the club is -6 or +6

Status
Not open for further replies.