pivot question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How juvenile you are....

well now you got me started ....

3D machines are the most accurate machines, with reagards to golf there is. they can measure any part of the body, at any time, from any angle of any and every player who goes on one. either you dont realise that, or you do and are doing a 'world is flat' act on us.

these machines have proven is that great players who hit the ball a long ways 'snap' their 'kinetic chain'. whether you want to call it that that is not important. they show that:
A. good players have deceleration of the lower body, then to an extent the shoulders and to a lesser extent the hands as they release and go through impact.
B. good players have open shoulders at impact.

this should be enough to prove to you that the 'kinetic chain' is correct and that teaching it and teaching the optimum time to, and where to, snap this chain is the best way of teaching this particular part of the golf swing.

you reference another teacher earlier who talks about the hammer throw. i dont understand this as the hammer throw is a great example of the kinetic chain snapping. why do you think hammer throwers cross their legs to throw the hammer?:rolleyes:

you also say how this teacher used to snap the chain, and now doesnt. he says it was because his body was stopping and causing flip. thats different. thats called quiting where the pivot stops and causes the player to throw the club at the ball.

in my opinion, you are an idiot to have so much evidence against what you believe to be true that it would make sense for you to accept that you were wrong and move on with the truth. its no biggie to be wrong and make mistakes.

and you were the one who said i was a frustrated quiter. not wanting to sound as juvenile as you, but you initiated the insult throwing. me, having seen what level you were opperating at, were merely responding in a way you would recognise

what happend to you taking a break from golf to clear your head? that includes not thinking about golf at all and surely not posting multiple times a day on this forum.

cant help myself. i havnt been to the course since that disaster round. and im not going to play for another few days or another week or two

off topic but i think brians great offer has kept me in the game. im just now taking time off from playing, to allow my game to recover, and brian offering to help me clear my mind mighty fast :D

actually I think pecky spelled it out really clearly for him, whether you want to call it "snaping the chain" or not, the 3D machine proves that all good players do this...
and he did it in a mature way in his last post.

Bronco Billy

Kinetic Chain Definition Question?????

A Chain Has Links.....How Many Links Does the Kinetic Chain Have? What are the Names and Functions of Each of These Links?

Let Me Guess a Couple of Links.... Please Correct Me if I am Wrong... I Guess the First Link is the Pivot..... I Guess the Last Link is Ball Contact.... I Guess the Link before the Last Link is the Club Release.....

Thanks for Any Comments.....

Ah... mandrin... I see you've stitch up your wounds and returned for more. Welcome back! You can at least speak the language of scientist (which is more than most) and we do even on occasion agree.
nmgolfer,

I will happily leave it up to you to animate the discussion. I am simply, passing by, noticing the unusual but intriguing tandem formed by you and Bronco Billy.

Obviously, both of you have a structural personality problem. Bronco Billy keeps forever shouting and you continuously belittling each and every person in view.

You keep promising mathematical models. One of these days perhaps it should be interesting if those sweet promises are finally coming into fruition. ;)

Keep trucking

nmgolfer

Mandrin why fly by
when you can land
and be edified
and finally understand... :)

Mandrin I name no names (except yours).
Like a mirror held before them,
People who take offense see themselves in my words.

This thread has attracted the lazy, those with an "entitlement attitude".
They think all should be given, on a sliver plater, simple because it can.

But there are no short cuts. No cheating is allowed. Telling someone details before he or she has acquired an understanding of the essential nature of a thing, makes it impossible for him to understand. A G once said, a man will attain knowledge only by his own efforts.

Lastly unlike yours, which are given freely, but useless or sometime wrong, my models are only for the worthy. Are you worthy? Won't you stay awhile? Parting is such sweet sorrow. :p

nmgolfer,

I will happily leave it up to you to animate the discussion. I am simply, passing by, noticing the unusual but intriguing tandem formed by you and Bronco Billy.

Obviously, both of you have a structural personality problem. Bronco Billy keeps forever shouting and you continuously belittling each and every person in view.

You keep promising mathematical models. One of these days perhaps it should be interesting if those sweet promises are finally coming into fruition. ;)

Keep trucking

nmgolfer

actually I think pecky spelled it out really clearly for him, whether you want to call it "snaping the chain" or not, the 3D machine proves that all good players do this...
and he did it in a mature way in his last post.

Post that proof then..

Put up or shut up.

All I see are empty words and opinions.

