OCTOBER 10, 2006 — 7:00 EDT — LIVE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
denny1953 said:
Left arm relationship to plane on backswing. Let's say half way back.

I like it.

I also teach MULTIPLE BALL POSITIONS, but when I taught ONE, everyone HIT IT purer and has SNAP releases.

They had to.

Brian Manzella said:
IT IS INSIDE EVEN THE HANDS-ONLY PLANE LEO!!!!

He won 84 TOURnaments....
You must've had students that take it back more inside than that...
You make it sound as if he took it WAAAY inside...ok, it's a bit inside...but not that much. If you have a pure down the line view photo (NOT the one shown here), you will see that the hands haven't actually moved that much inside compared to where the hands were at address...
I am watching snead video hitting an iron...I traced the path of this hands, and it looks pretty good to me...

Brian Manzella said:
I like it.

I also teach MULTIPLE BALL POSITIONS, but when I taught ONE, everyone HIT IT purer and has SNAP releases.

They had to.
I know you know, but just for the rest...

One ball position relative to the FEET, not to the left shoulder (low point)...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
You must've had students that take it back more inside than that...
You make it sound as if he took it WAAAY inside...ok, it's a bit inside...but not that much. If you have a pure down the line view photo (NOT the one shown here), you will see that the hands haven't actually moved that much inside compared to where the hands were at address...
I am watching snead video hitting an iron...I traced the path of this hands, and it looks pretty good to me...

Why are you ALWAYS trying to BUST ME, Leo?

;)

I am pretty good at what I do, ya know. :)

STT

The STT feels like a more natural move to me (I have been working on what I feel is a RFT).

I do not feel much rotation of the left arm/wrist with a STT (clubface does not get to 'lay on the plane' early.

Clubface would still be slightly "shut" at waist high - not toe up.

Clubface would be slightly shut at top with a FLW, but I am not uncomfortable with a slightly bent LW at top and then flattening it on the way down.

I would feel a slightly 'arched' LW at impact.

Sound like a good pattern?

bruce

Brian, is it okay or normal to have the left and right wrist fully uncocked at address. I'm starting to hit the ball great this way and would like your thoughts. thanks

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
I know you know, but just for the rest...

One ball position relative to the FEET, not to the left shoulder (low point)...

No.

I have EVEN taught it as one ball position RELATIVE to the SHOULDER!!!!

Got a question about your Twistaway thing...

Is it common to find students PUSHING the ball when they start using the twistaway? What do you do to fix it?

Brian, you were talking earlier about WHY cross line would work for some swingers....I'd like to learn more...also, can you explain why laid-off also works very well for some swingers too?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
shortgamer said:
Brian, is it okay or normal to have the left and right wrist fully uncocked at address. I'm starting to hit the ball great this way and would like your thoughts. thanks

Why not?

I know some guys that teach it that way, and the SWEAR it works.

Sorta Moe Norman.

It is EASIER than the HANDS ONLY PLANE for sure, but, I am partial to THROUGH THE WAIST with LEVEL WRISTS.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
Got a question about your Twistaway thing...

Is it common to find students PUSHING the ball when they start using the twistaway? What do you do to fix it?

Better ATHLETES do get some PUSH ball behavior....it's the ARCHED wrist thing.

Either more roll or less twist with more roll will fix it.

Brian Manzella said:
No.

I have EVEN taught it as one ball position RELATIVE to the SHOULDER!!!!

That either means:

You teach SAME stance width from wedge to driver. (yuk)

OR...

You teach wider stance width for longer clubs, so the ball will have to be way outside your left heel when using a wedge (yuk)...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
The STT feels like a more natural move to me (I have been working on what I feel is a RFT).

I do not feel much rotation of the left arm/wrist with a STT (clubface does not get to 'lay on the plane' early.

Clubface would still be slightly "shut" at waist high - not toe up.

Clubface would be slightly shut at top with a FLW, but I am not uncomfortable with a slightly bent LW at top and then flattening it on the way down.

I would feel a slightly 'arched' LW at impact.

Sound like a good pattern?

bruce

The STT or the RFT?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
tongzilla said:
That either means:

You teach SAME stance width from wedge to driver. (yuk)

OR...

You teach wider stance width for longer clubs, so the ball will have to be way outside your left heel when using a wedge (yuk)...

LEO< why are you always trying to BUST me???

BTW, you are missing one....

compression

Hi Guys,
Great website Brian... Hit my irons pretty well, solid 9/10 times, nice divots, adequate power, but have never heard the sound of compression that I've heard at pro tournaments! I've tried most all of the great stuff on the site - presently focusing on keeping Right wrist bent past impact, but really really want to hear that loud CRACK!! Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

Fully uncocked wrists?

When I am swinging well, I am never aware (or sense) that my wrists ever get past "level" at followthough. If I work on the range at fully uncocking at the low point, I hit the ball worse.

bruce

Brian Manzella said:
LEO< why are you always trying to BUST me???

BTW, you are missing one....
You want me to say, "oh Brian, I love you, you are the best and you are always right"? That would sound fake, and there will be no discussion. Boring.
It's not like I'm busting you...which implies you are actually WRONG, or I'm calling you fat or something....I'm trying to find out more by asking questions...which I think are perfectly valid...no? So stop moaning and answer my questions!

Btw, in case I sound too cocky...I appreciate your time and effort in conducting these chat sessions...

STT

Brian - pattern was for STT

For the RFT, I would get the clubface 'opening' early and then just lifting the club up with the cocking of the RF. Hips and Shoulders would be 'pulled' to the top/end postion.

bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
wayers said:
Hi Guys,
Great website Brian... Hit my irons pretty well, solid 9/10 times, nice divots, adequate power, but have never heard the sound of compression that I've heard at pro tournaments! I've tried most all of the great stuff on the site - presently focusing on keeping Right wrist bent past impact, but really really want to hear that loud CRACK!! Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

SNAP RELEASE....I will post some UNBELIEVEABLE video of a lesson today with my STAR pupil.

She had a great big sweep release and we are SWITCHING her over now that TOURNAMENT season is over....WOW!

It really make me look good.

So, you are likely to be more like the BEFORE and need to be more lile the after.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
When I am swinging well, I am never aware (or sense) that my wrists ever get past "level" at followthough. If I work on the range at fully uncocking at the low point, I hit the ball worse.

bruce

Nothing wrong with that.

Lots of guys NEVER go to fully uncocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.