It's Math Anyway (with a Brian Manzella video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Actually I use them side by side from beginning. I meant that I put more attention to the body movements first but of course check also how the club is acting and ball starts. Just a line in the water

I pay more attention into what the club does.

So does the ball.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Wulsy,

I will go create the shot tomorrow and repot back.

I did some math and I came up with some really goofy numbers for that shot.

I'd rather not guess—I don't have to. I own a machine.

So LM owners loose their sense of feel? By definition those who guess must hone theirs? Can't really see that one bud, I'd have thought it was the other way round.

Maybe I am completely missing the crux of your question, but I dont have a sense of feel from from watching someone else hit a 7 iron. Maybe I'm in the minority on this.

Wulsy,

I will go create the shot tomorrow and repot back.

I did some math and I came up with some really goofy numbers for that shot.

I'd rather not guess—I don't have to. I own a machine.

OK, thanks. I guess the numbers might be weird, but as we all know, the shot is possible and maybe even common.

I would be REALLY REALLY REALLY interesting to see how many different ways there are to create it.

I do believe that TM algorithms are advanced enough to give very accurate face angle info. But why not measure, or try to measure, the GE aspect too? It is, after all, the only thing that seriously effects ball flight which is not being measured.

gear effect is a behaviour of the clubhead during impact. The consequences of gear effect depends on the impact position of the ball and the physical parameters of the clubhead. Like Bulge/roll/COG and it's MOI.

Gear effect influences initial ball flight parameters such as spin and spin axis (and others). Without knowing the head it is impossible to correctly determine the influence of gear effect in that shot. That is why the launch monitor will always refer to the shot as a centre shot.

So if TM would include the option to enter the club design parameters into the software I'm sure that it would be possible to spit out gear information. However you need a few thousand dollars extra buying head survey machines to measure those heads and disassemble them from the shaft. I'm sure every customer would love that procedure ;)

Last edited:
Sorry Todd.

That won't work either.

Measurement will NEVER WORK on ANY FACE not pointing in exactly the same direction as the PATH with any back of face CofG.

GEAR EFFECT.

GEAR EFFECT.

:)

Sorry, have to disagree, Brian. The clubface portion of the D Plane is the normal to the clubface at the time that "matters" during collision. The fact that the clubface may have twisted from impact to that time that matters has no effect on the formation of the D Plane. It has an effect on the resultant Spin Axis. So, if you can measure the face at the time that matters, then you can determine the "top" of the D Plane. With a planar iron face, anyway. With buldge and roll, you'd have to measure the part of the face that collides with the ball.

Reminds me of a "trick" question.......The spin axis is always perpendicular to the D Plane. True or False?

Frans, I'm not asking for a definitive answer on what the impact parameters in this shot WERE. Just what they COULD HAVE BEEN. The shot exists, no?

There is more then one shot that will generate that ball flights specially because the only data you are providing is straigth at the start and then 20 yards hook.

A spin axis of 10degree will give 7% side deviation : so 200 yards carry with 10D will curve 14 yards.

So I can already give you a infinite number of spin axis values/ carry combination that will result in 20 yards hook.

Last edited:
Why don't you read Brian's posts!!!! It's impact backwards, not swing forwards! You're the only one here who asserts swing first impact second.

There is more then one shot that will generate that ball flights specially because the only data you are providing is straigth at the start and then 20 yards hook.

A spin axis of 10degree will give 7% side deviation : so 200 yards carry with 10D will curve 14 yards.

So I can already give you a infinite number of spin axis values/ carry combination that will result in 20 yards hook.

175yard carry, flies higher than average for the 35* loft, blade, ch speed 90mph, not big banana hook, more of a gradual curve.

I'd happily settle for 3 possibilities.

TeeAce

Why don't you read Brian's posts!!!! It's impact backwards, not swing forwards! You're the only one here who asserts swing first impact second.

So no matter how you use your body to get the impact better. Fine... go on...

Why you think I use FS all the time?

Tom -

Walking away from this technology is foolish! I'll stand up for truth!!! This is all we have to get detailed impact data which is crucial for helping students learn and improve faster.

Trackman is truth about impact. What more do you want? God to come down and explain how he formed the world???

This whole site is filled with Trackman believers. If you don't like it start your own site and leave this one!!!

Last edited:
175yard carry, flies higher than average for the 35* loft, blade, ch speed 90mph, not big banana hook, more of a gradual curve.

I'd happily settle for 3 possibilities.

what blade? Old original blade where the cog was closer to the heel or the new where the cog is more towards the middle? What is a "higher then average?" who's average?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I'm not sure what anyone is advocating or not, but I find it hard to believe that anybody would go in any other order than what the ball is doing, what the club is doing, and then what the body is doing.

I wonder if the same detractors would prefer their doctor to cut them open to do an exploratory rather than use a CT scan?

footwedge

I'm not sure what anyone is advocating or not, but I find it hard to believe that anybody would go in any other order than what the ball is doing, what the club is doing, and then what the body is doing.

Simple, the ball and club can't do a thing until the body influences them to act. Then and only then can you analyze what happens. Grade school stuff. Take away the human participant and what's left? A ball laying on the ground and a club in a bag and a Trackman just sitting there waiting for something to happen..... waiting....waiting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.