OCTOBER 10, 2006 — 7:00 EDT — LIVE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
homersson said:
I played with a guy today who used to be one of the country's top amateurs(He just played in the Crump Cup).
He couldn't hit a shot inside 40 yards.
Do you teach him basic motion swinging? Left arm only?
Rotella couldn't fix him...

He is MOVING HIS HANDS WITH HIS HANDS....

Swing the clubhead.....back and forth, forth and back.....

rwh

New
rwh said:
A little confused. Didn't think the arms were supposed to be moved independent of the Pivot.

Sorry, I meant the arms weren't supposed to be moved except by the Pivot

Thanks

Brian - thanks to you and all of the other participants on the chat tonite.

What a wonderful way to share ideas real time.

Bruce

blehnhard said:
Brian - thanks to you and all of the other participants on the chat tonite.

What a wonderful way to share ideas real time.

Bruce

I agree - thanks for bringing it forward to a reasonable Euro time!! Clearly no grudge felt after Ryder cup.... Thanks:)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
golfbulldog said:
What do you think of this youngster ? Birdieman posted his video on your site - I love the dynamic action he can hit it 400+ yards but his left arm bends in downswing sometime before release and pre-impact - and stays bent well into follow through. Left arm was dead straight at start down ( hands chest level - clubhead infront of head - ie. lag!!)

WHy?
Is there distance advantage? Like Vardon...
What would you do if the kid came ?

I like his swing.

I wouldn't CHANGE a thing.

I would teach him to hit all the shots I KNOW how to hit.

100's

Seems to me that the aiming pt concept is more than just trying to get the hands to impact location.

Also involves trigger types, axis tilt , endless belt,etc.
What do you think?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
homersson said:
Should he feel the clubhead? Hands? Pivot actuating everything?

Don't WORRY ABOUT the how...just back and forth....forth and back until he is BRUSHING the ground in the same place GOING and COMING....then stick a ball in there just before each FORWARD brush!!!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
denny1953 said:
Seems to me that the aiming pt concept is more than just trying to get the hands to impact location.

Also involves trigger types, axis tilt , endless belt,etc.
What do you think?

There is NO DOUBT that GETTING the downstroke to work, involves ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

Hi Brian, :) :)

I am hitting with a mixed bag. Was out today and hitting decently. Got some great compression with a hell of a cracking sound on some of the shots. I am having some problem with the hit reflex though. I practice swing with a perfect divot then when I go swing with the ball there I have a tendancy to hit it fat :( it is a constant struggle. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.