Tigers Current Swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day...

He didn't head dip. He walked around the course like he was chuck norris, fearless and looking for some trouble here and there just to make things interesting... then he would seemingly always make the putt. Never showed weakness or vulnerability, just raw passion and huge fist pumps for putts made and a pissed off spoiled brat when shots didn't come off just right. I miss seeing that guy.

Back in the day...

He didn't head dip. He walked around the course like he was chuck norris, fearless and looking for some trouble here and there just to make things interesting... then he would seemingly always make the putt. Never showed weakness or vulnerability, just raw passion and huge fist pumps for putts made and a pissed off spoiled brat when shots didn't come off just right. I miss seeing that guy.

The only hand that can beat a Royal Flush, is Chuck Norris' hand.

DRIVING ACCURACY 50 43 46.4 T125
DRIVING DISTANCE 257.0 270.5 263.8 115

He punched some drives out there 300+. Check the shot tracker. I'm guessing they averaged in that 160 yd low snap duck on his 10th or 11th hole?

Driving accuracy was down but he wasn't missing the fairways by much. Allowed him to hit 14 fairways and a fringe.

Last edited:

ej20

New
Tiger will still hit drives well over 300 when he hits a good one.The problem I see is his avoidance in using it.Further evidence he has got the driver yips.Honestly,tour players simply don't miss drives that far offline on a consistent basis.

He has been using 3 woods mostly off the tee and he's still under 50% fairways hit.Not good at all.His swing these days simply does not favour the driver.

The second round is back to normal Tiger.Poor off the tee but lots of GIRs so he scored well.He's becoming another Seve.

Is it good for tiger to be so focused on his left wrist being cupped? Shouldn't the left wrist get in the correct position by proper grip and take away?

Foley's thoughts:

Reviews Of Tiger's Second Round In*NorCal - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com -

For his part, Foley said Woods’ swing still wasn’t fully reflective of what they’ve been working on for 14 months.

“Half of his swings were the way I want it and half were a hybrid of what he used to do,” Foley said.

The coach said the intention is for Woods to take half the course out of play, preferrably the left side.

“We want to cut it, but properly, not a blocky, wipey cut,” Foley said. “We’ve got a lot of work to do. You need competition. This shows that under the gun he needs work.”​

Dariusz J.

Foley's thoughts:

Reviews Of Tiger's Second Round In*NorCal - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com -

For his part, Foley said Woods’ swing still wasn’t fully reflective of what they’ve been working on for 14 months.

“Half of his swings were the way I want it and half were a hybrid of what he used to do,” Foley said.

The coach said the intention is for Woods to take half the course out of play, preferrably the left side.

“We want to cut it, but properly, not a blocky, wipey cut,” Foley said. “We’ve got a lot of work to do. You need competition. This shows that under the gun he needs work.”​

I wonder if this guy (Foley) is so stupid or so arrogant to say such things ? He gets the most talented golfer in the world (maybe even in the whole history of golf) for 14 months and the only one thing that he could do is worsen everything in his swing ? I am last man to be said that I am a Woods fan, but I am pretty sure that he (Woods) would do better with no coach than with Foley.

Cheers

I wonder if this guy (Foley) is so stupid or so arrogant to say such things ? He gets the most talented golfer in the world (maybe even in the whole history of golf) for 14 months and the only one thing that he could do is worsen everything in his swing ? I am last man to be said that I am a Woods fan, but I am pretty sure that he (Woods) would do better with no coach than with Foley.

Cheers

yeah i agree with you dariusz. foley is showing a lack of class. why is he still trying to blame haney for tigers shortcomings.

Last edited:

btp

New
I watched some yesterday and Tiger had one divot that was about 18 inches long and left of left yesterday. I saw another swing where he still dropped it underplane and was inside out. Short irons were decent.

14 months of trying to change his natural move. The only thing Foley has going for him is that Tiger was damaged goods when he started working with him.

ej20

New
Making too many complete swing over hauls is like having plastic surgery.The first one may look fine but after 4 or 5,your nose starts to fall off like Michael Jackson.

Making too many complete swing over hauls is like having plastic surgery.The first one may look fine but after 4 or 5,your nose starts to fall off like Michael Jackson.

The mental aspect with the game golf, when you can't trust a swing change has the affect you are speaking of. If one change you thought would help doesn't, then you have doubts about other changes because you were wrong the first time--self doubt. I'm sure he has his doubts about some of Foley's ideas as a result. As has been said many times, Tiger is playing too much of golf swing instead of golf during competition. Isn't that what plagues most of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.