One Thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concept of hitting down. Until I had the 'eureka' moment of the downward strike, I was never able to maximize my results. With instruction, I had developed a very good action, but, mentally, I did not grasp the concept of 'hitting down' (and a little bit of out, as Brian says). Before I caught on to Brian's ideas, I read a book by a Canadian PGA pro, Clive Scarff; 'Hit Down, Dammit!'. Not trying to plug his book, but it unlocked a door for me. To this day, if I'm getting a little 'clanky', I remember to make myself 'hit down'.

I dunno Lindsey. I am just throwing stuff out there. Is this a tumble then? I am just trying to get a sense of what Sasho is saying in that link.
Please Enlighten! :)

To me, Sasho is pointing out that if the sweetspot gets under the sweetspot path it almost intuitively inspires you to tumble. Now if you call it reverse tumble to get it under, so you can than tumble back on top, then I'm in. I'm all for coming out of transition laid off, but never reverse tumbling after the downswing is underway.

Last edited:
Is Sasho not saying that laid off clubs tumble more assuming a handpath which stays relatively constant, and that tumbling leads to clubface closure?

Is Sasho not saying that laid off clubs tumble more assuming a handpath which stays relatively constant, and that tumbling leads to clubface closure?

That is how I read it as well. But more accurately it might be said that laid off clubs MUST tumble more. I see a lot of mid/high handicappers who lay it off and it stays that way and they fight shallow fats big time...

That is how I read it as well. But more accurately it might be said that laid off clubs MUST tumble more. I see a lot of mid/high handicappers who lay it off and it stays that way and they fight shallow fats big time...

This could only really be caused by hand path problems though, according to what Sasho says.

I tried laying it off in transition at the range last night and I was just pureing it. Wow. Just took that sucker up the wall, laid it off (felt crazy laid off) and the rest just felt on automatic pilot after that. No manipulation of the hands, arms anything. Just purity. Please let this continue God!

footwedge

I tried laying it off in transition at the range last night and I was just pureing it. Wow. Just took that sucker up the wall, laid it off (felt crazy laid off) and the rest just felt on automatic pilot after that. No manipulation of the hands, arms anything. Just purity. Please let this continue God!

Nice! Good to see it helped.

thx foot...i still have no idea why this works...so to fight underplane, i lay it off in transition??? it's kinda like that Seinfeld episode..."Sex...to save the friendship." me no get.

footwedge

thx foot...i still have no idea why this works...so to fight underplane, i lay it off in transition??? it's kinda like that Seinfeld episode..."Sex...to save the friendship." me no get.

That's funny. I was at the range yesterday and also had a really good session using it, who knew the thing that kills you also can save you???:cool:

My one thing was feeling the sweetspot of the club move out towards the ball from last parallel rather than swinging towards the target. Now I feel like I get a bit of reverse tumble at the start of the downswing then the sweetspot just gets thrown out towards the ball. Allowed me to FINALLY feel what a real release and tumble of the golf club felt like. I used to be overly obsessed with getting forward shaft lean which never allowed me to tumble or really rotate the LAFW enough into impact and close the face. Now I get to hear the wonderful click of a cleanly struck golf shot, watch as the ball draws about 5-10 feet, and enjoy the thrill of not hitting it fat every other shot.

Last edited:
That's funny. I was at the range yesterday and also had a really good session using it, who knew the thing that kills you also can save you???:cool:

Good stuff. Don't know if you felt the same way but I felt that I had to really slow my swing down or I really didn't feel the need to swing hard. It felt like after I did my thing in transition everything else just happened. The guy in the stall next to me even made a comment that my swing looked so easy and that he couldn't swing that light. This is such a weird change from my normal thrash at the ball. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.