OCTOBER 10, 2006 — 7:00 EDT — LIVE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Brian

Thanks again for hosting this informative session.

Just to clear up a little confusion on the STT takeaway (ala Snead) - you said that this would put the club a little on the inside (and under the shaft plane) at start up.

Can I assume from that that you do not necessarily have to be on one of the planes (ie pointing at the plane line) throughout the swing?

It would be okay to be under going back, shift to the TSP at start down and then to any other plane between TSP and Elbow prior to impact?

Thanks - Bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
Can I assume from that that you do not necessarily have to be on one of the planes (ie pointing at the plane line) throughout the swing?

You are ALWAYS ON PLANE.

Because the clubshaft IS THE PLANE.

You just can have a different "line" on the backswing.

:)

thanks Brian...I thought you ignored my request!

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to be more consistent?
Lets say someone who hits it reasonably straight and pure 8/10 shots...but only so-so for the other 2 shots...

Would you change their pattern, or keep the same pattern, but just increase the precision?

Plane line

So at some point or at any point in the swing (except when the club is parallel to the ground, the shaft would not necessarily point at the original plane line.

Bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
What advice would you give to somebody who wants to be more consistent?
Lets say someone who hits it reasonably straight and pure 8/10 shots...but only so-so for the other 2 shots...

Would you change their pattern, or keep the same pattern, but just increase the precision?

I'd have to see it, but I probably make a pattern "adjustment" and then if that didn't do it, I'd change the practice program to something more PRECISE than just hiiting balls, like the GOLFTEK machine.

By the way, I think using MSN messenger for future chat sessions will be nice...you can use the conference function...even have webcams...all you need is to download the software

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
So at some point or at any point in the swing (except when the club is parallel to the ground, the shaft would not necessarily point at the original plane line.

Bruce

I am talking about the BACKSWING.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
By the way, I think using MSN messenger for future chat sessions will be nice...you can use the conference function...even have webcams...all you need is to download the software

I am looking into a long-tern solution. Thanks Leo, we will have something in place soon.

so-so

Tongzilla -

As far as playing well, 8 out of 10 "good" and 2 'so-so" is a great % of good. The key is hitting the good ones in the scoring distance (150 yds in). I just need to know which side my so-sos tend to be on to allow for it. It usually does not make a bit of difference to to your score if you hit a good shot with a 5 iron (maybe 25 - 30 feet) or a so-so to 60 feet - probably going to make par with both. Hate to hit a so so from 50 yards - that can cost a stroke.

Bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
The shaft only needs to point ROUGHLY at the plane line in the backswing...

Needs to????

Doesn't NEED TO do anything on the backswing.

You are simply getting the MACHINE ready and in position for the first move down—which is something to think about.

When you are cross the line—so to speak—there is MORE TO LOAD.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.