The "Dariusz J." Swing Theories Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, and where and how far can I want to go with it ? Think - I am an amateur hacker, not only from 3rd world but rather from the a 6th world golf country; I am not rich enough to run professional studies, I have no time to do it because I need to work almost everyday. This is simply my hobby - I am proud of being able to discuss it with great golfers and great instructors here and there - if it occurs on open golf fora - the better, since everyone can have unlimited access to it.
And my proofs...it is my game, my son's game and several golfers of various HCP (starting from +4) who confirmed that my theories are not junk.
If someone important (a scientist or whomever) would like to cooperate seriously - I am at disposal with my limited knowledge. If not, helping fellow golfers is a good award as well.

Cheers

I guess I wanted more. I don't think what you have presented is "new" and revolutionary information. I think every golf instructor is trying to do the same thing as you are, you may just be doing some more human mechanics research.

Dariusz J.

I certainly understand and appreciate where you are saying.

I do think it would be helpful if you could gather what you think is appropriate and put it down in "one document" and post it on your site. It might save you some time in answering the same questions put in a different wrapper, for example. Perhaps you are still gathering info and are not ready to do that. I don't know.

No, I am ready for 95% or even more. I am too weak to go at soft structure (muscular/ligamental level). I may toy more with angles in diiagonal stance a bit more and mastering the control over lead knee joint straightrening rate at impact.
Although I am active only on 2 foras now (and do not plan to participate on others unless being convinced to do so) that I regard as the most objective (therefore, it's not a big deal to dig into the material again), I will take into account your advices as regards preparing a short resume. Thanks.

I guess I wanted more. I don't think what you have presented is "new" and revolutionary information. I think every golf instructor is trying to do the same thing as you are, you may just be doing some more human mechanics research.

Never said it's new. It would be extreme arrogancy and stupidity to say so - even if a lot of people made money in golf instruction on presenting old things...LOL. Moreover, I claim myself it's pretty old but gathered together and researched from biophysical point of view.

Have a great weekend :)

Dariusz J.

OK great.

So now someone is in your ideal setup position.

Then what?

What starts the motion?

What, if any, thoughts are required during the swing?

The swing motion is a compilation of compression and expansion phases that occur in a proper sequence from the ground up (see the visualizations on my forum). For easier understanding and remembering, it is to be pointed out that:
expansion phase = conscious pulling motion via the body side corresponding to the direction of the motion (e.g. backswing expansion via the rear side of the body, downswing expansion via the lead side of the body, follow-through expansion via the lead side of the body);
compression phase = unconscious pushing motion via the body side corresponding to the direction of the motion thanks to gained inertia (e.g. transition compression via the lead side having inertia and approaching the firm rear side; impact compression via the rear side having inertia and approaching the firm lead side, final compression via the rear side having inertia and approaching the firm lead side).

The only one exception is the trigger compression that is a deliberate pushing motion against the firm lead side just to rock on the swing.

If everything is done properly at setup, one just needs to compress the rear side at the firm lead side and benefit from the gained inertia. It's crucial to know here that the rear leg joints (ankle + knee) preset forces the rear hip joint to go up and back, thus, one does not really need to think about anything. The rear side (between hip and shoulder joints) will lead the backswing.

Cheers

This is perhaps the most arid, unhelpful thread on this forum. Yes, there are moments when a comment strikes a chord but whatever happened to parsimony?

For me it boils down to just nailing that ball - and making those adjustments that help you to nail it harder. Does anyone think that Hogan was analysing his biomechanics when he made that huge pivot back and through and absolutely mashed that egg at the target?

Thanks,

Drew Yallop

The swing motion is a compilation of compression and expansion phases that occur in a proper sequence from the ground up (see the visualizations on my forum). For easier understanding and remembering, it is to be pointed out that:
expansion phase = conscious pulling motion via the body side corresponding to the direction of the motion (e.g. backswing expansion via the rear side of the body, downswing expansion via the lead side of the body, follow-through expansion via the lead side of the body);
compression phase = unconscious pushing motion via the body side corresponding to the direction of the motion thanks to gained inertia (e.g. transition compression via the lead side having inertia and approaching the firm rear side; impact compression via the rear side having inertia and approaching the firm lead side, final compression via the rear side having inertia and approaching the firm lead side).

The only one exception is the trigger compression that is a deliberate pushing motion against the firm lead side just to rock on the swing.

If everything is done properly at setup, one just needs to compress the rear side at the firm lead side and benefit from the gained inertia. It's crucial to know here that the rear leg joints (ankle + knee) preset forces the rear hip joint to go up and back, thus, one does not really need to think about anything. The rear side (between hip and shoulder joints) will lead the backswing.

Cheers

So your thought to initiate the swing is literally "expand the rear side?"

Dariusz J.

This is perhaps the most arid, unhelpful thread on this forum. Yes, there are moments when a comment strikes a chord but whatever happened to parsimony?

