Tiger Disqualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Only if you go from the point of entry and keep that point and the flag in line. If you don't choose that option (which he didn't), you replay the shot from as near as possible the original spot

Thanks, I assumed it was from where it crossed not where it entered after the ball hit the flagstick. My bad.

Glass House rule invoked again: Let he who has never broken a rule or incorrectly understood one while playing in the Masters when tied for the lead with 8 million people watching come forth. I am PGA certified in the rules and I have broken them in tournaments because I was too caught up in the moment. Ignorance is no excuse, I'm just saying it mightr be easier to do than some think. That's why theres a rules official on EVERY HOLE of the masters "toonament"...

Rules Officials

DCGOLF....I don't know the answer to this...just asking. Are you sure they have rules officials on every hole? At the Fred Ridley press conference on Saturday, I think I heard one of the reporters ask him why he didn't have rules officials on every hole. He didn't really answer specifically...just said it was something they would look into.

DCGOLF....I don't know the answer to this...just asking. Are you sure they have rules officials on every hole? At the Fred Ridley press conference on Saturday, I think I heard one of the reporters ask him why he didn't have rules officials on every hole. He didn't really answer specifically...just said it was something they would look into.

I thought I read somwhere there were only 8 officials on the whole course...maybe I was dreaming. Can't find it anywhere.

No Im not sure. My friend, Dick Smith, used to do 15 and at that time im pretty sure there was one on every hole. A number of the members are certified. So you'd think that between the PGA, USGA and the committee they should be able to get a boatload. Who doesnt want a good seat for that show? I'll check though. I think too we've talked about parallax issues with video, it is difficult to tell from TV what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.