Redgoat's swing gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone come across a swing sequence of Cary Middlecoff? The former US Open Champion never ran out of right arm before impact. He demonstrates a pitch stroke basic, which I think viewing his impact alignments would help swingers.

EdZ

New
Knudson was on Shell's WW of Golf a couple times, if you can get a copy, you should - a very 'fluid' motion that stills don't do justice

quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

Has anyone come across a swing sequence of Cary Middlecoff? The former US Open Champion never ran out of right arm before impact. He demonstrates a pitch stroke basic, which I think viewing his impact alignments would help swingers.

I saw him in person a couple of times. You would need a lot of film to record his back swing or just take a break when he reached the top. He stayed there a l o n g time. Sometimes he stopped at the top and put the club back in the bag!
Once while following him, you could walk the fairways w/ the players, I dropped back to watch Tommy Bolt. Bolt was waiting on the tee of a par 3 while Cary was putting out on the same hole. Cary was even slower when putting, crouching and straighting up several/many times before actually putting. T Bolt said, " That gentleman is a slow SOB!"
Cary hit great shots.

ej20

New
quote:Originally posted by wally888

quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

I saw him in person a couple of times. You would need a lot of film to record his back swing or just take a break when he reached the top. He stayed there a l o n g time. Sometimes he stopped at the top and put the club back in the bag!
Once while following him, you could walk the fairways w/ the players, I dropped back to watch Tommy Bolt. Bolt was waiting on the tee of a par 3 while Cary was putting out on the same hole. Cary was even slower when putting, crouching and straighting up several/many times before actually putting. T Bolt said, " That gentleman is a slow SOB!"
Cary hit great shots.
His excuse for being so slow was that he had a lot of allergies...and he complained that Nicklaus was just as slow,but because he won so much,nobody dared critizise him.

Redgoat

Peter Jacobsen swing if you can. Dig his simple motion.

You have built a terrific resource for us swing junkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.