One Thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

footwedge

Finding out about Sasho MacKenzie and getting to talk to him about his research of the golfswing especially the shaft below the plane of the lead arm at the start of the d.s. for auto squaring of the clubface. Very cool guy for a scientist...lol.

Keeping a flexed left knee. I have a habit of trying to hit it hard with a straightening of my left knee and it creeps into my swing too early and throws my right hip out too far and causes loss of posture.

Finding out about Sasho MacKenzie and getting to talk to him about his research of the golfswing especially the shaft below the plane of the lead arm at the start of the d.s. for auto squaring of the clubface. Very cool guy for a scientist...lol.

Is this what that epic tumble thread is about?

A. Putting slack in my swing at the top
B. Getting the shaft under the plane of the handpath in the downswing

Automated squaring, baby!

Do you mean by slack:

1/ that the club doesn't move the instant you start the downswing OR
2/ that the club moves without the body moving at the start of the downswing

"Shaft under the hand path" = nice tumble, right? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

Hope you have time to answer, thanks.

I think he was implying that you might be taking steroids because of your distances you were hitting your nine iron.

Haha, don't think so. It probably has more to do with being 6 foot 4 inches, long arms, almost too much flexibility for golf... Ever since I sorted my slice I've been a long hitter. And that 165 yard nine iron was no good, it flew over the green and ended in a double bogey.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Do you mean by slack:

1/ that the club doesn't move the instant you start the downswing OR
2/ that the club moves without the body moving at the start of the downswing

"Shaft under the hand path" = nice tumble, right? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

Hope you have time to answer, thanks.

Slack so I can control not yanking the handle horizontally, i.e., so I can control my handpath.

Preparing the shaft under this hand route so it can automatically flop or tumble outward to the ball

lia41985

Do whatever you need to do to make the club do what the club needs to do to make the ball do what you want the ball to do. Keep up the great work.
Glad I could help, JW.

Here is the "ONE THING" that help my swing:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT....

• where my body goes in the backswing
• how my arms get to the top
• what my body does on the downswing except what it feels like in my belly and hands through impact with shots off of the ground, and the cut feel in my body with a driver.
• trying to lag it
• trying to throw it
• impact fix
• my plane
• my address position except for a mini-vague aim
• right or left side
• swinging or hitting

Really.

ambero

New
Here is the "ONE THING" that help my swing:

*where my body goes in the back swing *how my arms get to the top *right or left side *swinging or hitting

lia41985

Not really, but its as close as I can get
Can't possible be automated:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u-_gPuguPXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Compared to:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nTAoAcv4hE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hopefully everyone keeps this in mind:
In this optimized simulation, the model has no muscular torque acting about the forearm.
I.e. there's an assumption built into the model.

Last edited:
Brian has said many times that one thing in a golfers swing can be fixed and allow the golfers swing to start working properly.

Brian recently suggested that I try to keep my right side straighter and not get into right side bend so soon in the downswing. Being a chronic underplaner I am prone to hitting a lot of pull hooks and big pushes.

This "one thing" has me hitting the ball as well as I have ever hit it in my life. My scores and stats reflect this.

What is your "one thing" that helped your swing?

A NEW one thing. I added more waist bend and now I'm more relaxed and in better position to make the other moves I was TRYING to make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.