You know what they say (or maybe you don't)

Opinions are like ***holes; everybody has got one.

A Chain Has Links.....How Many Links Does the Kinetic Chain Have? What are the Names and Functions of Each of These Links?

Let Me Guess a Couple of Links.... Please Correct Me if I am Wrong... I Guess the First Link is the Pivot..... I Guess the Last Link is Ball Contact.... I Guess the Link before the Last Link is the Club Release.....

Thanks for Any Comments.....

Check this out.

http://www.advancedmotionmeasurement.com/Articles/KinematicSequence-TransitionandDownswing.pdf

Have Fun With Your New... Just kidding. Bad joke :)

"During the downswing in golf all body segments must accelerate and decelerate in the correct sequence with precise and specific timing so that the club arrives at impact accurately and with maximal speed. The most efficient sequence of motion for the major segments is: pelvis, thorax (upper body), arms and finally club. This motion must occur sequentially with each peak speed being faster but fractionally later than the previous one. This sequence reflects an efficient transfer of energy across each joint and facilitates an increase in energy from the proximal segment to the distal one. The muscles of each joint produce this increase in energy. On the other hand, if the timing of energy transfer is wrong, energy can be lost and hence speed will be lost; also if one body part has to compensation because another is not acting correctly then injury may result."

There is a graph on page 5 of the article that shows the difference between Ams and pros. At impact for the pro, everything in the chain has peaked and slowed down, except for the club.

I want to point out to NM that I think he's misunderstood what Brian and others are talking about when they speak of snapping the kinetic chain. What Clement pointed out as a flaw in that hammer throw video is not what is meant by snapping the chain. The subject of the above link is.

Bronco Billy

Thanks for the Link... At Least I Know What the Damn Thing is Now......

Check this out.

http://www.advancedmotionmeasurement.com/Articles/KinematicSequence-TransitionandDownswing.pdf

Have Fun With Your New... Just kidding. Bad joke :)

"During the downswing in golf all body segments must accelerate and decelerate in the correct sequence with precise and specific timing so that the club arrives at impact accurately and with maximal speed. The most efficient sequence of motion for the major segments is: pelvis, thorax (upper body), arms and finally club. This motion must occur sequentially with each peak speed being faster but fractionally later than the previous one. This sequence reflects an efficient transfer of energy across each joint and facilitates an increase in energy from the proximal segment to the distal one. The muscles of each joint produce this increase in energy. On the other hand, if the timing of energy transfer is wrong, energy can be lost and hence speed will be lost; also if one body part has to compensation because another is not acting correctly then injury may result."

There is a graph on page 5 of the article that shows the difference between Ams and pros. At impact for the pro, everything in the chain has peaked and slowed down, except for the club.

I want to point out to NM that I think he's misunderstood what Brian and others are talking about when they speak of snapping the kinetic chain. What Clement pointed out as a flaw in that hammer throw video is not what is meant by snapping the chain. The subject of the above link is.

Mandrin why fly by
when you can land
and be edified
and finally understand... :)

Mandrin I name no names (except yours).
Like a mirror held before them,
People who take offense see themselves in my words.

This thread has attracted the lazy, those with an "entitlement attitude".
They think all should be given, on a sliver plater, simple because it can.

But there are no short cuts. No cheating is allowed. Telling someone details before he or she has acquired an understanding of the essential nature of a thing, makes it impossible for him to understand. A G once said, a man will attain knowledge only by his own efforts.

Lastly unlike yours, which are given freely, but useless or sometime wrong, my models are only for the worthy. Are you worthy? Won't you stay awhile? Parting is such sweet sorrow. :p
nmgolfer,
Perhaps my ideas appear useless to you but a seasoned instructor such as Brian has publicly admitted being a better golfer/instructor cause my ideas. All I can see is that you’re solidly stuck ruminating in brown stuff and can’t seemingly maintain the discussion going on a more decent level. Pity, since you are obviously an intelligent chap. :)

Bronco Billy

Mandrin's One Lever Vs Two Lever Analysis is a Terrific Contribution.....

nmgolfer,
Perhaps my ideas appear useless to you but a seasoned instructor such as Brian has publicly admitted being a better golfer/instructor cause my ideas. All I can see is that you’re solidly stuck ruminating in brown stuff and can’t seemingly maintain the discussion going on a more decent level. Pity, since you are obviously an intelligent chap. :)

One Lever Vs Two Lever....

Status
Not open for further replies.