For me it boils down to just nailing that ball - and making those adjustments that help you to nail it harder. Does anyone think that Hogan was analysing his biomechanics when he made that huge pivot back and through and absolutely mashed that egg at the target?

Thanks,

Drew Yallop

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion about the tread. Most probably you are right, but I personally have already rolled a curtain of mercy on your comments.

So your thought to initiate the swing is literally "expand the rear side?"

Yes, Sir. Or better said, to "catch" the inertia that has been created by a previous (in this case, trigger) conpression.

Cheers

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion about the tread. Most probably you are right, but I personally have already rolled a curtain of mercy on your comments.

Yes, Sir. Or better said, to "catch" the inertia that has been created by a previous (in this case, trigger) conpression.

Cheers

And what's that like a waggle or forward press?

greenfree

Banned

Cheers

Would that be like pushing a child on a swing set? If you understand what i'm saying. You use the energy you have created on the push/pull back to initiate the push forward.

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

Would that be like pushing a child on a swing set? If you understand what i'm saying. You use the energy you have created on the push/pull back to initiate the push forward.

YES.

To all: observe how the best ballstrikers had ALWAYS a rocking-on motion; remember Harvey Penick's pouring out the water out of the bucket move ?
The truth is (why I am sharing all my secrets...LOL) when one trigger compresses in order to rock on the motion it excludes the firm (i.e. lead side in this moment) to lead the next motion. Try it !
And forget all forward presses done by the hands alone - the trigger compression is being done also from the ground up. Geez, and all this does not need 2350 repetitions to master it !

Cheers

ej20

New
DJ I admire your efforts but your goals are way too high and perhaps a little naive.Hogan also believed that any golfer can break 80 by just performing a few "fundamental" moves as outlined in 5 lessons.He failed.

Just because something has worked for you,your son and a few internet associates so far is still 99.9999999% removed from "any golfer".You are going to need a much bigger success rate to convince anyone.

Dariusz J.

I would like to say that the initial move (I call it trigger compression - pressing forward via the rear side of the body) makes it very difficult or even impossible that the backswing is then being led by the lead side (lead side pushing) - which is a very important thing. IMO, many errors in the golf swing motion are caused by using improper side of the body in the sagittal plane.
Many great golfers of yesteryear used their own triggers; nowadays, I can rarely see it and I wonder why such an important thing so much underrated.

Cheers

I would like to say that the initial move (I call it trigger compression - pressing forward via the rear side of the body) makes it very difficult or even impossible that the backswing is then being led by the lead side (lead side pushing) - which is a very important thing. IMO, many errors in the golf swing motion are caused by using improper side of the body in the sagittal plane.
Many great golfers of yesteryear used their own triggers; nowadays, I can rarely see it and I wonder why such an important thing so much underrated.

Cheers

Good post.

But I'm still a little lost on specifically what the "trigger compression" is. Are you talking a cork screw of the back foot in the ground like Sevam? Something else? Can you point us to a video of Hogan or someone else demonstrating it? Thanks

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

No, no. This is the move towards the target used to rock on the swing.
Actually, if you observe Hogan, you can see a rear knee movement targetwise; Snead had more pronounced one - he rocked both legs and hips; DeVincenzo had a similar move to Hogan, etc.

---------------------
So, if we assume that this motion excludes the possibility of lead side pushing during the backswing (in fact it only limits it, but let's theoretize for a second) - isn't it a great small example of automating the motion, at least in this aspect ? ;)

Cheers

Brian Manzella

Administrator
This thread is going nowhere.

I would like to tape a segment with "Dariusz J." we could do as part of a live feed like the Sunday night shows on UStream.

Other than that, I am through with it.

Dariusz J.

This thread is going nowhere.

I would like to tape a segment with "Dariusz J." we could do as part of a live feed like the Sunday night shows on UStream.

Other than that, I am through with it.

I am at your full disposal, Brian - but what does "part of a live feed like the Sunday night shows on UStream" mean ?

And I agree that I somehow fail to evoke a bigger interest here on your Forum. Seems it's too microscale-oriented which is not any pejorative meaning, I'd like to emphasize.

Juz czas zebysmy pogadali!

Z wielką przyjemnością ! :)

Cheers

What was the point of this thread?

The goal is to look like this at impact:

2nvt7rq.jpg

The above impact usually produces a finish that looks like this:

vrq1vo.jpg

Many ignorant Hogan fans blast him for suggesting that we set our arms like this:

14a90ux.png

Setting or arms like above makes it easier to have a a backswing that looks like this:

5mmgsi.jpg

Now we rotate through impact like this:

2nvt7rq.jpg

The secret is NOT trying to perfectly imitate someone else's swing... Aim for Hogan's impact conditions, and play better golf.

Or you can add an extra spike, do the "MOVE", use his secret pivot motion, and use your right knee in some fancy way...

I call confirmation bias what golf researchers and keyboard jockeys call SCIENCE...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.