TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think should teach him?

that's a good question. pete cowen is first guy i'd talk too if i was tiger don't know if i'd hire him as coach but definitely i'd talk to him about driving the golf ball.

you want i guy that's been around a while and helped players find their game again.

tiger couldn't control that guy and he will definitely tell you what he thinks.

Last edited:
that's a good question. pete cowen is first guy i'd talk too if i was tiger don't know if i'd hire him as coach but definitely i'd talk to him about driving the golf ball.

you want i guy that's been around a while and helped players find there game again.

tiger couldn't control that guy and he will definitely tell you what he thinks.

Excellent answer. Yeah.

Leroy

New
say what you want about butch and steve williams - i love neither- but they would get in tiger's face and tell him somethings he may not want to hear. that's what tiger needs.who is filling that void? como?
joe? notay? i think not. brian said no one talks about how much tiger and como get along.... tiger doesn't need a buddy he needs a coach that will get in his face and say dial it down with the drive and see what happens.

como is gone.

Thanks for you insight on what Tiger needs. You must be close with Tiger to know first hand how Butch and Steve told "him some things he may not want to hear".

Keep the posts coming- they are great!

Thanks for you insight on what Tiger needs. You must be close with Tiger to know first hand how Butch and Steve told "him some things he may not want to hear".

Keep the posts coming- they are great!

yeah like the only way to know that you'd have to be close to tiger :confused:

i bet if como wasn't brian's friend some people on here would be singing a different tune about him

oh the shame of it.....shame. SMH :)

i bet if como wasn't brian's friend some people on here would be singing a different tune about him

I think it's round the other way, you are "banging on" about Como to somehow have a go at Brian/his teaching.

Why don't you have a go at Butch Harmon, look at Mickelson's driving, it's nearly as bad as Tiger's and how long must they have been working on that? Or Dustin Johnson's wedge play which Harmon even said on Sky last night was bad.

I think the old 80:20 principle applies, maybe 20% is down to coaching but 80% being due to what is going on between the player's ears when he is inside the ropes.

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick but it strikes me that the reason you keep "banging on" about Como is to somehow have a go at Brian/his teaching.

Why don't you have a go at Butch Harmon, look at Mickelson's driving, it's nearly as bad as Tiger's and how long must they have been working on that? Or Dustin Johnson's wedge play which Harmon even said on Sky last night was bad.

I think it's round the other way, you are "banging on" about Como to somehow have a go at Brian/his teaching.

I think the old 80:20 principle applies, maybe 20% is down to coaching but 80% being due to what is going on between the player's ears when he is inside the ropes.

ii have no idea what brian teaches nor do i care to know

brian said it was silly that i was saying tiger should leave como. now i wonder if he still thinks it's silly?

not only was it not silly he knows it's going to happen.

i am so sure tiger is leaving como that i will NOT post again until he does. so i'll see you guys in about 2 weeks.

I have no idea how in the know Sam Adams is but an interesting article on progolfnow.com, it seems believable, certainly the bit about Tiger not listening to Chris:

Trying to figure out what is going on with Tiger Woods and his golf game is the topic of thousands of articles and hours of listening to commentators. Right now Tiger is an enigma. Almost everyone keeps talking about his swing and what he needs to work on. I think it is a little different than that. I will have to say that I can’t imagine how many offers he gets a day from instructors. I feel sorry for whoever handles his email and personal mail. It’s just that there appears to be more going on than just swing problems.

I’ve been talking to some people that have actually been around Tiger and talked to him. The more I listen to them, the more confusing it becomes.

I listen to Tiger talk about how hard he’s working on his game, but in reality, that doesn’t appear to be true. Some estimates are that he is only working on his game 35% as much as he did in his prime.

In the past month or so he has spent almost an entire week working at his new restaurant and he spent an entire week in the Bahamas vacationing with his children. Taking vacations with the kids is wonderful, but what are your priorities when you are in a terrible place in your golf game?

From what I’m hearing is that his present coach, Chris Como, has only been to Florida to work with Tiger two or three times. He is there for the tournaments, but it seems to be more in the capacity of a consultant than a coach.

There are some that say that Tiger is struggling from a coaching philosophy that doesn’t fit him, but if you are not working hard on your game then it doesn’t have that great of an impact.

It makes you wonder what Tiger is really up to and makes you want to dig in. He has almost $400 million in the bank. He has said that he will not play the champions tour and when the day comes, and he feels that he can no longer win, he will retire.

It’s starting to feel like he might actually just be fulfilling some contract obligations. He was recently overheard to say that he is thinking about going into the golf design business more intensely. What does that statement mean?

I am also hearing that Chris Como is having a difficult time coaching Tiger. As stubborn as Tiger appears to be I can certainly believe that.

There’s something going on that’s got a lot of people scratching their heads.

Tiger also is reported to have said that he wants to work more on his foundation. So how can he work more on his foundation, build more golf courses, and go into the restaurant business, and have enough time to practice enough to win golf tournaments?

Right now he seems to playing just off of sheer ability. This is why his game comes and goes. It is the lack of practice.

He said last year that he is going to work harder than ever to come back strong this season, but that doesn’t appear to have been true.

I think part of the problem may be that Tiger looks in the faces of Rory, Jordan and other great young players and sees something he has never seen before. I think he realizes that even if he could regain his game from 2000 he couldn’t come close to dominating today.

I don’t know where all this is going, but, to say the least, it is very interesting and confusing.

TIGER WOODS: "Well, I hit it good enough to be where I needed to be, but I putted awful."

Jason Day 12.174 Strokes Gained Tee to Green -0.079 Strokes Gained Putting
Tiger Woods 0.600 Strokes Gained Tee to Green -1.505 Strokes Gained Putting

So Jason Day beats him by nearly 6 shots a day tee to green and 3/4 of a shot on the greens but Tiger thinks he hit it good enough to compete and his putting was the issue. I think he's completely lost all perspective of how good his long game used to be and if he can't be honest with himself he's never going to be competitive again.

TIGER WOODS: "Well, I hit it good enough to be where I needed to be, but I putted awful."

Jason Day 12.174 Strokes Gained Tee to Green -0.079 Strokes Gained Putting
Tiger Woods 0.600 Strokes Gained Tee to Green -1.505 Strokes Gained Putting

So Jason Day beats him by nearly 6 shots a day tee to green and 3/4 of a shot on the greens but Tiger thinks he hit it good enough to compete and his putting was the issue. I think he's completely lost all perspective of how good his long game used to be and if he can't be honest with himself he's never going to be competitive again.

The guy is living in a fantasy world. He has lost all touch with reality. One word describes his unending positivity: delusional. Franky the guy is a laughing stock now, a joke, a parody of the one time great sportsman who thinks he's on his way back.

He's not delusional. He's just trying to protect his coaching staff and sponsors.

That shifting the baseline stuff is getting him all wrong. Dammit. Its so obvious. The baseline should shift to the right...the hands just gets over the backswing handpath and club lays off (which some guys calls shifting baseline left, which is completely wrong).

To be able to have room thru impact when you shift the baseline right, you gotta have a big Alpha angle when the left wrist uncocks thru impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.