The "Dariusz J." Swing Theories Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

OK, several days gone and it's quiet here in the thread - therefore, I'd like to thank everyone on the Forum (special thanks to Brian, of course) for hosting my ideas. As said before, I am at further disposal and I apologize for letting my fans down :D and not evoking such interest as e.g. on the other forum.
Thanks God it's Friday ! Cheers all !

Maybe this has run its course. I've said what I think on a couple of issues and don't really want to continue to flog those particular horses. But whereas there was clearly some disagreement on which swings might be good illustrations or models for a biomechanically sounds swing, and more disagreement on what the end result should be - it struck me that there might still be a large middle ground of material to explore that might be both interesting and uncontentious (or at least less contentious).

Dariusz - if you've invested as much time as I think you have in researching your theories, then you must surely have amassed quite a bibliography of basic movement efficiency, motor learning, force production research - much of which is presumably based on peer-reviewed research.

I think it might be really interesting to take a step back from your conclusions and guide us through some of what you think are the most important tested and validated scientific principles, papers, books etc (perhaps not specifically golf-related) and show how you then derived your biokinetic principles for the golf swing.

In some ways, I'm thinking of a biomechanical parallel to what Jorgenson did with newtonian physics. A kind of a case study - starting with conventional and accepted science, and then showing the application to golf.

I doubt whether everyone will ultimately agree with the choices and interpretations that you make - but going back a stage or two in the process of your reasoning might (a) move the discussion to some points around which most reasonably people might actually agree; (b) clarify just where some of our disagreements arise; and (c) introduce us to some important science that might otherwise be passing us by.

Dariusz J.

Maybe this has run its course.

And that's why I decided to make a final note with thanks :)

Dariusz - if you've invested as much time as I think you have in researching your theories, then you must surely have amassed quite a bibliography of basic movement efficiency, motor learning, force production research - much of which is presumably based on peer-reviewed research.

I think it might be really interesting to take a step back from your conclusions and guide us through some of what you think are the most important tested and validated scientific principles, papers, books etc (perhaps not specifically golf-related) and show how you then derived your biokinetic principles for the golf swing.

I used a lot of Polish medical and simple physics books from which the best and the most expensive one (my wife's property) is the Atlas of Movement Rehabilitation.
I used a lot of internet sources as well; here are exemplary links if you're interested:
Biomechanics
Body segments and masses
CERVICAL SPINE ANIMATIONS
Common Postural Deficiencies
Effect of Stance Width on Multidirectional Postural Responses -- Henry et al. 85 (2): 559 -- Journal of Neurophysiology
Eye And Hand Dominance – Baseball Performance|Psyched Online
Wisconsin Workers Compensation - How to Evaluate Permanent Disability

etc. etc.

Cheers

There were a lot of BS arguments used against you!

I'm not sold on your stance or grip, but I can definitely agree that a rotary swing where you minimize unnecessary motion works.

I don't need a biomechanist to tell me what works! I've been successfully tinkering with this kind of motion for 4 months. I agree that it takes less practice to make this form of swing work. I've some loss distance, but gained a TON of accuracy --- fair trade. I started with 3 goals: Look like Hogan at impact, Finish like Hogan, and hit a fade.

Your research should include you testing your theory on a large sample size of golfers (high handicappers). Ideas are worthless, implementation is everything!

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

There were a lot of BS arguments used against you!

I got used to it ;)

I'm not sold on your stance or grip, but I can definitely agree that a rotary swing where you minimize unnecessary motion works.

Most probably because you're not a beginner but a good player. The stance forces the beginner to use a rotary motion while the grip gives a better potential to achieve lag and somehow prevents from flipping as well.

Your research should include you testing your theory on a large sample size of golfers (high handicappers). Ideas are worthless, implementation is everything!

True.

Cheers

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The End.

The "Dariusz J." Swing Theories Thread.

Here is why we locked it up for good.

"Dariusz J." blew off every single thing written about it. He debated NOBODY.

Including me.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.