Tigers Current Swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These golf channel guys are still going on about Tiger dipping his head being the cause of all his woes. Driving me freakin' nuts. According to them, Byron Nelson is the only great golfer to dip his head during the swing.

ej20

New
Like to know his TRACKMAN numbers but the driver swing still looks quite a bit in to out

That's what I see as well.Sometimes he appears to swing more left and then he comes over the top of it late and could hit a pull.Two way miss.

His stats in the first round is horrendous.He's near last in driving distance,driving accuracy and GIR.That 62 is now a distant memory.

ej20

New
Here's another look at his swing from frys.com

[video]http://www.pgatour.com/video/r/highlights/top_shots/2011/10/06/mine_11frys_rnd1_5_tee_xmo_woods_08793.pgatour/index.html[/video]

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here's another look at his swing from frys.com

[video]http://www.pgatour.com/video/r/highlights/top_shots/2011/10/06/mine_11frys_rnd1_5_tee_xmo_woods_08793.pgatour/index.html[/video]

He has NO ROOM to line it up.

Like I said, I like a lot of it, but it is not wide enough and the release is mis-timed poorly.

ej20

New
He has NO ROOM to line it up.

Like I said, I like a lot of it, but it is not wide enough and the release is mis-timed poorly.

Brian,do you think it's something that Sean can do something about technique wise or is it just general rust from lack of competition rounds?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brian,do you think it's something that Sean can do something about technique wise or is it just general rust from lack of competition rounds?

I have very little idea what they are trying to do with his release.

I sure hope it is not what I see in some of the video.

I wish them the very best.

bcoak

New
for someone that has supposedly been working hard and playing a lot of holes, hi setup looks awful and tight

Dariusz J.

I never was a fan of Woods's motion no matter when and with whom. As regards the curent Foley version I had and still have an impression that it is still very unfriendly to a man's subconscious mind although the appearances somehow can make the swing look better than before in Haney's times. Woods still sucks as regards precision as he sucked before.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Say what? :confused:

I meant in my clumsy English that he still has problems in placing the ball where he wants as he did before. No change at all in this aspect. Add a crappy short game of today and no possibility to defend not only #1 but also top 50.

Cheers

Jim1

New
Haney always cites Tiger's leader board stats as proof that he (Haney) did not damage Tiger's swing. But that is apples and oranges. It was Tiger's phenomenal short game that allowed him to finish well DESPITE the INFERIOR Haney swing and the INFERIOR tee-to-green stats under Haney. Also, there was a two year gap between Harmon and Haney. So most of those 2.5 years prior to Haney (to which Haney compares his last 2.5 years with Tiger) were NOT with Harmon. If one compares the wins and finishes during the 6 years with Harmon versus the wins and finishes during the 6 years with Haney, the Harmon years were better. Also, there is something else. When Haney began to teach Charles Barkley in March of 2009 as a "Haney Project," Johnny Miller joked that he hoped that the Barkley move (his head is more than a foot closer to the ball in the forward swing than it is at address or at the top of the back swing) would not rub off on Tiger. However, Miller's joke proved to be prophetic, because it wasn't long afterward that Tiger himself began to develop that same problem. Before Barkley, Woods would dip his head maybe 3 inches in the forward swing. After Barkley, Woods began (gradually) to dip his head 6, 9 or 12 inches in the forward swing, and the results were predictable: Woods eventually had no idea where the ball was going. Ever since then, Tiger has been fighting this infernal head dip. Someone on the Internet has noticed this and has referred to it as Tiger having contracted Charles-Barkley-itis. What was initially a joke by Miller has become something that is anything but funny. As for Foley, he doesn't appear to be making any effort to correct this problem. The most obvious correction to prevent the infernal head dip is to swing more vertically with the hands ABOVE the head at the top of the back swing. This helps to hold the upper body UP during the forward swing, which is what Tiger used to do when he was with Harmon. Doesn't Golf Swing 101 teach this? Rocco Mediate seems to understand this. In a recent press conference, Rocco said that if Tiger will just get his hands UP where they belong, then everything will be fine. A flat swing is always an open invitation to the infernal head dip. At Firestone in 2010, Tiger hit his bottom, finishing almost dead last. But about 6 weeks later, I don't remember the name of the tournament, Tiger had his hands back UP ABOVE his head (at the top of the back swing) where they belong, and his head did NOT dip, and he hit MOST of the fairways, and he was hitting 330 again, and he finished high on the leader board, and I thought to myself, That's it, he fixed it, he's back! But the next time I saw him play (in 2011), the swing was flat again, and the hands were DOWN again, and the head was DIPPING again, and Tiger again had no idea where the ball was going. I had thought that Foley had recognized the problem and had corrected it by getting Tiger's hands back UP where they belong. But apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.