What Kind of Release is this? & Can an effective swing include no deceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
WHATKINDOF.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what to call this....

I'm sure the internet experts will help me with this.

(yes, this is a real world-class professional tournament player golfer)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
No, it is not Westwood. And BTW, what difference does it make who it is?

Trust me, on any golfer, if you make the shoulder a circle, and draw a line from the center of that to the left elbow, and then from there to the wrist, everyone's arm looks bent.

Shouldn't have a thing to do with what you would call it.

It obviously isn't a flip, so what would you call it....

...."experts".......???

Looks to me like someone who has learned how not to hook the ball. Missing the target a bit short and right is usually better than missing a bit long and left. The release is choked off a little with a loss of full distance potential, but the reward in safety and predictability is worth it. A very advanced golf swing, IMO.

Old Tom

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. Does it really matter what you call it?
I wouldn't call it a flip because the clubhead hasn't prematurely gone past the hosel at impact. Most of it looks standard to me: left shoulder up, right wrist going from extension to flexion, coupling point level/slightly up through impact. Left arm seems to bend a bit more (not sure if you drew that accidentally or on purpose) as the golfer does what he can to go normal.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
WHATRELEASE.jpg

This is Rory McIiroy.

Lines drawn exactly like the thread stater pic.

The first pic was of a mid-iron striped right at the pin.

C'mon...what kind of release is the top pic?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I spent a whole day on Tuesday with the TOP OF THE LINE 2012 model Phantom Camera and a world-class scientist who works for a major company in the business.

We will publish some pictures and video soon.

But, on the subject of release, I learned a lot about what it looks like up close. Interesting and right on track with what we know.

The stickman is to take out the BIAS you will have if you could find out more than what I show in the first stickman sequence.

If you THINK you know release, take a stab.

Simple stuff.....the first stickman is a Ryder Cupper, not saying who. The second is Rory to show you how I did the stickman.

If you THINK you know release, take a stab.

If you don't "get it" you never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.