Ryder Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
...And as there's a good mix of Europeans and American lads here, anybody have any strong feelings about what will happen at Medinah?
Should be a fair old brou ha ha and'll be compelling viewing...

Let's hope that wasn't a dress rehearsal for the atmosphere on the course.

I don't know how anyone can call a Ryder Cup now. Form went out the window years ago. But almost my favourite cup memory is Darren Clarke and DLIII sharing cigars and watching the other games come in, so here's hoping for some more of that sportsmanship.

Let's hope that wasn't a dress rehearsal for the atmosphere on the course.

I don't know how anyone can call a Ryder Cup now. Form went out the window years ago. But almost my favourite cup memory is Darren Clarke and DLIII sharing cigars and watching the other games come in, so here's hoping for some more of that sportsmanship.

Amen brutha.

Let's hope it goes to the last putt of the last singles match on Sunday, and the winner is a guy that holes a snaker, not the beneficiary of a bad mistake that haunts somebody

Medinah is very long, favours a draw (or a fade for Leftys) and there is no rough.....sounds a bit like Augusta.

Therefore, my picks to do well (versus the bookies odds) are:

US: Bubba and Phil
Europe: Rory and Sergio.

Slightly favouring Bubba and Rory.

The US Team has 1/2 of the major champions from '12 on their team, and for the opening session, 1/2 of the major champions from '12 on their bench. What???? (Insert Hal Sutton shot here)

Michael Phelps, Justin Timberlake, Bill Murray? I don't think these guys should be involved in the Ryder Cup. Murray dressing and acting like a clown. Once a year at Pebble Beach is enough of that. You will never see this stuff at Augusta.

It's understandable. Phelps is the next victim of the Haney Project - shown on TGC. Timberlake is the only celebrity who hosts a tour stop - shown on TGC. Murray stared in the most popular movie about golf - shown on TGC. I'm much more offended by a couple of the B-listers they (TGC) trot out as hosts/experts.

This whole shindig is still an exhibition, an all-star game with flags. The promoters (PGA/TGC) have 4 days of fluff and crowd entertainment to provide. Every sport's all-star game has degraded into an all-star week. It's hard to justify charging top dollar if the only thing you're giving them on a Tuesday is 12 guys playing 9 holes of hit and giggle. The athletic crowd gets to see the winningest Olympian of all time, the blue hairs get to see a little Hollywood by way of Bushwood CC, and the 25-55 year old Euro males (the largest paying iTunes demographic for 'N Sync songs) finally get to hum "Bye Bye Bye" with pride. It's a win/win for everybody. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.