OCTOBER 3RD, 2006 — 8:00 EDT — LIVE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
rchang72 said:
Just my opinion, Brian, but it seems that much of what you are teaching and emphasizing in the pivot seems as a reaction to the hand/arm oriented teaching that you see currently on the web, and even the mainstream mags. I seem to remember a few years ago, when the vogue was all large body motion, you were the first I read about educating your hands. This sound about right?

You are very right, Roger.

I have heard that "The hands will dictate to the PIVOT"

...and that is the long-term goal...

But, in my 25 years on the tee...

Lots of PIVOTs aren't listening!

:)

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Bullneck said:
Brian,
Any update on the availability of the new videos?

Regi

I have a pre-release copy of the new NEVER SLICE AGAIN 2.0 in this computer....it is really good and I need to adjust the color and some graphics...web version will be UP real soon.

Post 14

Did not answer your question regarding the type of shots I hit with the 2 different takeaways.

Hit it better with the first method (elbow stays close in and then right elbow cocking moves the hands up the plane). Can hit it longer with the 2nd way (elbow moves away and right arm stays straighter longer) but get some ugly blocks to the right.

Thanks for hosting - Bruce

Speaking of ball position.......

Care to shed some light on this. I have tried the fixed ball position. Today, I was moving it back some with 5i and having better success.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Brian Manzella said:
I think golfers make the putter go out to right field too much and have to close the face as a result.

Good putters have clubface control and a CONSISTANT path.

I see a lot of people with aim/allignment issues...this causes a lot of path and face issues as well as vice versa.

Putter Question redoubt

Brian Manzella said:
I think golfers make the putter go out to right field too much and have to close the face as a result.

Good putters have clubface control and a CONSISTANT path.

What makes them swing out to right field too much? Trying to keep the putter head low, trying to swing on an arc, closed stance?

Jim S.

For swingers, the hands need to have experienced a good pivot and the pivot variations thhat produce different actions. Otherwise the are uneducated. Let's face it, swingers do not move in a way that the mind/body would normally want to move PP#3 to a specific point. Hitting is a different story...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
Did not answer your question regarding the type of shots I hit with the 2 different takeaways.

Hit it better with the first method (elbow stays close in and then right elbow cocking moves the hands up the plane). Can hit it longer with the 2nd way (elbow moves away and right arm stays straighter longer) but get some ugly blocks to the right.

Thanks for hosting - Bruce

Very similar to me.

I have some video to post up later tonight of YET ANOTHER swing I am learning (research, you see ;) )

It is very compact, but hits it shorter.

But very straight.

and Bruce, you are very welcome!

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Brian Manzella said:
You are very right, Roger.

You hear: "The hands will dictate to the PIVOT!!!"

But, in my 25 years on the tee...

Lots of PIVOTs aren't listening!

:)

So to the Flipper video?????

Billy Mayfair

Hey Brian - you could teach the old BM (not you) stroke as the antidote for the right field closed face stroke.

Bruce

Hmmm!

golfie said:
For swingers, the hands need to have experienced a good pivot and the pivot variations thhat produce different actions. Otherwise the are uneducated. Let's face it, swingers do not move in a way that the mind/body would normally want to move PP#3 to a specific point.
That is a good way of thinking about educating the hands. Do you mean the circular path of the hands?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
30yrlayoff said:
Care to shed some light on this. I have tried the fixed ball position. Today, I was moving it back some with 5i and having better success.

Here is an easy fix:

Club in the middle of your stance with a wedge—ball just left of the club.

Ball off your left heel for driver.

Move it up to this driver spot a little each club, but extra for the driver (teed up, you see).

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Thanks to all.

Folks,

I wish I could go longer, and I'll try for 90 minutes the next trip.

I really, really am thankful for all of your interest in my teaching, and in this site.

Have a wonderful evening!

BriManz

The ITALLIAN STALLION..............

Effectiveness of left shoulder focus

I find that Left shoulder up and back works better than right down and spinning. I believe that this is due to beneficial pivot results this produces (at least for me). Thinking of the right shoulder, while I can see the usefulness in terms of 3 dimensional impact, simply gives me a big pain in the back!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.