Tigers Current Swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a little news blurb somewhere that Tiger shot 62 in a practice round at his new club this past weekend. Set the new course record. I don't know if that says anything about the new swing or that his scrambling is getting better.

Weird indeed.

I'm a Tiger fan. But it looks like he has been "working on his head bob" not in the sense of trying to get rid of it but in the sense of trying to exacerbate. He dips his head WAY down on that 9 iron. I don't understand.

dbl

New
He's quieted those hips down. He may make get this come back done yet.

Last edited:
Analysis: All signs point to Woods playing well at the Frys.com Open

Looking forward to mockery by mgranato! :)

Tiger Woods will return to form at Frys.com Open - Tours & News - Golf.com

I’ll be watching three things extra-closely this week that should show if Tiger’s on the right path.

1. His driver: I want to see him going at the ball hard and not losing balls to the right.

2. His health: He should be as healthy as he’s ever going to be. He turns 36 this December (can you believe that?) and it never gets any easier coming back from injury. Basically, he’s learning to deal with things that basically hurt all the time.

3. His short game: If he’s going to come back, it’s crucial he look comfortable on and around the greens. We always talk about Phil Mickelson’s brilliance in the short game -- and Mickelson is spectacular—but when Tiger is on his game no one comes close to his chipping and pitching.

I’m not predicting a win. There’s going to be some rust—how could there not be—but I expect him to play well, as well as we’ve seen in a long time.​

Looking forward to mockery by mgranato! :)

Tiger Woods will return to form at Frys.com Open - Tours & News - Golf.com

I’ll be watching three things extra-closely this week that should show if Tiger’s on the right path.

1. His driver: I want to see him going at the ball hard and not losing balls to the right.

2. His health: He should be as healthy as he’s ever going to be. He turns 36 this December (can you believe that?) and it never gets any easier coming back from injury. Basically, he’s learning to deal with things that basically hurt all the time.

3. His short game: If he’s going to come back, it’s crucial he look comfortable on and around the greens. We always talk about Phil Mickelson’s brilliance in the short game -- and Mickelson is spectacular—but when Tiger is on his game no one comes close to his chipping and pitching.

I’m not predicting a win. There’s going to be some rust—how could there not be—but I expect him to play well, as well as we’ve seen in a long time.​

With the bar set this high, he might trip over it.

has he always played with 8.5 degrees of loft on the driver or is he learning to hit up on it more (or down on it less)?

Status
Not open for further replies.