"12 Nights at the Academy" begins tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the Dow Finsterwald episode (at Bay Hill)? That one turned my short game around....simple and to the point....it also helped put me to sleep at night.

Not interested in watching the good old boys network anymore after they pretended to be looking for a new instructor when they had Martin Hall in mind all along. Did you see the 2 finalists he is up against!? What a fix!

they fired Peter Kessler because he was honest about Arnie being a sellout.
Kelly Tilgman is about as entertaining as white paint.

Nah they had kelly and craig kahn do it for a while after...
I liked the fact you atleast got different perspectives as there was a new instructor every week.(that show was money)

I was planning to check it out but got busy doing other stuff. Anything at all?

It was pretty terrible. First was Michael Breed who was talking about right to left and left to right spin. It was a joke. He basically said that changing path of the club was the best way to change ball flight with no mention of the face. Then Greg Norman was on. It was all pretty elementry and nothing new. Pretty much in the traditional golf channel style of providing people with useless "tips" that will never fix their swing.

dbl

New
HEY RIC

Not sure what you mean by this post.........please explain
aj

If I remember correctly, Kessler was interviewing Palmer and kept after him and kept after him about supporting the ERC driver (which was 'illegal'). Palmer seemed unprepared for these seemingly unapproved questions, and since Palmer was super big boss at TGC, Kessler was let go. To me, having seen it, Kessler appeared a little rabid and bent on destruction. Going for blood, with your boss, on tv?

Furthermore TGC has tried to erase any mention of Kessler ever working there, never (or rarely) showing any show or segment with PK in it.

Breed used a launch monitor that reports the spin in two parts: back and left/right.

I'm sure folks came away with the belief that the ball spins on two different axes.

And so it goes.

DAMN, I forgot about Golf Academy live. That was a good show, different instructors all the time made it interesting. I just can't get into Breed's stuff for some reason...

Only thing I watch now are the tournaments and the Big Break. I was really hoping an all out catfight was going to break out last week...

I DVR'd the Breed, Academy show . On the segment dealing with side spin, he did say briefly that slicers have
an open face, but the bulk of this segment was on path.

It will be interesting to watch the final selection for new instructor. What Martin Hall has going for him is his
knowledge, gravitas, and his English accent (think marketablility). What he has going against him is that the
Trackman, D-Plane stuff will contradict some of the things Breed is preaching. He will rock the boat.

If I remember correctly, Kessler was interviewing Palmer and kept after him and kept after him about supporting the ERC driver (which was 'illegal'). Palmer seemed unprepared for these seemingly unapproved questions, and since Palmer was super big boss at TGC, Kessler was let go. To me, having seen it, Kessler appeared a little rabid and bent on destruction. Going for blood, with your boss, on tv?

Furthermore TGC has tried to erase any mention of Kessler ever working there, never (or rarely) showing any show or segment with PK in it.

Well they have not erased everything. Here is the transcript of the show between Kessler and Palmer: Golf Talk Live Transcript - Arnold Palmer - January 8, 2001 - Golf Talk Live Transcripts - Golf News & Articles | Golf Channel

It's a bit long, but worth it to get an idea of what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.